PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have a prolem removing polish from their toenails?

Billie Jean
09-20-2005, 11:57 PM
When I paint my toenails I find that there is always some left around the edges when I try to remove it. How can this be avoided? GG's to be able to get it all off with just one try.

Billijo49504
09-21-2005, 12:08 AM
Ain't that a bummer when you have to work to get the last little bit of polish off. My wife told me to use a cotton ball to get most of the polish off. Then use a q tip to clean around the edges. seems to work for me. I also found that the stronger remover works best, but it stinks the worst. Hope this helps.

Deanna2
09-21-2005, 12:46 AM
I don't think it matters all that much with toes, but the easiest way to avoid the issue - particularly with fingers - is not to apply the polish all the way to the edges.

Not applying polish all the way into the edges of fingernails has the added advantage of making your nails appear smaller and more delicate/female instead of their normal male size. Unless of course you have small hands.

Tone
09-21-2005, 12:52 AM
Wilma always puts a coat of clear polish on first. She has no promblem even getting red off before she returns to work on monday.I'ts worth a try . :confused:

Tedi
09-21-2005, 07:49 AM
I've found that the cuticles around the toenails just aren't taken care of as well as the cuticles around the fingernails. Consequently, when you apply the remover to the toenail, it seems to soak up the remover/polish and retain color. What I do, it take an old fairly dull pocket knife and GENTLY scrape around the cuticles while they're still a little wet from the remover. Then use a clean cotton ball/Qtip to remove what you've loosened up. Don't try to dig too deep, it'll hurt like crazy. Keep the cuticles cleaner and you won't have as much trouble with the stains around the edges.
This works for me anyway.

paulaN
09-21-2005, 08:24 AM
I should put on clear first but I never take the time so what do I do. I get and acid brush at the hardware store and cut the brussils short. I dip that in polish remover after I have removed what I could with a cotton ball the brush is very stiff because I have cut it so short this has worked great for me.

obsessedwithpantyhose
09-21-2005, 11:46 AM
i keep mine painted all the time :D ,,,but when i change colors i use a nail buffer and a nail file to get into the corners :D

Priscilla1018
09-21-2005, 11:56 AM
I use a belt sander with 60 grit paper.
Sorry,I could'nt resist.

Tamara Croft
09-21-2005, 11:59 AM
If you're not a member of the beauty club, then you won't be able to read this.... just ask DanaJ for access. But I made a post regarding nails/polish...

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12555

Emily15
09-21-2005, 03:27 PM
YES YESS Yessss YES!!! OHH Yes! You hit on a good one there Billie Jean, i do! it's always been a problem for me, but i think the best advice apart from Priscilla's that is!
hey nice one! :) would be the clear first coat, Deanna's advice on finger nails is a good one to remember, thanks tips girls love Emily x

Carey2bcd
09-21-2005, 03:32 PM
OOpps are we suppose to remove the polish???
I was in college and went to a party at a friends, they ended up taking outside and was going to throw me in clothes and all. Someone said at least remove his shoes, they did, socks and all, guess what RED nail polish :) That was a fun explaination.

Really, I like the Q-tips.

Hugggs
Carey

DanaJ
09-21-2005, 05:53 PM
Some good advice in the thread so far, here is another. Do NOT soak the remover pad or cotton ball, just dampen it. If soaked, the polish remover with dissolved polish will run into every nook and cranny :)

And always use a base coat, especially when using reds and blues - those can stain the nails.

Sweet Jeanette
09-21-2005, 06:53 PM
No, I let my wife do that. :D

Carole
11-01-2005, 04:04 PM
I have practiced with a French manicure, it matters little now as the polish left on is clear and hardly shows.
Carole

MichelleH
11-01-2005, 10:13 PM
As others have said, put on a clear polish base coat and that will really help. Otherwise, I use a Q-tip and pure acetone to get to the hard-to-remove stuff around the edges. For fingernails, get one of those jars that are designed to take off artificial nails and just soak for a few minutes.

Michelle

Rachael R
11-01-2005, 10:45 PM
I always took the bulk of it off with cotton swabs and then used an old toothbrush to remove the last vestiges. I always had good results from that.