PDA

View Full Version : oh crap!

Steph.TS
02-15-2011, 10:23 PM
today my back was hurting and my mom (I still live with her) thought she'd do something nice, and in so doing I'm 99% certain she knows of my fem clothing, because she moved things next to the clothing that is perfectly visible (only from the angle that would be needed to place items there), the thing is I had her pick me up from work, and she didn't say a thing, she knows I want to transition, and she is opposed to this, but she didn't let on that she knows.

I don't know what to do...

NancyTO
02-15-2011, 10:35 PM
I'm kind of in the same situation with my mom. I'm sure she knows, but has never brought the subject up. So I believe were living under 'Don't ask, don't tell' rules.

sissystephanie
02-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Jen, I just sent you a IM, but I am going to try to answer this. If your mom knows you want to transition, she obviously knows you crossdress! If she doesn't say anything to you about the clothing I wouldn't say anything to her. She obviously doesn't want to talk about it in any way. You know that if you transition, she is losing a son and gaining a daughter!! That is probably a hard thing for her to think about! You just have to give her some time!!

juno
02-15-2011, 10:41 PM
... she knows I want to transition, and she is opposed to this, but she didn't let on that she knows.

If she already knows why not discuss it? It is dysfunctional when there is a big issue that a group all knows about but never talks about. Some people are so used to turning to denial that they are bad at confronting issues, so it may be hard at first. However, it is almost always better to discuss issues. ust work hard at discussing as adults and not getting into an argument. At the very least, you can both agree to disagree, and set up some rules.

Marcie R.
02-16-2011, 07:36 AM
All mothers are different when it come to telling them about your cding. It all depends on wether they always wanted their son to be the macho boy that is generally expected by the father.
I was brought up by a single mother that originally wanted a girl. From what I understand, she even dressed me as a baby girl the first year and a half of my life. When I became a little older, she took great pride in dressing me as a girl on Halloween. Life went on for me, always experimenting (in private) with crossdressing. Unfortunately she passed away without knowing of my desire to dress as a woman in my later years. I do think she would have accepted it as she was the person thar originally introduced me to this as a baby and a young girl.