PDA

View Full Version : Getting I.D.ed out of state??

Jenna Stunned
02-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Ok, So I know there have been a million threads on getting I.D.ed while dressed. But I dont think Ive seen this particular question asked. I was wondering if anyone has had any problems getting I.D.ed while traveling to another state dressed. I know a lot of states arn't supose to take out of state ids, Although I have NEVER had a problem while traveling as John.
The reason I ask is that I have started thinking about maybe taking a Florida trip in April to see a space shuttle launch before they retire them. Something that Ive have ALWAYS wanted to do. And if I get a chance to go out dressed, was wondering if I should expect a problem asking for a drink?:drink:
I guess its kind of a silly question as im sure the worst that would happen is getting denined. Which is no big deal, But im still qurious as of to whether anyone here as had any problems in the past with this.

dawnmarrie1961
02-16-2011, 10:48 AM
While I was taking one of my cross country bike trips I got pulled over by the state troopers a few times. Although I tried to stay to well known bike routes there were a few places where they merged with interstate highways without warning. The officers were always very nice to me. I had no reservations about handing them my ID. My picture is female but the name and sex are still listed as male and I have absolutely no intention of filing the paperwork to have them changed. I don't require that type of validation. I know who I am.

The officers where just concerned about my safety. They were just doing their job.
Just like a bartender would be doing their job by asking to see your ID. They are professionals.
Your money is green just like everyone else s.

MichelleP
02-16-2011, 11:25 AM
I travel a fair amount for my job and have been to many metro areas and not so metro areas including places in Florida (Disneyworld, Orlando, Tampa, Maimi, Key West). However, I've not flown en femme like some others. I have been IDed (with my male, out-of-state ID) many times while en femme by everyone from rental car clerks, hotel clerks, bouncers and bartenders without problems. That said, I've also ocassionally carried my passport too (I've never had to show it though).

Kim_Bitzflick
02-16-2011, 12:15 PM
I don't know about the ID issue, I don't drink outside my home very much, but about the shuttle launch, I'd love to see one too. If you want company, let me know.

Sally24
02-16-2011, 12:28 PM
In a tourist mecca like Florida I would expect you to have no problems at all. En route I would be surprised if anyone refused to accept your id.

DonnaT
02-16-2011, 12:36 PM
A state ID is a government issued ID, and as such, is accepted in any other state.

Note that some bars have a policy that if your ID doesn't match your presentation, you can't get in the door, even in one's home state. It's rare, and usually the bar owner's policy, not a state policy.

Stephanie Miller
02-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Don't think it should be a problem. Your cute enough they may overlook the age thing just to have you in their establishment in order to raise the level of clientele. :battingeyelashes:
I've not had a problem getting I.D.ed en femme. But with that said, the last time I had to show I.D. was to a waitress at Denny's who wasn't going to give me my senior citizen discount! :waiting:

Stephenie S
02-16-2011, 01:44 PM
Your DL is an accepted legal ID in every state. Stop worrying about it.

I have seen a launch and it was one of the most spectacular things I have ever seen. The one I witnessed was a night launch and it turned the night into day for about 17 seconds. I will never forget it.

They don't serve drinks, though.

S

Persephone
02-16-2011, 01:51 PM
I've never had a problem! But then again, I'm 165 years old.

I agree with what Stephanie Miller said, that you are so good looking that they'll want you in just to raise the level of the clientele.

I've been privileged to attend two launches (and made two cross-country flights for ones that ended up postponed). Being there and seeing it in person is an amazing experience that you will remember for the rest of your life. Do it!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Jenna Stunned
02-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Opps I realized I worded the question wrong, Sorry. I was more refering to Bars and Restraunts not accepting out of state IDs. Especially seeing as I will look somewhat different in person as to my picture on my ID.

Thank you for the being too cute comments, I doubt that would work but, it sure makes me blush.

Jessica Keys
02-16-2011, 02:08 PM
I've been ID by a couple of bar maids without any problems dressed....thinking I am younger then I am...thank goodness.
I don't know how long that will last??...It was a couple years ago on a road trip.
BUT I must tell you the checks were on main interstate hiways and not secondary roads.
Don't mean any thing by this, but I wouldn't dress on any down south back roads and expect to be served if they out me...of course this can happen anywhere in the "good ol'boy" country stores" in these USA.

Stephanie Miller
02-16-2011, 05:17 PM
I think you will find Jenna, that most servers will be too flustered once you hand them your I.D., and they see it's male, that the will be either too embarrassed or confused as to how to act. They usually will say O.K. and hand it back quickly, just so they can get themselves out of a tight spot. Don't sweat it girl... go have fun.

AnnaCalliope
02-16-2011, 05:44 PM
Most places I've been to dressed or been with a couple of TS friends who haven't changed their IDs yet, no one has turned us away. Especially with the economy as it is right now, no self-respecting business owner is going to turn away possible clients.

eluuzion
02-16-2011, 06:23 PM
I agree with DonnaT, :)

If you run into any problems, just have them call me.

It won't help, but it would be a fun call for me...:D

Same with anybody that wants to take the day off with pay. Just scan your timecard, email it to me and I will digitally sign off on it.

Unfortunately, that will also be useless to you. But you gotta admit, it is a good idea, right? :D

:love:

Yolanda_Voils
02-19-2011, 05:47 PM
I suggest going to Adult oriented bars etc, stay away from Chucky Cheese etc.

Also the Cowboy & Redneck style clubs may be a bad idea.

Just cause you can get in the door is not excuse to not use good judgement.

I travel to Fla often, dress for the beach at night but have not had the nerve to go in to a club yet..
Hopefully this year :)