PDA

View Full Version : Dolling up just to have to undoll.

Cindygirl65
02-10-2011, 11:53 PM
I hate getting dressed up and putting on my make up just to have something happen which needs me to take off my face. Doesn't that irk you?

Cynthia Anne
02-11-2011, 12:10 AM
VERY MUCH! Been there, done that too many times! What's a girl to do!

Holly
02-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Sounds to me like it is time to get out and have some fun :).

Stephanie Anne
02-11-2011, 12:24 AM
Sometimes I hate putting on make up just because I am heading out and I don't want to look naked on my face. Somedays I just half ass it and do tinted moisturizer, mascara, and lip gloss.

Don't get me wrong, I like makeup. It makes me feel good but sometimes you just don't want to take the time to put it on.

BillieJoEllen
02-11-2011, 12:58 PM
I've been interrupted many times after I got all dolled up. Then I'd have to undo everything. It was a real bummer.

Karren H
02-11-2011, 01:44 PM
The only interruption I get when enfemme is when the SA asks if I want to pay with cash or credit! :)

Jane G
02-11-2011, 02:09 PM
For those with little time to do full make up I can recommend sunglasses. Ideal for a quite hour bimbling in the car.

VictoriaP
02-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Yes it does "irk" me. But since I do not have the opportunity to get 'done up' the way I love to very often, I try to keep in mind that it is worth it for the times I truly can relax and enjoy it. Compared to having to get dressed in drab and the drab feeling I get from that, it is all worthwhile. For instance, today I have some time to myself and just spent about 45 minutes putting my makeup on, (I am getting better at it all the time), and getting dressed up nice; but I know that within the next 2-3 hours I will have to "undo" myself and clean up. BUT, the teriffic way that I feel right now, makes it all worth it! My constant regret is that I do not have a gurl-friend to share it with.

carhill2mn
02-11-2011, 05:05 PM
It most certainly does!!

Sharon B.
02-12-2011, 07:11 AM
There are times when I don't have the time to dress completely and will apply foundation, face powder,eyeliner, mascara and sometimes a light dusting of eye shadow with sun glasses and do my grocery shopping.

NicoleScott
02-12-2011, 09:20 AM
I had just finished a great eye makeup job when someone knocked on the door. I ignored it, hoping that the uninvited and unexpected visitor would go away. It turned out to be a brother who knew where the key was hidden, and he let himself in. I almost got caught. I yelled for him to wait downstairs until I showered. Usually, I ingore knocks when I am dressing.

Ericka2
02-12-2011, 09:34 AM
One time I checked in at a Motel got all dressed up go out look for the keys for my car and relize I left them in the room, had to go to the front desk to ask for another key and imagine the front desk person question, are you the gentleman that checked in sister? Hesitated and then I said nno, that is me the same person, such a rush!

Love, Ericka.