PDA

View Full Version : Ran into an ex-girlfriend yesterday

DeeDee1974
02-16-2011, 04:41 PM
I was at Starbucks yesterday and saw an ex girlfriend. We dated for a little more than 2 years. I even proposed twice, but she wants no part of marriage and children. She had no idea about my dressing back then. I decided not to say anything figuring she wouldn't know it was me. We made eye contact a couple times and she left the store. 2 minutes later she came back and stood over my table staring with a puzzled look and said "Danny"?

I replied "it's Dee now". To which she replied " Holy shit can I sit down?"

We wound up chatting for a few hours, a lot catch up, and a ton of questions. She wondered if I was "like this when I dated". When I said yes I could tell she was a little hurt. She was really interested in the changes in my body from hormones. She said I really look like a woman. So I wondered how she knew it was me and she said it was my eyes, "you always had such pretty eyes for a guy"

in wrapping up she said she is glad we never got married because she could not have been with another woman. Made me appreciate my wife even more than I already do.

RachelOKC
02-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Even though your ex had to approach you after you first recognized her, it appears that it was still good for you to catch up. The experience seems to have been affirming of your current relationship with your wife and it seems to have affirmed your ex's decision not to marry you. Sounds like it wound up being the best of both worlds, which is really fortunate.

I certainly cannot blame your ex for feeling hurt, even after the time transpired since you broke up. When we make choices not to share this rather big part of ourselves, we might as well be living a lie. It's good that even though the truth now didn't necessarily have to be told, you were honest with her in the end. I can imagine a certain sense of satisfaction with that.

Melody Moore
02-16-2011, 07:00 PM
:heehee: Doesn't it feel nice when people who were close to you start questioning if they really know you or not?

Recently I moved into a new place after seeing an advert for shared accommodation. I recognised the
advertiser as being a guy who I knew very well & also played with him in a band a number of times at
a popular blues bar here in Cairns about 4 years ago. I even had this guy's phone number still on my
mobile phone. When I called him, I told him that he did know me, but not as how I am now. I told him
that I was transitioning from male to female. When I went around to see him & check out the room, he
looked at me with a very puzzled look on his face & said... 'You say I know you, but I cannot place you'.

I ended up pulling up my Facebook page and showed him a photo of me as a male. He was shocked when
he realised who I was. He told me he would have never guessed it was me & he wouldn't have recognised
me in the street. He said 'You're a f**king good guitarist & singer, why did you choose to do this?'. Then I
explained to him it wasnt a choice for me, this is something I didn't choose to do, it choose me. Since then
he has been very understanding and supportive and shows me all the courtesy & respect of any other female.

I had a similar experience one day when I was walking into a supermarket and ran into a lady I have known
very well for over 6 years. I said 'Hi Coleen' as we neared each other. She looked at me with a dumb-founded
look & said 'Do I know you?' I said yes and told her who I was was, then she said she would have never known.

Jennifer Marie P.
02-17-2011, 08:29 AM
What an interesting story and now she knows you as Dee.

Jenny Doolittle
02-17-2011, 08:53 AM
Dee,

At least you recieved two compliments from her, you have pretty eyes and she sees you as the woman you are.

Stephanie Anne
02-17-2011, 10:20 AM
You should have told her she really looks like a woman now too.

AnnaCalliope
02-17-2011, 12:55 PM
I had a similar experience about 8 years ago. I had recently started dating this girl, and although I told her upfront on our first date about "Anna", she had yet to meet her. We took classes at the same community college and saw each other almost everyday anyway, but had set aside Wednesday as the time when we did our best not to run into each other. That was her girls' night, and it happened to be the same evening I would hang out with all my GBLT friends at a coffee house in Historic Red Bank, NJ. Given that we lived close to 25 miles away from each other, I don't think either had a clue we'd find ourselves at the same place.

Wednesday evening shows up, I've got on a black cami underneath a short-sleeve lace top, flared bottom slacks, strappy 4" sandals and light make-up. I met my friends at the usual spot, ordered coffee and made small talk. After about half an hour, I notice my gf in the corner booth on the other side of the restaurant, hanging out with her girlfriends'. I do my best to keep away and even contemplate leaving early. My ex-boyfriend Ian, who was there, talked me into staying, telling me, "She already knows about you, what's the big deal?".

About 9pm, I step out front for a smoke. Right as I take the first drag, I get a tap on the shoulder. Its her, and she needs a light. I rummage through my purse and hand her one. She compliments my shoes. I smile. She introduces herself, "Hi. I'm Gloria". I chuckle and respond, "I know." That's when it hit her. She blinked, looked me up and down. "Holy shit. Wow. I saw you like 4 times in there and had no idea. You really know how to look female." I blushed, a lot. After that, I met her friends and she met mine and everyone was incredibly supportive.

We ended up going our separate ways not too long after. The semester ended and she transferred to a four-year college in Illinois. I still think of her, but that's just another "What if?"

DeeDee1974
02-17-2011, 05:03 PM
The cool thing is that I have already received an email from her saying we should hang out. She doesn't have many friends in the city now that they have all married and have kids. I don't have a lot friends either so this could be nice.

amielts
02-17-2011, 10:56 PM
Thanks for sharing this interesting experience. I have often wondered what would happen if former close friends see me now.

DeeDee1974
02-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Thanks for sharing this interesting experience. I have often wondered what would happen if former close friends see me now.

You never know how others will react. I told one of my former co-workers because I thought she could handle it. She had been very open minded and at one time openly bisexual. We metnfor drinks a couple months ago and I could tell she was uncomfortable. Turned out she was born again. LOL.

Now my former high school principal, a nun, totally cool with it. We talk often

danielleb
02-18-2011, 04:51 PM
How could you resist jokingly laying your transition all on her refusal of you, before coming clean about it of course?:D

DeeDee1974
02-18-2011, 08:51 PM
How could you resist jokingly laying your transition all on her refusal of you, before coming clean about it of course?:D

God I wish i had thought of that. The fact is we were both a bit flustered at first. Plus I asked her to marry me knowing she wasn't the marrying type. So I can't blame her too much for saying no. Plus I think seeing your ex boyfriend wearing a tight sweater with HER cleavage a bit exposed might have been all the shock she needed that day.