PDA

View Full Version : Raising Suspicions...maybe

juliecdfl
02-11-2011, 12:29 AM
So my wife and I moved this past weekend and have not had time to unpack due to our hectic schedules. So yesterday afternoon my wife was home and my mother-in-law stopped by to check out the place. Well, in the garage I had an open box of my shoes and on the top of the pile were some of Julie's heels. My mother-in-law made a face but my wife was quick on her toes. She told her mother that she was shocked that when we moved I came across an ex girlfriends heels from over 7 years ago! Not sure if she bought the excuse though because we have moved 4 or 5 times in the past 7 years so you think I would have found them by now. Oh well :-)

Persephone
02-11-2011, 03:23 AM
It is so great that your wife stuck up for you! Give her an extra hug and a kiss, Julie!

Kathy4ever
02-11-2011, 03:56 AM
Does your mother in law know you like to dress?

Gerrijerry
02-11-2011, 05:38 AM
I honestly do not understand why your mother in law would even care what was in a pile in the garage. It could be any ones shoes. For all she knew you could have found them when you moved in and put them asside to give back to the last person who lived there. Maybe that face just said wow I don't like that persons taste in shoes. Why even reply to a persons face unless they ask a question. Just my 2 cents. But I do like the idea that your wife cares about you.

Maria in heels
02-11-2011, 06:03 AM
it is great that your wife is behind you and so supportive

Rogina B
02-11-2011, 07:16 AM
Imagine if your wife had told her"we found them here" and your MIL offered to haul them away!!!

linda allen
02-11-2011, 08:52 AM
I honestly do not understand why your mother in law would even care what was in a pile in the garage. It could be any ones shoes. For all she knew you could have found them when you moved in and put them asside to give back to the last person who lived there. Maybe that face just said wow I don't like that persons taste in shoes. Why even reply to a persons face unless they ask a question. Just my 2 cents. But I do like the idea that your wife cares about you.

Some people just enjoy snooping around and asking questions. I'm sure it was innocent conversation on her part.

cassandra.932
02-11-2011, 09:19 AM
In any case, no worries for you for having a very supportive wife. I wish mine was like yours.

juliecdfl
02-12-2011, 12:16 AM
My MIL is extremely nosey so I know it wasn't an innocent question. It was very awesome though that my wife stuck up for me. I have posted on here before that one second she is supportive and the next second she is not so it seems she is starting to lean to the supportive side again. I do wonder if MIL suspects. I have a gay brother-in-law that dresses sometimes and we do have some similar mannerisms...not sure if she has ever noticed though.

Tanya C
02-12-2011, 01:15 AM
A very simuiar thing happened to me last summer when my wife's folks were over for a visit, and we happen to be out in the garage looking for some garden supplies when my mother-in-law spotted a pair of my high heels among some various items.(size 10 and my wife wears size 6 1/2) Anyway, my MIL asks me in a half kidding tone "those aren't yours are they"? Well, my wife chimed in and said they belonged to a neighbor who she knew, and thereby saved the day.
The point is that it was all good natured and fun, and she knows or at least strongly suspects.

darla_g
02-12-2011, 01:20 AM
I take her helpfulness a couple of ways. She may love you and fully condone (or may even support) your CDing. But it is another matter when a woman must admit to someone else that she is in love with a CD. I just don't think it is totally socially acceptable.

Now there may be many GGs who would wish to dispute that point but let's face it you girls are priceless! (and greatly appreciated)

Chickhe
02-12-2011, 03:29 AM
A good answer is a friend forgot them here... or part of a halloween costume... or I wear thick socks.

eluuzion
02-12-2011, 04:00 AM
Ok, your wife deserves another gold "atta girl" sticker to put next to her name on the chart posted on the refrigerator, :D

Sounds like she has a big picture perspective, which is admirable. She realizes that you both have a vested interest in protecting your private issues as a couple.

Now, go out and get rid of those shoes...:heehee:

:love: