PDA

View Full Version : Masculine projects versus femenine routines (okay, just a humorous story..lol)

Marissa
02-17-2011, 12:07 AM
The title is not true to the nature and not meant to be a debate or thoughts carved in stone, its just a funny story to tell :D

I have been sanding and prepping a long dresser for my daughter, who has recently moved out but needs the dresser. So finally finished the prep and started painting yesterday.

Well today, I told her what the status was and here is the conversation:

Me: I painted most of it but need to use a roller vice a brush on the big flat parts to give it a smoothness. And not only that, I should have use primer on it before painting.

Her: Primer? what is that?

Me: Its what you use before putting foundation or eyeshadow on.

Her: Oh, I don't use that.

Me: Yes, I can tell...:eek::heehee: okay..just kidding. Anyway, its what you put on first so makeup will adhere better and not clump..leaving a smooth finish.

Her: Oh okay, sounds good.

Now who would have thought that I would be having this type of conversation with my daughter?????? not me.. :D

So..uhhh..sanding is like exfoliation????? :doh:

Like I said, it was just a funny story to share..

Hugs,
Marissa

Persephone
02-17-2011, 12:19 AM
Oh, that is too good, Marissa! Loved it!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Marissa
02-17-2011, 12:40 AM
Oh, that is too good, Marissa! Loved it!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Thank you, thought it would be great to share it :)

Eryn
02-17-2011, 01:02 AM
That's the perfect counterpart to the occasional CDer tendency to describe femme activities like makeup application using masculine-style terminology:

"Use a shadow brush with a fairly high tensile strength..."

larry
02-17-2011, 01:30 AM
It IS funny. Thanks for sharing. It makes me curious about your status. Does your daughter know about you lifestyle ? I cannot imagine that conversation if she doesn't.

Marissa
02-17-2011, 01:45 AM
It IS funny. Thanks for sharing. It makes me curious about your status. Does your daughter know about you lifestyle ? I cannot imagine that conversation if she doesn't.

Yes, Larry..she knows but doesn't or isn't ready to see..even though she has come home unexpectedly when she lived here..so no choice but to deal with it.. she is just not use to or want to give up Dad and trade for mom :) She has gone to watch Dragqueens and loved that, even chatting with them.. its only because its dad wearing a dress..and i respect that. Still we can watch America's Next Top Model and talk fashion, makeup, or woman stuff..and she is fine..even borrowed some of my items :)

That is why I found it so funny to make reference to 'primer'.

Eryn: too funny..get the belt sander out for exfoliation.. lol

Hugs,
Marissa