PDA

View Full Version : Cycles

Gillian Gigs
02-16-2011, 05:23 PM
We all know about a women's monthly cycle, but men have a cycle also. Do the casual dressers find that there are certain times that the desire to dress up is stronger than at other times? Does the desire to dress up have anything to do with sexual arousal? I find that the older I have gotten, the less the sexual side has played into getting dressed up. It was always a flip flop between the sheer enjoyment and the sexual excitement, or combination of both. Now it is more about the sheer enjoyment of it all. I would enjoy to hear others thoughts and comments.

il.dso
02-16-2011, 05:29 PM
Great question.
Yes, I used to have "cycles" where my urge to crossdresss increased and decreased.
Now, over last five years or so, I just want to crossdress all day, every day!
I always thought that my urges would decrease as I got older, or I'd at least I'd be better at controlling them.
At 50, crossdressing is an all-consuming passion.
I continue to want to buy more clothes and dress up more and more frequently.
Life and crossdressing certainly are "interesting" indeed!

DebsUK
02-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Imagine my disappointment to find this thread isn't about mountain biking

I have been going through dressing cycles, but years in length. I was dressing a lot last year, then stopped, and came back late last year, and the same happened the previous year, and always around this time of year. I hope it doesn't go away this year (not that it ever truly deserts you)

BRANDYJ
02-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Odd, when I am havng a lot of sex with a GG partner, I have always wanted to dress more then when I am not having sex. If I had good sex with a love done everyday, I think I would want to dress everyday. Go figure! Now that my SO is 1200 miles away and obvioisly no sex, other then the uni-cycle variety (lol), my desire to dress is no even close to how much I want to the day after a night of good sex with her. I've always been that way. must be the sex takes away the male hormones and lets the flood of female hormones take over. lol

eluuzion
02-16-2011, 07:02 PM
BrandyJ...you just made me realize something that did not "register" in my past. Back about 90 years ago when I was "dating", if the woman did not end up spending the night, I would have the intense urge to dress after she left! What's up with that? hmmmmm...:doh:

I can only think of two possible theories here.

1) The sex was not that good with the woman.
2) I had a "rebound" desire, but the woman already went home.
3) I have an above average libido
4) Maybe I am bi-sexual and something was left unsatisfied.
5) Maybe, since you seem to have a similar proclivity, it is not "unusual".

Or maybe all we can derive from this is that I have a problem with math...:heehee:

Regarding "cycles"...

I have "routines", just as most humans do. But I do not believe I have predictable "cycles". I do have certain situations where the "urge" becomes greater. Like when I am under stress (which is rare),just before and after meeting with other people and first thing in the morning after waking up. I just realized that pretty much accounts for my entire day...No wonder I dress 24/7...:D

:love:

dawnmarrie1961
02-16-2011, 07:38 PM
151910 151911

as you can no doubt tell i love cycles

BRANDYJ
02-16-2011, 09:22 PM
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. I dressed so much more when I was living wiht a loved one then I donow living alone. Now I bet there are lots of married CD's that wish they were living alone to dress all they want. Trust me, it's no picnic. I think I may even have a touch of depression since I am in love wiht my SO and for now she has to live 1200 miles away taking care or 3 granddaughters. I know I'll be happier when we are back together and I know when we are, I wll want to dress more.

katrinakat
02-16-2011, 09:30 PM
I could not agree with you more. The older I've gotten my desire to dress has increased dramatically. I feel so relieved and at ease. When my heart is set on dressing, I get tunnel vision, and my only focus and goal is to dress. If I had the time i'd dress everyday,.. after work etc. Some weekends, I'll be in drag the whole time. It can be difficult with the whole hair thing....but even after it all I reluctantly go back to boy mode. There's something so invigorating and wonderful about being in FEMME!!!

Jessica_Dillon
02-16-2011, 09:35 PM
For myself, the times certainly did seem to pull more on some days than others. Over time, the more I have learned, the more I have traveled and the more I have come to understand myself...I'm finding that I more and more enjoy this part of myself. This has transformed from a juvenille, almost fetish crossdressing, to a full appreciation of the finer sex. The little things have come to mean more. My wife and I frequently sit in for an evening, watch a movie and do pedicures. I love it! I recently has a friend of mine give me a flower. At the risk of running mascara, I had tears in my eyes. A whiff of perfume, a great deal on a dress...it doesn't matter. I enjoy expressing my feminine self now, and look for more and more opportunities to do so! It really is a wonderful gift we share!

sissystephanie
02-16-2011, 10:28 PM
I don't think that I have "cycles," or have ever had any. I dress simply because I like the fit, feel, and look of feminine clothes. That is now, and always has been, the reason why I dress. I do wear panties virtually every day, even though it may only be part day. And I also wear feminine clothing either outside, or in the house, almost every day for some of the time!!

Eluuzion, you have only been dating for about 90 years? I have you beat by a whole lot of years!! LOL

Allisa
02-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Wow I'm not the only one,sounds familiar,it' been a long time since I let Lisa out.Well now that I'm in femme mode I joined this site and am enjoying updating my wardrobe,make-up and re-femmininizing body and mind.I guess because my profession is in a very macho field being around all that attitude draws me to my masculine self on a daily basis.I do not purge by throwing away my clothes and such and denying my femme side as I have heard others do,I just enjoy both sides and am glad that I learned to incorporate both sides to make up my whole being.It does get somewhat insane between mustach then no mustach,very short nails then long nails 1/8th inch past finger tip.Only one draw back is my poor Pug dogs are somewhat confused as to who is recieveing thier affection(same voice,different person)alot of head tilting goes on.

Cynthia Anne
02-17-2011, 01:10 AM
I have to agree with you! I know my cycle to dress has went to 24/7! Don't Know if its peak yet!!

katrinakat
02-17-2011, 01:14 AM
Love your thought process!!!
brandyj...you just made me realize something that did not "register" in my past. Back about 90 years ago when i was "dating", if the woman did not end up spending the night, i would have the intense urge to dress after she left! What's up with that? Hmmmmm...:doh:

I can only think of two possible theories here.

1) the sex was not that good with the woman.
2) i had a "rebound" desire, but the woman already went home.
3) i have an above average libido
4) maybe i am bi-sexual and something was left unsatisfied.
5) maybe, since you seem to have a similar proclivity, it is not "unusual".

Or maybe all we can derive from this is that i have a problem with math...:heehee:

Regarding "cycles"...

I have "routines", just as most humans do. But i do not believe i have predictable "cycles". I do have certain situations where the "urge" becomes greater. Like when i am under stress (which is rare),just before and after meeting with other people and first thing in the morning after waking up. I just realized that pretty much accounts for my entire day...no wonder i dress 24/7...:d

:love:

Sophie86
02-17-2011, 01:59 AM
Odd, when I am havng a lot of sex with a GG partner, I have always wanted to dress more then when I am not having sex. If I had good sex with a love done everyday, I think I would want to dress everyday. Go figure! Now that my SO is 1200 miles away and obvioisly no sex, other then the uni-cycle variety (lol), my desire to dress is no even close to how much I want to the day after a night of good sex with her. I've always been that way. must be the sex takes away the male hormones and lets the flood of female hormones take over. lol

It's called "putting out the fire with gasoline." :)

I've noticed this in my relationship with my wife. I'm usually hornier the morning after sex than I am the morning before, even if it has been a week. Disuse causes the libido to go to sleep. Once it's woken up, it takes a little while for it to drift off again.

As for dressing, there are no regular cycles that I can see, but they seem to stretch over years rather than months or days. Sometimes I get horny while dressed, sometimes it doesn't occur to me. When I go out, I don't let myself think about it. I want to just enjoy being out, and not have any weirdness.

KrystalA
02-17-2011, 06:23 AM
Yep, I agree, Gillian. The older you get, the more it's about enjoyment. It isn't nearly as much about sexual excitement as it used to be. Now, I just love wearing feminine attiree and feeling girly.

Gerrijerry
02-17-2011, 06:40 AM
with age comes more understanding and in a lot of cases less worry about what others think.
Sex is great when you are younger and many crossdressers assoc. crossdressing with sexual feelings.
As we get older the sex is less important and crossdressing can become something more. Many have said they simply feel more complete when dressed. So when there is less worry about crossdressing then you would naturally do it more. For some it was always not just crossdressing it was finding out that their feminine side was actually stronger then the male side. So when it becomes possible to dress more or even 24/7 they do. I have heard it from so many. When I retire I will dress much more or full time.

lauraabdl
02-17-2011, 08:25 AM
Great question.
Yes, I used to have "cycles" where my urge to crossdresss increased and decreased.
Now, over last five years or so, I just want to crossdress all day, every day!
I always thought that my urges would decrease as I got older, or I'd at least I'd be better at controlling them.
At 50, crossdressing is an all-consuming passion.
I continue to want to buy more clothes and dress up more and more frequently.
Life and crossdressing certainly are "interesting" indeed!

I must agree at 58 now the urge is all consumming. I have never had this full a closet or as full a dresser, and now the time to dress. I live alone now and dress everyday. sometimes I go out dressed and never enjoyed myself more. I do get lonely from time to time, I just dress more frilly and girly and I don't feel so bad anymore.

Kate Simmons
02-17-2011, 09:11 AM
I dunno, to me this implies a lack of control. If one takes ownership of their own vessel, they decide when they do something and the reasons for doing so.:)

GingerLeigh
02-17-2011, 09:15 AM
The pink fog is the most dense in the fall. I get all melancholy around then.

Loni
02-17-2011, 10:22 AM
well i have three bikes..but this is not about that. the only cycle in dressing i have is i tend to want to dress more when i am awake. but then i am in a night gown or "other" girlie sleeping clothing when in bed sleeping. (dreaming about buying new skirts).

BillieJoEllen
02-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Once I found out that I did like CDing it was always for the sexual thrill. Over the years that thrill has left the building and I now do it in order to connect with myself in a positive way. Its the missing component in my transsexualism.

Charise52
02-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Since I always exclusively wear womens jeans and tops and shorts and tops and camis and panties, (even when dating a GF) It is hard to comment on this... yet there are times when I put on a skirt or a dress and just go out... even if just to drive for a while and arrive at at a hamburger window... I have not observed a cyclic nature to this... yet it bears looking into...