PDA

View Full Version : Just had to share the nice comment

LeannL
02-11-2011, 08:05 AM
Unlike others on this forum like TxKimberly, I usually don't get comments about my clothes. Today, on my way into Mass, the one younger lady that comes to church regularly during the week complimented me on my boots :) . (They are a pair of 3 inch Nine West black boots I got on sale a while ago.) As I discussed in another thread, I have been going to daily Mass as Leann and all of the regulars seem to accept me and this young lady seems to be among them. Now I have to return the favor when she wears the outfit she wore earlier in the week. Here's what I wore:

Thanks for putting up with my narcissism.

Leann

KrystalA
02-11-2011, 08:09 AM
I wouldn't call it narcissism. Everybody likes to be complimented on their appearance. Rock on, girl !!

LisaM
02-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Leanne,
I understand the compliment. I love your boots. And you look terrific as well.

Michelle 51
02-11-2011, 02:33 PM
I love your outfit.you look very natural.

msniki48
02-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Leann, 1st of all, great presentation, you are out and about and being accepted....this is the epitomy of "the girl next door" Something I will always strive for.:daydreaming: It seems you are there girl.:battingeyelashes:

ohhhh. there isn't a girl among us sisters that does not appreciate a compliment....so don't be beating yourself up...you'll need more make up to hide the black and blue marks:heehee::heehee:

hugs

Elle1946
02-11-2011, 03:42 PM
A really nice looking outfit!

carhill2mn
02-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Compliments always make a girl feel good!

Persephone
02-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Far from being narcissistic, it is really nice to hear about your compliment! And you look lovely! Who knows, the next step might be a nice cup of coffee and some girl talk!

Hugs,
Persephone.

MichelleP
02-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Nice outfit. No wonder you were complimented on it!

Michelle

LeannL
02-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Thanks all. Persephone, I would like to do the cup of cocoa (don't drink coffee) and some girl talk. That is the nice thing about the group at church - they seem to be accepting me for who I am. I don't know if any or all know that I am a CD and, as long as I don't disrupt their spiritual life at church, I don't care.

Leann

Elle1946
02-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Church is really one place where everone should find acceptance.

TGMarla
02-12-2011, 12:57 PM
It's always nice to get a compliment. And it's good to give them, too. It's free, and makes the recipient feel good. So it's a win-win situation. And you deserve some nice compliments, too. I love your skirt, and yes, those are very nice boots. :battingeyelashes:

Patricia Jane
02-12-2011, 02:56 PM
You look lovely in that outfit. Glad you fit in so well! You have apparently made some good friends.

DaniPat
02-12-2011, 07:02 PM
I also love the boots. Narcissistic would be dressing just to get compliments. You present yourself exactly the way you look and appear to feel about yourself. Entirely feminine I would say. Whether anyone suspects they are kind not to ask. Not all churches, I am sad to say, would turn the other cheek. I find that to be counter intuitive for a Christian, but some congregations whisper about what so and so wore to church today..... MEOW, they can be so catty sometimes. Enjoy and go with it. Cocoa and girl talk - sounds like you now have a plan. A good friend is worth everything, TTFN.

Danielle Patricia