PDA

View Full Version : Adoption and crossdressing

Gocaps14
02-15-2011, 06:13 AM
I am adopted and a crossdresser. I always wondered if my crossdressing was somehow related, maybe I had some kind of female abandonment issues. Based on that, I searches for, found and met my biological mother. For me, it didn't answer any question, at least related to dressing. I was wondering if any other adoptees have had the same thoughts.

Karren H
02-15-2011, 07:36 AM
You are the first I've ever heard to bring that connection up.

gretchen2
02-15-2011, 08:15 AM
I did, but came to the conclusion that it was just fate or what have you. I also kind of thought that she (birth mother) might have been under a lot of stress which may have flooded my little tiny body with estrogen. There for creating the person that I am today, but in all reality I do not know.

chelle
02-15-2011, 09:09 AM
I would think that adoption has nothing to do with cross dressing

Gerrijerry
02-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Actually it can run in families so your dad or mom could be a crossdresser or TS etc. The problem in find out that information is that people would never admit that before this generation. One never knows. For those who say no way. It definitly ran in my family we had several TS and cd's and one lesbian that I know about. Just my 2 cents

Briana90802
02-15-2011, 10:44 AM
I'm adopted too. However, the "stress" thing mentioned above doesn't apply to me since I was the fourth born. But as far as the abandonment theory goes, well... I've definitely had an abandonment issue, but it's not about being adopted. I figured it out a few years ago that I had these issues and have been work them out. I don't fear abandonment anymore but I still dress. So whether the two are related is up to you. Maybe it's that everyone in my life has left (save one)and I know there's really nothing left to lose, so maybe I hold on go the things I know and have(such as cding).

Loni
02-15-2011, 10:56 AM
that is a new twist on the theory.

so many people from so many walks of life and such different family's and such.
there is no rime or reason to blame for what we are or could have been, we are just hard wired to be as we are. just like some have red hair and another has black hair.
yes there are some environmental issues involved but we are born as we are (no mater what "as we are" is).

best anyone can do is live there life with what is dealt them and just have fun with it.

Gocaps14
02-15-2011, 01:17 PM
I do believe in the hard wired aspect, as I was wearing panties long before I knew of any kind of sexual aspect of crossdressing or really understood what I was doing.

Stephanie Anne
02-15-2011, 01:27 PM
I am adopted and a crossdresser. I always wondered if my crossdressing was somehow related, maybe I had some kind of female abandonment issues. Based on that, I searches for, found and met my biological mother. For me, it didn't answer any question, at least related to dressing. I was wondering if any other adoptees have had the same thoughts.

Depends on if you remember your birth mother or if your adopted mother either lavished too much protection on you or neglected you. It could be that, could be a natural tendency, could be an escape mechanism, an association with sexual arousal, or could be the first acceptance of being ts/gq

PopCulture
02-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Your kind of question is so common. It's a wondering about yourself question. That's a natural question. everybody wants to know something about their self if not more than one thong. My question is this: "What Will The Answer Achieve"? Are you going to stop wearing all of those wonderful cloths? :-)

minalost
02-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Not adopted and a life-long crossdresser. That being said, I have to agree with Popculture: will the answer to this question change the way you act? I'm not trying to throw stones here, I'm as curious as the next person about the "why" of my crossdressing; but I think we sometimes get so caught up in asking this question that we forget to just have fun and accept who we are.

lingerieLiz
02-15-2011, 02:56 PM
I tried doing research for years for the answer. Final conclusion, no one knows. They are now doing more research and extending the Genome research to other areas of development. Check back in 10 or so years.

Jilmac
02-15-2011, 03:13 PM
My youngest son is adopted as are two girls before him and to my knowlege none of my adopted children (all adults now) have any crossdressing tendencies.

PretzelGirl
02-15-2011, 11:08 PM
I have and adopted wife and two kids. One kid was adopted at four years old and I have always been Dad and there has been no wondering. The other two were adopted at birth and I hear often "am I xxxx because I am adopted?" Take my advice, you are loved by the people that raised you because you are adopted and don't worry about the rest. It just becomes a head game and you will still be the same person anyway.

Carol Elizabeth
02-15-2011, 11:18 PM
Gocaps14,

Have you ever considered that perhaps you are a curious person who has discovered the joys of wearing clothing that is associated with being worn by females?

I have read countless posts of how many of us started crossdressing. They all have a common theme of exploring and being curious about clothing worn by girls, sisters, mothers, etc.

Perhaps you simply are simply an intelligent person, who took the time to explore what you found curious, and discovered that you liked what you found.

Moreover, how many of us could describe ourselves the same way?

CE

JustAlex
02-16-2011, 05:29 PM
I do believe in the hard wired aspect, as I was wearing panties long before I knew of any kind of sexual aspect of crossdressing or really understood what I was doing.
My case exactly, althought I'm not so sure about the hard wired thing.

But I'm pretty sure that there's no connection with adoption. If it were, we should be able to find a correlation. I can see that there are a couple adoptees here, compare that to the number of forum members. Now check the total population against the number of adoptees. You should see a huge difference in numbers that obviously is not there.

(I understand that the group of members here is not a statistically significant sample but it would be unlikely to think that only non adoptees crossdressers join this forum)

DebsUK
02-16-2011, 06:04 PM
When did you find out you were adopted? You'd probably not have any abandonment issues if you were very young but found out later on. More to the point, did she have good style? If so, is she the same size as you and can you borrow some of her outfits?

Gocaps14
02-16-2011, 06:54 PM
I guess I was searching for an answer to why I crossdress. Not sure what I would gain by knowing why, probably not much to gain, actually.