PDA

View Full Version : My aunt said the weirdest thing today...

Loretta
02-11-2011, 05:59 AM
I had put my hair up in s ponytail, since it's been getting in the way of my vision.
Walked in front of my aunt, and out of nowhere, she said, "You would make a very cute woman." I turned away, and felt a little embarrassed. She doesn't know about my Crossdressing, so this was random. :eek:

When I asked her about it (what she meant) later, she said, "Your hair is so bouncy and curly, and it frames your face perfectly." It probably doesn't help that I look like a prepubescent boy when I shave. Is it possible she knows? God, I hope not.

Maria in heels
02-11-2011, 06:01 AM
Tara....maybe she was just teasing to give you a "hint". I had to reply to your post because yesterday, I too had the same type of reaction, but from a customer. This long time customer walked in, and actually said that my hair was starting to look like a GIRLS and why don't I get it cut ! I laughed and smiled and inside said thank you....

Loni
02-11-2011, 09:55 AM
be great-full you young ones can still grow hair on your heads.
enjoy the comments while you can.

Cynthia Anne
02-11-2011, 10:07 AM
You could of said there's only one way to find out!

Marie-Elise
02-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Is it possible she knows? God, I hope not.

So what if she knows? What are the consequences? If she was going to tell anyone, she would have come right out and raised some drama. Go on with your life, young man (or woman). If the drama comes, look at it calmly and be rational. Let the others freak out.

DebsUK
02-11-2011, 10:47 AM
So what if she knows? What are the consequences? If she was going to tell anyone, she would have come right out and raised some drama. Go on with your life, young man (or woman). If the drama comes, look at it calmly and be rational. Let the others freak out.

I'd go further and say that if she has busted you and that's why she made the comment it sounds like she will be accepting of you

Zoe Preston
02-11-2011, 11:51 AM
It may have been an innocent comment on her part (or not :heehee: ) but at least she didn't say "Isn't it about time you got your hair cut because you look like a woman?"

Interesting that she didn't go the negative route....

Zoe

Debra Russell
02-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Why not ask her to help see what it would look like if you had a sister -- just for fun!

anouk
02-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Two years ago it turned out my mom knew about my crossdressing since I was eleven!! And it was 1967...

BillieJoEllen
02-11-2011, 12:48 PM
I had an aunt that was always making remarks like that. It didn't matter who was around. She was just mean and viscious. She dressed me in her daughter's clothes one time when I got mine dirty. She sent me out with everyone. I was totally humiliated and embarrassed. She brought that up quite a few times, both in front of everyone and in private. She liked to tell everyone I really enjoyed it. In fact I hated it under those circumstances. Grrrrr....

shayleetv
02-11-2011, 01:25 PM
My sister told her daughter about my crossdressing and when her daughter wanted to go to college here in Utah she stayed with us for a while. She is like one of the most obnoxious, arrogant and uncaring persons I have met. One night at dinner with all my children at the dinner table she blurted out, "Your dad used to wear my mothers clothes all the time when they were growing up." It was a statement that was totally out of context with the conversation at the time. At least your Aunt was not trying to embarrass you in front of your whole family. Knowing my sense of humor I would have said, why do you say that. Do you want to do that to me. Who knows, that could have been the start of something really fun between you and your Aunt.

CaitlynRenee
02-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Aunty knows best???

Enjoy, flirt with her about it. "You really think so??" "I don't see it, how do you mean?" "Show me what you mean (Dear Aunty), I don't quite see it."

Who knows, perhaps she'll grab the nail polish, lipstick and bra and panties and say, "Really, you could pass. Let me show you."

Marie-Elise
02-11-2011, 02:07 PM
I had an aunt that was always making remarks like that. It didn't matter who was around. She was just mean and viscious. She dressed me in her daughter's clothes one time when I got mine dirty. She sent me out with everyone. I was totally humiliated and embarrassed. She brought that up quite a few times, both in front of everyone and in private. She liked to tell everyone I really enjoyed it. In fact I hated it under those circumstances. Grrrrr....

I have an aunt like that. She loves to humiliate people and did something similar to me when I was young. She is coming to visit this summer. I have things to say to her but she has no idea it's coming. I can't wait.

ninapuella
02-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Oh i love situations like these! Its so exciting when people make unexpected comments.

AlanaBCD
02-11-2011, 02:18 PM
I seriously doubt she knows. But isn't nice when you get a compliment like that?

msniki48
02-11-2011, 02:54 PM
I seriously doubt she knows. But isn't nice when you get a compliment like that?

Tara, I agree with Alana. I don't think she knows, and i do think she might have been sincere in the compliment. next time say thank you and see where she goes with that:eek::eek::eek: shock and AWE.

I have been joked at by me peers about my not so manly boobies...i say thank you...they are kinda perky huh! then shut up! see where they go...:heehee:

kristinacd55
02-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Hmmm.....bet she knows! AND, if she does, what's wrong with that?

carhill2mn
02-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Why do you hope not? An "understanding" aunt would be a wonderful person to have on this journey of yours - and it is a journey. Having been young once (a long time ago) I know how even innocent remarks can seem to be something else to a CD who is still very much in the closet. Unfortunately, I think that you missed a great opportunity. Perhaps, she will say something again and you can gently pursue the subject.

Persephone
02-11-2011, 05:39 PM
I had an aunt that was always making remarks like that. It didn't matter who was around. She was just mean and viscious. She dressed me in her daughter's clothes one time when I got mine dirty. She sent me out with everyone. I was totally humiliated and embarrassed. She brought that up quite a few times, both in front of everyone and in private. She liked to tell everyone I really enjoyed it. In fact I hated it under those circumstances. Grrrrr....I have an aunt like that. She loves to humiliate people and did something similar to me when I was young. She is coming to visit this summer. I have things to say to her but she has no idea it's coming. I can't wait.

You ladies are so lucky!!! When I was little, my Aunt (actually, my cousin) tried to drown me! From time to time, she actually brings it up in conversation!

A few years ago, she claimed that no, she didn't really keep my head under water, she was only dunking me.

The next time she claimed we were only playing water polo.

And a couple of weeks ago she claimed it never happened! She said we were in the pool and she only threatened to drown me and that my overactive imagination made me think she had really tried.

Chickhe
02-12-2011, 03:59 AM
This is the situation where you say. 'Very funny! Somehow I don't think you could make me look much like a girl by simply adjusting my hair!' If she bites, you say...'doesn't bother me, I'm curious what I would look like, some halloween I might do drag for fun'. You have to get past the turning red part first though and move to the so what? shrug the shoulders reaction.

eluuzion
02-12-2011, 04:11 AM
It sounds like she might be an undercover crossdressing detective, cleverly disguising herself as your Aunt. I would get her plastered tonight and when she passes out, carry her down to the basement and chain her to the guest bed. (Remember, always lift with your legs, not your back) That will give you some time to run some background checks and figure out how you are going to deal with the situation. Is your uncle wealthy enough to consider the ransom angle? What about her car being parked at your house?

Well, I guess there is always the possibility that it was just idle conversation. So I might be overreacting a bit...maybe you should hold off on that first suggestion for awhile, :heehee:

:hugs:
:love:

PretzelGirl
02-13-2011, 12:56 PM
I think hair comments are the ones with the least amount of meaning. A lot of men grow their hair long, but it is very common for someone to make a "you look like a girl" comment based on that long hair. In the absence of other comments, this is just a playful comment from someone that doesn't know.

t-girlxsophie
02-13-2011, 01:17 PM
My sister told her daughter about my crossdressing and when her daughter wanted to go to college here in Utah she stayed with us for a while. She is like one of the most obnoxious, arrogant and uncaring persons I have met. One night at dinner with all my children at the dinner table she blurted out, "Your dad used to wear my mothers clothes all the time when they were growing up." It was a statement that was totally out of context with the conversation at the time. At least your Aunt was not trying to embarrass you in front of your whole family. Knowing my sense of humor I would have said, why do you say that. Do you want to do that to me. Who knows, that could have been the start of something really fun between you and your Aunt.

I tell you one thing if that happened to me in MY home the little b**** would have been kicked out on the streets without a seconds thought

Stephanie47
02-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Tara, I wish I had an aunt like that! And, hair like that! Maybe she suspects you are a cross-dressers and is paying you a compliment. I pity a poor girl, whose aunt would tell her she looked like a longshoreman. When my son was in the store wit my wife and a woman remarked about his cute curls, he went to a frenzy. We had to take him to the barber ASAP. He wasn't going to be confused with a girl-nope, none of that.

Now, if you're really lucky,your aunt may invite you to a Halloween party and offer to shop for all the necessary clothing and do your makeup. If she does just make sure you topple in your high heels and end up attending the party in stockings. Negotiating five inch heels is a darn good giveaway.