PDA

View Full Version : Would you?

Kate Simmons
02-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Some CD's say they prefer to remain men but if you had the choice and the opportunity would you live en femme 24/7? I tried it once and it was a lot of work.What I realized in the long run is that I'm myself regardless of what I'm wearing. Why or why not would you do it?:)

Eryn
02-12-2011, 03:26 PM
It depends upon the definition of "en femme". If it's "dressed to the nines" then the answer is no. Most GGs couldn't do that. If you mean "able to wear those things that please me" then the answer is a definite yes.

ninapuella
02-12-2011, 03:29 PM
I would definetaly like to try 24/7. First then i can know how deeply my female-side goes.

Joanne f
02-12-2011, 03:31 PM
It depends on which concept you mean with it , just dressing in the clothes Yes, makeup ,wig and trying to pass No as i feel that would just not be me . but if i had my own hair in a feminine style then yes .

msniki48
02-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Hmmmmm Funny you should mention that Denise... I am trying my best to go to the Keystone Conference for that very reason. :daydreaming: I have never been dressed for more than 6 hours or so.... right now i'm trying for the 4 days... i may end up with less days, but i do want to try to see if i'm comfortable being me and en femme for days at a time... I will try to make up for daytime [ less makeup] and see how i do, and of course night time makeup, which in my eyes does a much better job of hiding that guy under there.:battingeyelashes:

This should be interesting.

hugs

Karren H
02-12-2011, 04:20 PM
I've done 24/7 enfemme for a few days and it was exhausting. Obviously I'm lazy because its almost too much work being a guy 24/7....

GingerLeigh
02-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Never been dressed for more than a few hours. I don't know if I could handle wearing hose and makeup 24/7 even if I wanted to!

Ginger

julie w
02-12-2011, 04:46 PM
If I didn't have to wear a wig and the beard was gone ,I could do it

t-girlxsophie
02-12-2011, 05:13 PM
I am on the last night of a two week holiday and have spent the last six days and nights dressed and honestly its been fabulous and I know I could do it,but I am happy with my life the way it is I love being Sophie but am not one of those crossdressers that hates being male (despite appearances mostly to the contrary)I would miss not having my football,the odd drinking session etc and man and wife time. But I will say I love being en femme so very much and 24/7 time is not a chore for me.

StaceyJane
02-12-2011, 05:17 PM
After about 10 hours I really start to want to take my wig off.

Jonianne
02-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Nope. I know me and it would get old, real fast.

Mistybtm
02-12-2011, 05:52 PM
I am always dressed on the days i do not have to go to work so for me is is like 24/4 . I work on an on off schedule so every other weekend starting friday I am dressed fully as a womanand stay that way untill i have to go back to work.. and also on the other days i am off.

DaniPat
02-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Yes, upon one condition. Grow my hair out, dye it, get it styled, and then 24/7 - Ohhh Yeahhhh! I could see myself doing that and living it:)

Danielle Patricia

linnea
02-12-2011, 06:05 PM
I'm en femme regularly 24/2; on a few occasions, it's 24/4: I'm most comfortable en femme and want to be 24/7. In another year, I think that I will have made enough of a transition to do that. A lot of things don't change: the clothes need washing, meals need preparation, shopping needs to get done, the bed needs to be made, etc., etc. These things go on regardless for men and women. I prefer the woman's approach as I prefer the woman's look and circumstances. I now crossdress when I go drab and I find that it's a lot of work.

Stephanie Anne
02-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Depends on if you are TS or not. For us it is not a matter of dressing "femme" for enjoyment. It is a matter of wearing clothing appropriate to your presented gender. I don't wake up in the morning and contemplate if I am going to be man or woman today. It's part of my life and how I present outwardly. I don't accept being a slob and unkempt so I present that in my attire, my makeup, my hair, and my mannerisms.

You crossdressers have it easy, you can be men, have the safety of being men, don't have to worry about social discrimination at work and outside, can retreat to your masculine side whenever you have a tough time and don't have to make sacrifices.

I'm sorry it was hard for you to be "a woman" for a few days. I'm woman 24/7/365 whether I dress it or not. Don't get me wrong, I adore makeup and dressing nice, it's just not like I can be that guy anymore, nor do I want to.

BRANDYJ
02-12-2011, 06:36 PM
In fantasy, to be 24/7 for 7 or more days would be great. But to permanently dress 24/7, not a chance. I like my male self and would miss being me. I enjoy being able to go back and forth. Besides, my SO would not be happy. She loves me in either mode, but would not stick around if I went 24/7 on her.

nuriko_2sama
02-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Hard to say. I have a 3yr son. I dont want to confuse him. But 4 years ago i wold have said yes.

brassieres
02-12-2011, 08:39 PM
I'd like to do it for a week with a woman in control of it.

Michelle James
02-12-2011, 08:48 PM
I have been 24/7 since a couple of weeks before Christmas. With the exception of 4 hours on Christmas day, One trip to unemployment (5 hours) and 3 hours last Saturday when I helped my son with some plumbing issues at his place. (He doesn't know about me yet). Yes it is exhausting, but for the first time in my 56 years things feel right. I now like myself, and I couldn't say that before.

2SpeedTranny
02-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Oh, hell no! Not only would it be far too much work, but that would also take the fun out of the special occasions. "Dressing up" for me means something different than my workaday drab.

Besides... even real women don't live "en femme" 24/7.

sissystephanie
02-12-2011, 09:36 PM
Being "en femme" 24/7 means being a woman in every possible way. Real women do live "enfemme" 24/7 simply because they are women!! It is the only way they can live! Their clothing doesn't make a difference!!

As far as I am concerned the answer woiuld be a definite NO! Yes, I do like to crossdress! But I am a MALE and proud of it! I put on feminine clothes almost every day, but never for 24 hours or even close to that.

KrystalA
02-13-2011, 06:07 AM
Many is the time I've wondered what it would be like to magically become a woman (anatomically) for a day or two, just to know what it felt like. But to dress en femme 24/7 for more than a few days? Nope. I'll stick with what I've got, which is anywhere from 4 to 8 hours a day usually.

MargaretJ
02-13-2011, 06:38 AM
Longest I have been en femme is about 8 hours. I'd love to try a whole day, and being out and about. My biggest worry would be make up. While I am pretty good at putting it on initially, I have no experience of refreshing over a day. It is vanity, but I really enjoy wearing make up, and couldn't pass without it.

Sarah Jane
02-13-2011, 06:51 AM
If I could pass without spending hours in the bathroom first I'd definitely like to take that opportunity. "en femme" doesn't mean heels, hose and make-up to me though. Like most women, I'd dress casually most of the time and dress up when I feel like doing so.

It's just a dream though. My passing without make-up is non-existant. But I'm working on that :)

PortiaHoney
02-13-2011, 07:05 AM
A common thread to this thread (LOL) is that 24/7 is hard work.

Now you know why those of us who do transition end up spending a lot of time in flat shoes, pants, very little makeup and hair tied back.

It's great for the special occassions when we do get to go out dressed to the nines, but most of the time it's just each day as a "normal" woman.

On the flipside - you get to KNOW why some SO's can't understand "why" their partners want to CD. It IS a lot of work to be an attractive, well presented woman 24/7. It's even harder when you were born the wrong gender.

Wendy_Marie
02-13-2011, 07:08 AM
As others have said...24/7 is hard work. But beauty is pain and for me it is just as difficult and painful to not be dressed as it is to put on my Bra etc...

Jilmac
02-13-2011, 10:12 AM
Denise, I think I have mentioned before that I'm well satisfied with my personal situation, which is dressing as often as I can, just because I can. However there are times that guy mode is more suitable to my environment and when those times arise I can be just as comfortable being me, born as a male. That said, going en femme 24/7 is not feasable.

Erica G
02-13-2011, 10:25 AM
24/7.... no way, although 24/2 sounds like fun.

jennifer easton
02-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Amen to a lot of work, I've been outa work now for 2 years, and have had the time to virtually be Jennifer for 24/7 and it ain't as easy as it sounds, I never said it's not fun, just that being a woman takes an enormous amount of time, I have had a much greater appreciation for the female side of life now that I've had the chance to live it, after saying this I'd change ( if it were possible ) to Jennifer in a new York T girl second love ya Denise thanks for the great Q! Jenni

Tina B.
02-13-2011, 11:36 AM
Been there and done that, week before last I spent 8 days dressed 24/7, and loved every minute of it, that does not mean full make up and heels daily, but always feminine.
I can toss on a pair of Capri's and top, slip in to a pair of flats, and I am as happy as if I went full blown dress up. I'll take every chance I get to spend it dressed 24/7.
Tina B.

Sherry Lynn
02-13-2011, 12:03 PM
I don't think I would ever want to be full time. A lot of CDs I know are full time and they like it. It's just an individual choice. Do what makes you feel good and don't worry about opinions of others.

Kasuji
02-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Maybe if i were reborn as a girl. wearing girl clothes 24/7 as a boy could get me in lots of trouble ^^"

DebsUK
02-13-2011, 12:19 PM
All being equal I would go effectively 24/7. Saying that, I'd probably end up being more female than male, and I would like to keep the opportunity to pick and choose. On the ther hand, I started playing Second Life about 4 years ago (I'm currently on a break from the Metaverse that's lasted 6 months plus so far, but that's a separate issue) and took a non-gender specific name, planning to do just that: pick and choose whether I was going to present as a guy or a girl on any given time. In the end I got locked into being a girl, partly by choice (I'm gorgeous in SL, but then again, so is everyone LOL) because I didn't see the appeal of being a boy but also because I was accepted as a woman by all my friends there. The interesting thing in SL is that I'm actually pretty much like a female version of myself in a lot of ways: redhead, short (by SL standards) and a bit of a smart-mouthed b1tch LOL

cd300
02-13-2011, 12:23 PM
I think if I could intergrate a little male and a little female into my daily life thats how I would do it if the opportunity presented itself. I like to dress up from head to toe but I am more into just the way I feel wearing a skirt, bra, and nice top. If that were possible thats how I'd like to live..

Ms Mira
02-13-2011, 12:23 PM
For me, I see Mira as my girl aspect that I have to let out once or twice a week. I don't think I could handle 24/7 without going crazy.

Stephanie47
02-13-2011, 01:31 PM
I've been en femme (completely) for days at a time. It doesn't take all that much time on the clothing choices of the day. The facial stuff is exhausting. I do not go en femme outside my home and the backyard (six foot/200 pounds) because the serenity c/ding brings me would be lost. If I could pass (five foot seven/HTW) I would be out there 24/7 forever, if was not married.

Jess1982
02-13-2011, 01:31 PM
24/7? probably not. Though, I've never tried it. I've often fantasized about being a GG in which case obviously, yes. But for right now, I'm happy being a man who enjoys sexy feminine things.

PretzelGirl
02-13-2011, 03:42 PM
I think a lot of us are equating full time as what we do now multiplied. If I went full time, it would be with natural hair (hopefully keeping it) and the face cleared off. So you can go without make-up or minimal make-up based on the day's plans. You won't have the overheating or any discomfort from a wig.

For me though, I pass. I enjoy dressing quite often, but I also enjoy my guy side and time spent with family and friends that way.

stephanie203
02-13-2011, 04:40 PM
At this stage of life and have to explain it to everyone I'd have to say no but turn the clock back to when I was a teen with a supportive and accepting family and I would have to say yes. I have to imagine it's much easier for a GG to live her life as a woman than for a male to have to put in all the work and effort to look like a girl. Also beginning to live as a girl at that young age would have enabled me to experience a lot of same things maturing girls do and not have a male upbringing that cannot be undone plus knowing far fewer people who knew me as a male. It's the next best thing to having been born female and I'm happy for and envious of the girls who are making their transitions at younger and younger ages.

Cathypb
02-13-2011, 11:57 PM
Yes, had to. I echo Stephanie Anne's comments. Some of us just have to, and do not have a choice.

Annaliese2010
02-14-2011, 01:01 AM
I wouldn't...it's too much work and too much of a mindset that is counterproductive to decidedly worldly goal-oriented thought & behavior. It's simply not my nature to be 100%. But whenever I am me (Annaliese), I am so 100%. Whenever I am my guy, I am so...um... Hm... Well, effectively 100%, lets just put it that way. K?

sometimes_miss
02-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Some CD's say they prefer to remain men but if you had the choice and the opportunity would you live en femme 24/7? I tried it once and it was a lot of work.What I realized in the long run is that I'm myself regardless of what I'm wearing. Why or why not would you do it?:)

So the choices are: Remain a big homely guy, or be a big homely guy in a dress. Some choice. Either way, it's a lost cause. It's not like I ever get to be pretty, unfortunately, that just ain't gonna happen, I don't have the bone structure or the face for it.

MichelleP
02-14-2011, 02:05 PM
I would choose to live 24/7 en femme if I could. I strive to do that when ever possible. However, there are sometimes long stretches (a month or more) before I can enjoy my feminine side fully. Fortunately, I get to underdress or partially dress on an almost daily basis.

suchacutie
02-14-2011, 02:18 PM
The problem is that I truly enjoy both of my gendered lives! The only thing I find annoying is the time it takes to make the transition to Tina is significant. Ok, so I really prefer to have perfectly polished nails. Who doesn't :) ? To do that well and have them harden sufficiently takes a couple of hours, then roughly an hour to shed the male self and transition to Tina.

Once I've done all that I'm really not in a hurry to transition back and lose it all. So, my optimum would be to...well...have two lives (even in two different cities!) where in one place I live my male life and in another my feminine life, for mabye 3 or 4 days at a time. Then I'd have my cake and eat it too!!! :)

As I said in the beginning, I like my genders :)

tina

5150 Girl
02-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Actually someday I would like to be as real a woman as possible. I hate men so much, I have no use for even beeing one.

stellaaahhh
02-14-2011, 03:13 PM
I've always though 'no' but lately I have had many thoughts on being dressed on a more permanent basis...with full-body waxing and hormones :daydreaming:

JenniferLynn0370
02-14-2011, 03:32 PM
I've lived as a girl 24/7 for weeks at a time several times and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was certainly harder than being a guy, but the work is worth it and I get the joy of not being a guy and get to be the girl I love to be! I am slowly working toward a very feminine posture in my marriage now and I am about at the point where I am at least androgynous; just takes time!

necta
02-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Nope - I just love being a little bit of both but it really depends on the moment!

Jorja
02-14-2011, 04:22 PM
For thoes that don't know, I am a trans woman. I lived it 24/7 for thirty years. In the beginning all the makeup, hairstyling, and stuff was difficult on a daily basis. After a while, it is just part of life. Where it took me an hour to put on my face back then, now five minutes maybe ten and out the door. I dress in womens business attire andfull makeup everyday. It is still fun and I love it.

Nikki A.
02-14-2011, 07:35 PM
I guess there is a comfortable part of me that is being a guy. Also I have to consider my job and family situation.
However if I looked more fem, and didn't have to work so hard at just looking decent, maybe I might consider going 24/7. When I do dress it does feel right and natural, but then I wonder if it just the pink fog warping my mind or is it what I really want.
The real test would be able to actually do it for more than a few days and see ow I feel. Alas I doubt that this would not be feasable for at least a few more years and by then I might be too old to want to make such a dramatic change.

Sarah Coleman
02-19-2011, 02:03 AM
No, I enjoy being Sarah when I can, but don't think I could do it 24/7

Jennifer Sophia
02-19-2011, 03:08 AM
Having never been fully dressed before, I would love the chance to go 24/7. Even with all the work I would have to do to be somewhat passable I believe it would be worth it.

eluuzion
02-19-2011, 03:17 AM
Naah, I like being multi-humanal.:D

I pretty much dress the entire time I am home (which is also where I "work"). But I also enjoy dressing like a ninja at night, and scaring off those innocent teenagers that park at a dead end close by to smoke pot and fog up their windows, :heehee:

I seem to get more respect out of my laptop when I smash it with a guy's fist instead of a girl's fist too. I also pull off the cough,cough "corporate hitter" role much better in the business world as guy than I ever would as a woman. And I like eating much more than starving, for some reason...:)

Now, if you ever come up with an option to become invisible, you don't have to ask...just sign me up! :thumbsup:

:love:

cassandra.932
02-19-2011, 11:07 PM
For practical reasons 24/7 is not possible for me. Heels, bra, make-up and wigs have to come off. Other items can stay.

Jessica_Dillon
02-19-2011, 11:14 PM
I've done several days at a time, several times. The only downside to it is that I am really sad when those days are over, but I watch my wife do her makeup. I would be very happy 24/7. But, I would probably miss the boy side too, so where I am now is just fine with me!

Sedona
02-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Would I if I could? No way. Too much hassle, seriously. My drive to dress has me fully dressing only several times a year, and any stint longer than four or five days has me getting bored with it. Panties under guy clothes and the occasional camisole or skirt around the house are usually fine for me.

OccasionalSkirt
02-19-2011, 11:22 PM
I don't think I'd last over a week. It'd be a heck of a week though!

I like too much guy stuff to stay in female mode for too long.

Kristina
02-27-2011, 03:00 AM
id do it in a heartbeat somedays, others id never. it depends

EmilyMI
02-27-2011, 06:34 AM
I literally can't wait until I can go 24//7 as a Woman, all the fun in being a Woman is the hose and the makeup! (well that and the clothes, lol)

Patricia Jane
02-27-2011, 06:42 AM
If I was able, I would try it for a week. Right now I am able to dress daily for several hours!

Sally24
02-27-2011, 07:47 AM
The longest I've gone totally en femme is 4 days. And as Jessica stated, I am very sad when it comes to an end. I agree it can be alot of work but makeup is getting easier and quicker for me now. My wife asked me if I would dress more if and when I could retire. That would be a definite YES! Maybe not 50% of the time, but quite a bit more than now. I would love to occasionally go 2-4 weeks at a stretch. We'll see if that is ever practical. As far as 24/7/365, no. I have too many family obligations and frankly, I don't NEED to be a woman all the time.

diannecourtney
02-27-2011, 10:26 AM
There are so many thiongs a giirl can do and I wish I could do them, but its' to late. I'm for 24/7.

christinac
02-27-2011, 10:40 AM
Absolutely!! On day hopefully soon I will be en femme full time.

Alice Torn
02-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Denise, I believe it would be an extreme amount of work. I am too worn out, to get dolled up, more than once a week!

Sophie86
02-27-2011, 12:00 PM
I could enjoy 24/7, but only for maybe a week every few months. I'm afraid a reaction would set in if I went any longer.

GirlJess
02-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Well, I would love to try it for a while. If I could honestly say that I wanted to live it 24/7 then I would probably be taking hormones right now. I don't really know how I would react to dressing for an extended period, but I would have to come out to my loved ones if I were going to, either that or live as a recluse dancing around the house for weeks at a time!

j4fun
02-27-2011, 01:13 PM
nope, not for me. It's a costume and a game for me that I enjoy a lot but it's never been the focus. I'm a CD, not TG and a few fun hours at most. I could indulge for a special weekend trip or something like that but I've never felt a burning desire to do more.

It is a lot of work even for a few hours, that does make me appreciate how challenging it must be for those who were raised one gender knowing they are the other.

GinaD
02-28-2011, 09:03 AM
TOUGH QUESTION! As much as I love being en femme, it is a hostile world for the CD'r and as I get older it is less likely that I can pass as a woman. Because I am sexually attracted to women and considering the unlikelihood of finding that truly understanding SO willing to accept the female side of me, I don't think I would go 24/7. There is a lot about my man side I am proud of and still like.

Jilmac
02-28-2011, 09:17 AM
I don't think it would be practical for me to go en femme 24/7, even though I live alone and have no body in particular to answer to. There are still too many things I do on a day to day basis that make it inconvienient. I wear panties every day and stay underdressed as often as I can and when the time is right I return to girl mode to enjoy my femme side to the fullest. I still consider it the best of both worlds.

TGMarla
02-28-2011, 10:39 AM
I sure wouldn't get much work done! In any case, going 24/7 would mean constantly staying shaved, and wearing a wig. My own hair has gotten a little thin. So since going 24/7 would mean wearing a whole lotta prosthetics (boobs, hair, hips), I'd find it bothersome and annoying. If it weren't for that, then I think I'd like it a lot. But as I've said in other threads, that ship has sailed.

xxprincess_tiffyxx
02-28-2011, 11:28 AM
That's a pretty good question.
Yeah personally I think it would be awesome to be fem 24/7 I never will and its not like it bothers me.
But if society didn't base exterior looks with gender or anything like that, I would grow my hair out and be femm all the time. I saw someone else mentioned a thought I get as I was reading. Posts in this thread, then I wouldn't get jealous watching my wife do her hair and makeup before heading out anywhere. Hahaha
But I say this cuz I never have maybe I would get bored and not wanna be en femm all the time.
Who knows lol.
If only my beard never grew again. That would be the only annoying thing.
I wouldn't wear makeup every minute or dress in a dress and heals but I would wear all fem clothes and long hair lol. But the shaving my face twice a day would annoy me.

BillieJoEllen
02-28-2011, 12:01 PM
About ten years ago I got a chance to be 'Billie' for nine days. It wasn't exhausting but rather exhilarating. It was one of the best times of my life. I wanted so bad to have it continue. I really don't believe I would get that tired of doing it always. I would just tone it down a bit.

kristinacd55
02-28-2011, 12:18 PM
The wig thing gets real hot after awhile, but besides that I would do it for sure....guess it would just be a matter of growing out my hair!

Samantha43
02-28-2011, 08:49 PM
I would like to try it. Like you say, it's alot of work. The most I have done is 10 days in a row and I loved it! I would like to try a month.

I know I would go back, but it would be fun to try.

Sweet Cindy
03-01-2011, 12:25 AM
I had an entire long weekend to myself a while back and I was all girl, all the time for most of the weekend. I lounged, cooked, ate, slept, went for a drive and a walk, even painted the upstairs bathroom, all enfemme. But amazingly, I returned to drab well before I had to. So while I still often fantasize about going 24/7, I know it's not something I would end up doing. Too much damn work! lol.

Kate Simmons
03-01-2011, 04:46 AM
Most agree it would be a lot of work and possibly require some lifestyle changes which some may not be willing to make. This suggests to me that for many CDing is an outlet rather than someone they would want to be.:)

dominique
03-01-2011, 06:32 AM
I would love to give it a try to see if I could do it.

Jenniferathome
03-01-2011, 06:49 AM
I have done it for a few days at a time, but I have no desire to live full time as a woman. Part of the thrill for me is the transition.

tammy tee
03-01-2011, 09:10 AM
I THINK I could go 24/7 but sometimes watching my wife preparing to go out is exhausting. I do enjoy working toward the goal of 24/7 and try to underdress everyday. Recently I was underdressed and in a very public place my stockings kept slipping down. Very annoying to keep heading to the restroom for a quick fix, but I did enjoy being underdressed. I do know if I did go 24/7 I would have all my money dedicated to shoes, clothing, cosmetics and spa treatments. I would have to be a kept women by a very rich man.
Tammy

Samantha_Smile
03-02-2011, 07:31 AM
I really don't have the will, need or mostly, the energy for going 24/7!
I would however like to have a crack at 48 hours. If only to get the most use from a set of false nails!!!
Hahahaha