PDA

View Full Version : Model of femininity for girls in their 40's or 50's

linda.wai
02-14-2011, 12:31 AM
I'm in my 40's but I've to admit that in my mind, I'm still emulating feminine figures who are in their 20's ( or girls I knew when I was 20-odd but we all have now aged). In other words, I still model my gestures, antics and style on 20 something women.
In general, I find women in their 40's or older lacking in femininity to the extend that I don't want to be like them.

However, there must be some feminine and graceful women who are in their 40's or older and are worthwhile for us to emulate.

Can you name a few ? Preferably celebrities with videos on Youtube.

Eryn
02-14-2011, 12:54 AM
Meryl Streep. I certainly wouldn't call her "lacking in femininity!"

docrobbysherry
02-14-2011, 01:26 AM
R u confusing "femininity" with "sexy", Linda? Or, is it just ME?

I see SCADS of women in their 40's and beyond on TV and in movies all the time. But, many of them r MORE feminine than the young hotties in the same vehicles!
I don't find the older ladies nearly as SEXY, tho! Lol!

Abbi1
02-14-2011, 02:01 AM
Celine Dion Comes across like areal girly girl. You can still dress for your age look good I find employing more accessories to do this now that I am over 40 more necklaces bangles earrings handbags and belts seem to help me not only look feminine but make me feel nice and help me to look dressed in an appropriate manner

DanielMacBride
02-14-2011, 02:18 AM
Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind a man's input on this one (especially since this particular man walked in a woman's shoes for 30-something years)? :) Here's a link with lots of beautiful and feminine AND sexy women over 40:

Top 40 Over 40 (http://media.gunaxin.com/forty-over-forty-top-sexy-hot-beautiful-older-actresses-women/3920)

I would also like to agree with Eryn's suggestion of Meryl Streep, and add Sophia Loren to the list :) My pick of the top 40 list would be Michelle Pfeiffer, Jane Seymour, Helen Mirren, and Julianne Moore :) Older women tend to be much more comfortable in their own skin and have the confidence to be who they are and not worry so much about what other people think (in my observation/experience, anyway), and to me that's the most feminine and sexy attribute a woman can have, far more so than any clothing, hair, makeup or jewellery can ever give her :)

By the way, happy Valentine's Day x

:love:

Melinda Lou
02-14-2011, 02:31 AM
As I approached my own 40s, I was surprised to find myself more attracted to women around my age than I had been for a long time--I think it's partially that I can appreciate a more mature physical femininity, and partially that I can also appreciate mental maturity more so than I used to. Younger women I frequently find tedious; women in their 40s have been around the block so to speak and can still be very attractive. It's a different kind of femininity to admire and to emulate (especially given that my own gradual aging has forced my hand...I've known my panty size since I was about 12 and it's now starting to approach my grandma's! I think I'm too young to see myself in granny panties...).

Charise52
02-14-2011, 04:37 AM
i am attracted to women my age or ten or more years younger... and mature women have a certain style and grace and femininity that the 20 somethings I have known had not learned yet... as an example consider Sophia Loren... I think she is the sexiest woman on the planet... she is most likely older than all of us... yet she has an awesome style and grace and femininity...

BRANDYJ
02-14-2011, 05:55 AM
Odd that the OP thinks women over 40 are not attractive or lack femininity. There are some actresses that I never found particularly attractive until they reached 40. One that comes to mind is Angie Dickerson. I see women over 40 as being as attractive and feminine as any that are in their twenties everyday. So I don't agree with the OP's observation at all. In fact, at my age, I find 40+ women much more attractive then those in their 20's. I guess my sense of what is or is not feminine and attractive changes to match my age.
It would be a sad state of affairs if women also found men less masculine once they reach 40. Femininity has no age to me.

Gerrijerry
02-14-2011, 06:11 AM
It appears to me this is about sexy not feminine. Yes younger woman are more sexy. I believe that is because of the need to find a partner. A woman who is older and mature and understands more of who they are as a person. Does not want to be a sex object. Still she is very feminine actually more so. No matter what you should always dress for your age group if you want to blend in. Just my 2 cents.

BRANDYJ
02-14-2011, 06:16 AM
It appears to me this is about sexy not feminine. Yes younger woman are more sexy. I believe that is because of the need to find a partner. A woman who is older and mature and understands more of who they are as a person. Does not want to be a sex object. Still she is very feminine actually more so. No matter what you should always dress for your age group if you want to blend in. Just my 2 cents.

Sorry, I don't agree that women in their twenties is more sexy then women in their forties. In fact, I am much more attracted to women in their forties then to those in their twenties. But then again, I don't like blanket statements. A beautiful, sexy women is beautiful at whatever her age is; But more appealing to me when she is 40+.

erickka
02-14-2011, 06:26 AM
I have seen boatloads of women over 40 that totally rock this world. They're graceful, beautiful and very mature and lovely creatures. I have always gravitated towards older women any how.

Karren H
02-14-2011, 07:36 AM
Emulating a woman that is older than I am or even my age has no appeal.. Makeup was invented to make you look younger not older. who says we have to dress our age any way? Since were breaking all the rules anyway... What's one more? Lol.

vikki2020
02-14-2011, 09:09 AM
lol!! Exactly, Karen! Maybe not club attire, but nothing wrong with a young look! As for "older woman", I like to get some tips from the local news-anchors. Hair, make-up, clothes--- they are always "in style".

Megan70
02-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Holly Hunter, my idol... she's 50,

Cynthia Anne
02-14-2011, 01:22 PM
I agree with Karren! By the way my panties are still high-cut nylon or satin!!

Stephanie Miller
02-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Holy Begeezess, if, as you say, over 40 and 50 femininity is out in the real GG world - then what am I wasting my time doing trying (big emphasis on trying)to emulate something that doesn't exist? I might as well go get my dirty sweatsuit on and root around in the garden. Thanks :weep: , now my days shot to hell.

Jilmac
02-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Linda Evens, Linda Carter, Julia Roberts, Mariska Hargitay, all very feminine and over 40.

JenniferLynn0370
02-14-2011, 03:11 PM
My favorites are Nicole Kidman and Andie MacDowell; they are 43 and 52, respectively, and are very feminine, positive role models.

DaniPat
02-14-2011, 06:20 PM
I guess I should toss Raquel Welch out there. Still hot and going strong. Of course Sophia Loren, as someone stated earlier. I feel these 2 hotties are the epitome of classical femininity and woman hood. Nuff said, TTFN.

Danielle Patricia

Tamara Croft
02-14-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm 40 and I'm a woman, not a girl!! :slap: and Gerrijerry, what does a woman of 40 need to dress like then? :rolleyes:

DaniPat
02-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Love your signature, I read to the end and laughed. According to your avatar you don't look 40, more like 20 something and a GG, nice.....TTFN

Danielle Patricia

Gina X
02-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Twiggy (Leslie Dunlop) is fabulous for her age and still modelling for Marks & Spencer

Lorileah
02-14-2011, 07:10 PM
:hiding: oh oh! I see trouble coming

Welcome back to the old if you are ____ years old you must ______ argument.

I have to grow old but I refuse to grow up. I am still young in my mind. And there are plenty of women of a certain age who are beautiful and sexy.

addendum: Thank you Daniel :hugs:

Leslie Langford
02-14-2011, 08:09 PM
Well, there's often a very fine line between "sexy" and "****ty", and not many women can pull off the former without straying into the latter territory. Eve Dolly Parton recognized this with her tongue-in-cheek observation that it takes a lot of money to look as cheap as she does.

Personally, I'll take a glamorous, sophisticated "older" woman who is secure in her femininity any day over a Britney Spears, Pamela Anderson, or Christina Aguilera "sex kitten" type clone. Topping my list would be he likes of Catherine Deneuve, Sophia Loren, Grace Kelly Jackie O, Ann-Margaret, Elizabeth Taylor, Susan Sarandon, Helen Mirren, Meryl Streep, Jane Fonda, Lena Horne, Christie Brinkley, Linda Evangelista, Lynda Carter, and Candace Bergen. Sadly, some of these ladies are no longer with us...

DebsUK
02-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Is it worth mentioning any more women in the media that are sexy and feminine in their 40s and beyond? I'm 43 and have no problem dressing my age, though I do prefer to maybe take a few years off LOL A lot of what younger women (girls!) wear are fun, but you do have to have some dignity. I'd also like to say that one of my role models is my boss who is in her 50s and so chic I'd kill for her style and her wardrobe

Billie Jean
02-14-2011, 08:42 PM
I didn't see Kim Catrall on the list anywhere nor Teri Hatcher. The both of them are very femine as well as sexy. Billie Jean

dawnmarrie1961
02-14-2011, 09:58 PM
Linda,
I'm tettering on the edge of being the big five-o. I can't say I always act my age because I really don''t concern myself with it. Age is like a tracking number from UPS it tells you where you've been.
Did it ever occur to you that the very people that you are trying to emulate are actaully in the process of emulating themselves after others who are emulating others...who are doing the same..and so on and so forth? None is being truely genuine until they reach a certain age and level of maturity.

Olivia2
02-15-2011, 03:30 AM
Some names of over 40's not mentioned and worth mentioning: Ann Curry, Meredith Viera, Diane Sawyer, Marcia Cross, Felicity Huffman, Diane Lane-I could go on but you get the idea.

Kaz
02-15-2011, 04:00 AM
I love this thread!

It just highlights the whole Hollywood stereotype model.

I am ancient... so is my wife, but she is more sexy to me now than ever before. I guess we all reach a threshold in our lives when we realise sexiness isn't just young flesh... it is so much more? Some of us get there sooner than others.

BUT, as Kaz, make-up and hair can take 20 years off me! Well in pictures! Up close, the wrinkles show... and the sagging jaw line!

So... how should I dress? for the forum... sexily, to pass in the street, more conservatively!

cdsteph
02-15-2011, 04:12 AM
Age is a state of mind.... I know two women in their 80's that out class and out femme.... most others.
It's in their carriage and confidence and knowledge of their own beauty.
I wish they would bottle it and sell it........

Jess1982
02-15-2011, 07:48 AM
One of my all time favorites is Jennifer Anniston.

CaitlynRenee
02-15-2011, 09:21 AM
My SO for one is a truly amazing and extremely feminine woman. Quite beautiful. My daughter (the baby of 4), age eighteen says that her mom looks half her age and her dad acts half his age. Of course, I ALWAYS feel half my age. The fact that my SO also looks 30 years old is absolutely fantastic. BTW, my other kids are 28, 37, and 39.

An old flame from high school also looks to be about 40. Her skin is as smooth and soft today as it was when she was 18, her hair a natural chestnut brown and no hair coloring either......................So, you see, it DOES happen.......

MsJanessa
02-19-2011, 10:30 PM
I find Kim Catrell (Samantha in Sex and the City) incredibly sexy

joanna marie
02-20-2011, 03:26 AM
Ben Franklin said :
We do not stop playing because we grow old
We grow old because we stopped playing

I think the same case can be made for CDing

Vickie_CDTV
02-20-2011, 03:43 AM
I always felt the opposite way, that the younger women were lacking and it was the more elegant and ladylike mature women whom I was attracted to and wanted to emulate. There is also a confidence and strength (and a confident, strong beauty if that makes sense) that women gain as they age, that young women don't have at their age, and I find that very attractive and worthy of emulation.

adrienner99
02-20-2011, 11:19 AM
I once posed a question to GGs on this site asking what femininity is. They ALL responded with answers involving character--nurturing, confidence, strength, empathy, etc. MY answer would have been totally wrapped in fashion and demenor...high heels, crinolines, satin dresses, long gloves, and ladylike behavior...so your question assumes a CD's version of what femininity is...which I rarely see in GGs of any age. Plenty of GGs are beautiful at all ages. Inside and out. But that is not what feminity is to me.

Sandy Banks
02-20-2011, 12:12 PM
I agree with Karren too and I think there are some great looking girls in that age group on this site to emulate!

Fab Karen
02-20-2011, 07:04 PM
Hi ladies, I hope you don't mind a man's input on this one (especially since this particular man walked in a woman's shoes for 30-something years)? :) Here's a link with lots of beautiful and feminine AND sexy women over 40:

Top 40 Over 40 (http://media.gunaxin.com/forty-over-forty-top-sexy-hot-beautiful-older-actresses-women/3920)

I would also like to agree with Eryn's suggestion of Meryl Streep, and add Sophia Loren to the list :) My pick of the top 40 list would be Michelle Pfeiffer, Jane Seymour, Helen Mirren, and Julianne Moore :) Older women tend to be much more comfortable in their own skin and have the confidence to be who they are and not worry so much about what other people think (in my observation/experience, anyway), and to me that's the most feminine and sexy attribute a woman can have, far more so than any clothing, hair, makeup or jewellery can ever give her :)

I agree. And Helen Mirren is definitely a hot older woman.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
02-20-2011, 07:57 PM
Elle McPherson most definitely. Stylish, Poise, Elegant with a hint of girlishness.

Kitty Sue
02-20-2011, 08:02 PM

By the way, happy Valentine's Day x

:love:

Thanks guy, I certainly appreciate your input and thanks so much for the link.