PDA

View Full Version : to be or not to be

mellisa
09-21-2005, 04:10 AM
I do not do wig and make-up, but all the clothes from head to toe and lots of jewelry. Am I alone, or do you all except people like me?

Deanna2
09-21-2005, 06:10 AM
I learned a long time ago that if one individual has thought of doing or has done something then there are others who have also done it already. No you are not alone.

Being a lazy type I'll sometimes just put on a skirt and cami with heels. I usually spray on some perfume (Paris by YSL), but make up and wig don't come out all that often.

Tamara Croft
09-21-2005, 06:14 AM
Mellisa don't ever think you are alone. There are many members here who haven't even dressed for years, but are still a part of our home... yes.. home..... we are one big family and you are a part of it. It doesn't matter if you don't wear a wig, there are no rules are there? Acceptance comes within, if you accept yourself, then you are halfway there :D

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will fit right in ;)

Donna
09-21-2005, 06:20 AM
Mellisa -

Welcome! I'm just the opposite! I like to wear a wig, makeup, panties and a soft robe. I don't often bother with bras, skirts, etc. My dream is to loose weight so I'll look good when I dress up all the way!

Once again welcome! It's nice to have so many different people to talk with!

Huggs & Kisses,

Donna

DonnaT
09-21-2005, 06:31 AM
I rarely don a wig and make-up Melissa. Nothing wrong with how each individual chooses to present themselves.

Wendy me
09-21-2005, 06:34 AM
we love just the way you are....

Raychel
09-21-2005, 06:58 AM
Mellisa, You are definetly not alone. I don't own a wig or makeup. And I don't think in my mind that I would even want them at this point in my life. But all the other items sure do make my life alot more fun. So bring on the lingerie and dresses. Leave the makeup for those who want it. As long as you enjoy your life, Be happy and have fun.

MarinaTwelve200
09-21-2005, 07:01 AM
I do not do wig and make-up, but all the clothes from head to toe and lots of jewelry. Am I alone, or do you all except people like me?
Makeup IS the main thing for me--Lipstick is what got me started CDing after all---Indeed when I am lazy--I dont need the clothes---Just a stuffed bra under my shirt works fine--so long as I have my makeup on (lipstick and eyeliner)---And of course a wig.

I think the difference between us---is that Makeup changes one's face---which suggests that changing my IDENTITY seems to play a stronger part in MY CD than for the dress only crowd.---there might be some interesting things here to look into.

Priscilla1018
09-21-2005, 08:34 AM
Hi Mellisa,

Welcome to our family,you are not alone.I don't wear a wig,I'm growing my hair out.Other than that it's just panties,shaved legs,arms and underarms and mus'nt forget my favorite perfume(Shalimar).I don't go out because my wife requested I grow my full beard back.Non of that really matters so much,it's more about who we feel or think we are.

Sharon
09-21-2005, 09:24 AM

Everyone is accepted here, Mellisa, and there should be no feelings that any one manner of expressing yourself is better or lesser than another. Our membership consists of people who only think about crossdressing to those who live full-time as females.
So, relax, there is no reason to feel that you don't belong here, because you do! :)

Natalie x
09-21-2005, 09:35 AM
See, Mellisa, everyone here is different, it's part of the joy of belonging to this special community, that you can just be yourself. No need to conform to any pattern.

If I'm going out, I like to go the full mile and wear wig, makeup, undies and shoes. Oh yes, and some lovely feminine clothes! But most of the time, at home on my own, I just slip on an old dress and don't bother with any of the extras. It just feels comfortable and nice.

GypsyKaren
09-21-2005, 09:40 AM
Hi Mellisa,

Though I 've been dressing for over 40 years, it wasn't until recently that I bought a wig and got into make-up. I only get totally done up when I'm going out, very rarely otherwise. Whatever you do is great, and you are never alone.

GypsyKaren

Jenny Beth
09-21-2005, 09:47 AM
I rarely have time to do the makeup thing but it has never bothered me. Do what feels comfortable for you, there are no rules to be accepted here.

uknowhoo
09-21-2005, 09:50 AM
Melissa, I've been dressing for almost 30 years. I got my first wig, make-up and breast forms just this year. I've only had the chance to get dressed w/hose, wig and make up once or twice. Often, I just wear a bra with forms, and a tennis shirt and skirt... ooh la la.
The main thing is to accept it, and enjoy it.
Good luck, and welcome. Hugs, Tammi

Marla GG
09-21-2005, 09:56 AM
Mellisa,

Until recently my Angel rarely wore a wig or much makeup. Personally, I enjoy looking at boys in girls' clothes just as much as I like seeing the fully en femme pictures that get posted here.

I wonder why it is that this forum gives the impression of catering only to the "All or nothing" crowd? Because as you can see, the membership is actually quite diverse in terms of how they like to dress.

To all the part-time, partial CDs....you are most definitely welcome here! :thumbsup:

Shelly Preston
09-21-2005, 10:08 AM
We are all like different colours on a rainbow.
Similar but different at the same time.

Just be what you want to be, but most of all be happy.

BethCD
09-21-2005, 11:34 AM
Melissa, As you can see you are not the only "partial-dresser" (?).
I usually just wear panties, bra, top and skirt along with girl shoes. Would love to do wig and makeup more often but someone always stops by the house, and wig ( leaves marks on scalp) and makeup take too much time to take off.
Nothing at all wrong with partial-dressing. You're still one of us.
Beth :D

racquel
09-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Welcome aboard,you are no different than the rest of us.Just be yourself. :D

arula
09-21-2005, 11:53 AM
Mellisa,

Until recently my Angel rarely wore a wig or much makeup. Personally, I enjoy looking at boys in girls' clothes just as much as I like seeing the fully en femme pictures that get posted here.

I wonder why it is that this forum gives the impression of catering only to the "All or nothing" crowd? Because as you can see, the membership is actually quite diverse in terms of how they like to dress.

To all the part-time, partial CDs....you are most definitely welcome here! :thumbsup:

I was only dressing in intimate garments for the longest time, 30 years. It is only now that I have wanted to finish my final look, hair, makeup and gesture. To each her own, in her own time. Kisses, Arula

Katie Ashe
09-21-2005, 12:01 PM
I do not do wig and make-up, but all the clothes from head to toe and lots of jewelry. Am I alone, or do you all except people like me?I was discussing this with someone else the other day, In short we all dress at different levels, and still have the samething in common, to not feel so alone. We are here for you. If your happy, than share, if not than we'll give you :hugs:

Olivia
09-21-2005, 09:27 PM
Yes, there is no "real way" to crossdress. However you enjoy it and whatever makes you feel good is the way for you. As Arula , I had only lingerie for many years. It's only in the last year that I've developed a female wardrobe for myself. You know best what feels right for you; you will evolve as it suits you (or not). As so many others stated, everyone is accepted here-that's what makes this community so cool. Later, Olivia.

Tiffy
09-21-2005, 09:39 PM
Hardly ever wear a wig as I get to damn hot and only wear makeup from time to time. Clothes I wear daily and jewlery when I can. No worries you are not alone.

Kisses, April

Angela Burke
09-21-2005, 11:12 PM
Hi Mellisa'
I've got a couple of wigs but very rarely wear them (I've only been out in drag a couple of times), and I find them annoying and a constant worry(going askew or coming off!).
I usually wear some makeup as it does help, but nothing over the top.
So for me it's normally just bra, panties, slip, tights, and a nice skirt and top.
And heels of course!

If you like wigs great!
If you don't great
Ditto makeup!

Whatever suits you is just fine!

Love Angela XX

mellisa
10-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Thank you so much for all the words of wisdom:)
Mellisa:D

Georgette
10-07-2005, 05:21 PM
See as you quoted the almighty scribe(Shakespear) how about this(It is better to have xdressed than to never have xdressed at all.)