PDA

View Full Version : Living alone.

suzy1
02-17-2011, 04:08 AM
I have noticed what a wide spectrum of lifestyles are encompassed here.
One thing that is very noticeable is that most members are living with there S.O.
And then there are some who are looking for a partner that they can share there lives with. And hopefully will accept there dressing.

The third group seem to be in a minority, but are they?
That third group includes me.

I have raised a family. I am very close to my two sons and my daughter. And I have just one or two good friends.

But I live alone. Every night when I come home there is no one to greet me. I have to cook for myself and do the housework. The only conversation I have is talking to myself [which I do a lot of]
But I get to be Suzy the moment I get in the door.

But I am blissfully happy! Am I the only one?

SUZY

Loveday
02-17-2011, 04:27 AM
Count me in also as part of the third group minority. I raised my child alone also and while very close I live alone. The only difference is that I talk to my adopted dog from the Humanes Society instead of myself.

Lisa Loveday

Mistybtm
02-17-2011, 05:42 AM
I also live alone and have for about 7 years now. I do get lonely from time to time. Also as soon as I walk through the door off go the drab on goes the glam. when I am home I am always dressed as mistybtm and I love entertaining my dates here. :battingeyelashes::battingeyelashes: when I do not have a male friend over it is pc-gaming that occupies most of my time. other than this wonderful web-site.:D

Sharon B.
02-17-2011, 06:02 AM
I have at least a dog to greet me, then I go out to the barn where I have a couple of horses as I like to horseback ride and camp when I am in my male self.
But here lately I would rather be the woman in my dreams than anything else at the present. Now if I could just shake this cold I got I would start going out on the weekends as a woman.
Starting this evening I am going to glue on my silicone breast and go bra-less for a female neighbor to see me.
I am looking forward to this coming spring When I can lie out in the sun in my one piece woman's swimsuit.

KrystalA
02-17-2011, 06:06 AM
I also live alone, although my SO visits nearly every day. She is very accepting and supportive, so I never have to worry about what I'm wearing, and my kids never pop in unannounced. I'm one of the lucky ones who can dress pretty much 24/7 if I so desire, and usually, I so desire.

Michelle.M
02-17-2011, 06:32 AM
Well, I am serially monogamous. I would like to be less serial and more monogamous.

Cynthia Anne
02-17-2011, 06:38 AM
Count me! I live alone! I have to admit that it gets hard sometimes with having just one leg! So if I want to eat I have to cook it! I do it all, cleaning and so on! I'm a country girl and my best and only true friend is my dog! Winter is such a downer when I can't get out because of the ice and snow! Every thing I do takes twice as long as it should but I try to stay happy just being me! My free time goes right here talking to the ones I love!

Gerrijerry
02-17-2011, 06:47 AM
Just because someone is married or has a SO does not mean they are not alone inside.
I think there are many more living alone inside there head because they feel that being a CD, TS ,Gay, Lesbian, makes there life to complicated to share with others. So they hide there special world in a closet.

lauraabdl
02-17-2011, 08:00 AM
Count me in the live alone club.

SO left last sept. and hasen't called since, just left me a pile of bills and told me she couldn't compete with Laura.
Any ways Laura is doing fine, I change into her as soon as I get home and most times she goes out for day trips as often as she can. I still dress in drab from time to time to do odd jobs in vincinity, as only two close friends know about Laura, but they don't care and one actually helps me pick out outfits for day trips and I help her with her makeup. She led a sheltered life and didn't do makeup or a lot of other things, I'm helping her out of her shell.
Sorry for the long post, kinda just got started and needed to talk.:hugs::thumbsup:

Emily Ann Brown
02-17-2011, 08:09 AM
Count me in dear. I am a family of one. Two remain kids live in another state.

Em

KELLYANN
02-17-2011, 09:23 AM
count me in as well! alone about 15 yrs. now. came out to my mother and best friend years ago. best friend passed, and mom has alziemhers. both understood me and had no problem. still, when i get home, i dress all femme. i love it

Madilyn A.
02-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Hi Suzy, I belong to the "group" with lots of family around. Although only my wife and I reside under this roof; my children and grandchildren are all very close by. As much as I enjoy the family atmosphere, I do miss my private time greatly. It would seem that a combination of both our worlds would be ideal. Should you need someone to "talk" with, please feel free to PM me at anytime. I always enjoy your correspondence.....Hugs Maddy

Magickman
02-17-2011, 09:45 AM
I have lived alone for 36 years now, and I don't see much likelihood of a change.

It may be that I am most suited for solo habitation.

Loni
02-17-2011, 10:19 AM
alas i live alone, not even a dog.
would love to have someone here to keep the home front warm.
but not likely to change anytime soon. been this way for decades.
maybe it is for the better as loni has so many things there is no room in the closet for his things. let alone another woman's.

Stephanie Anne
02-17-2011, 10:27 AM
I have accepted being relationship agnostic but I would love to have someone in my life.

I'm sure glad you called me a lifestyle, I would hate for people to think this is anything else but a choice. This knowledge helps so much with all those people who say I am mentally disturbed.

Rianna Humble
02-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Well, I seem to fit into the fourth of your three groups. I never married and my father lives with me.

Although in time I may migrate into your 2nd group, I am certainly not looking for anyone before I complete my transition.

I'm fairly sure you won't be the only person who is very happy.

gretchen2
02-17-2011, 11:15 AM
No dog, no cat, no plants and no woman for the last five months. So far so good, it may be like that for the rest of my life, and I might be ok with it to.

Pythos
02-17-2011, 12:01 PM
I currently live with my mother...but might as well be alone. If I was alone, my GG would be over...A lot. (my mom does not like her, and so she is not welcome. I find this highly amusing considering mom thinks I am gay, and yet will not let me have a girl in my room)

KarenSusan
02-17-2011, 12:43 PM
But I live alone. Every night when I come home there is no one to greet me. I have to cook for myself and do the housework. The only conversation I have is talking to myself [which I do a lot of]
But I get to be Suzy the moment I get in the door.

But I am blissfully happy! Am I the only one?

I feel the same way, Suzy. The only difference is that I have been alone my whole life so I have no family.

Tina P Hose
02-17-2011, 01:49 PM
I live alone, have a couple of cats, it does get a lonley at times, but then I have Tina time, maybe a little too much Tina time...lol

t-girlxsophie
02-17-2011, 01:59 PM
I lived the 3rd life for 5 years and looking back I did feel it was happy.living the single life having house to myself,but It was only when I met my Wife that I knew what real Happiness was,having someone to share my life with

:hugs:Sophie

Kimburly
02-17-2011, 02:06 PM
All by my lonesome and loving it. After a lifetime of SOs, stepchildren, pita couch surfing in-laws, and roommates, the last seven years of privacy have been heavenly.
Especially nice are the work-from-home periods when drab is not too likely. Woohoo!

Donna June
02-17-2011, 02:26 PM
I love living alone. Of course there are benefits or drawbacks either in living by yourself or being with someone. I bet you agree that living alone doesn't have to mean being lonely. Like you I am happy and get to be Donna whenever I want.

carhill2mn
02-17-2011, 02:36 PM
No, you are not the only one!

alyssaenglefield
02-17-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm living alone in my own flat in Dunedin. No SO (yet), no pets - although I do see 22,000 people every day at uni. Remember I'm only 19!

Julogden
02-17-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm in the same boat, but I am definitely dealing with loneliness. I'm trying find up a few new real-life friends from the T-community in hope of improving things a bit.

Carol

Mister Ed
02-17-2011, 03:50 PM
I recently moved to a shared apartment after living alone for 4 years. My rent and bills were getting too high. The space and privacy were great for dressing and life in general. My CD'ing is only occasional anyway and most times no more than lingerie.

Apart from cost, I felt I wasn't getting out socially. I'm not from here and workmates make up the majority of my local friends. So putting myself in a forced social situation of a shared apartment will help me get back outside as it were.

James Kaon
02-17-2011, 04:05 PM
I have lived alone for 3 years (moved for work purposes). I love living alone but when work went nuts for a bit, I guess I did suffer a little from feeling lonely! However, I love my own space, and I discovered a new thing that I maybe would not have if I was with someone... WHO KNOWS?

One thing that made me smile was that you said you are blissfully happy when u come home and Suzy is there! :) I cannot identify but genuinely glad that you feel that! Who knows, maybe one day you will meet someone and your blissful singular becomes plural :P

x
J

RebeccaLynne
02-17-2011, 04:07 PM
I really think I have the best living arrangement given the circumstances.

My GF and I have been a couple for three years and maintain separate residences. Although she'd love to cohabitate, doing so is decidedly problematic. Although we enjoy spending time together, we also need time alone to pursue our own interests. I wouldn't want to cramp her style, nor have her cramp mine.

Consequently, quality time in our relationship is better served by living apart than together.

dawnmarrie1961
02-17-2011, 04:10 PM

Suzy,
I can really empathize with how you feel. I am also in the group of the third.
Sometimes I find myself bursting into tears because I feel so alone sometimes. I will see, smell, feel or hear something that brings up memories of having a wife and a house full of screaming kids and all of a sudden the flood gates just open up.
After I finish my brief emotional breakdown I will pick up the cell phone and call on off my children to talk to. I feel better after that.
Recently I’ve been helping my son setup his yahoo messenger to receive video calls from me. We miss seeing each other. I managed to talk him through the setup over the phone. Unfortunately we are unable to hear the sound during the video call because I’m connecting online via an internet hotspot and the signal is weak. This drives me crazy when I’m trying to post to this website.
My ex-wife and I still consider ourselves “best friends” but I’ve opted not to talk to her that often because she is living with a man right now and I don’t want to cause her any problems. Sometimes if you love someone enough you have to let them go. No matter how much it hurts.
I’ve also been trying to initiate a line of communication with my sister in Virginia. My parents and all my brothers and sisters refuse to communicate with me. I was told that my mother had suffered from a stroke not long after I started my one of my many long bike treks across various states. Everyone believed I caused it by making her worry so much about my safety. She recovered from the stroke. Thank God. But when I came back to Virginia a few months later no one wanted to talk to me except my sister, who allowed me to sleep for one night on the floor in her bedroom. The next morning I woke up early so that I could talk to my mother. We talked, and drank a cup of coffee, outside on the patio. I apologized for making her worry and assured her once again that I am capable of taking care of myself. I urged her to take better care of herself. We hugged and she gave me a kiss on the cheek telling me to “Be careful.” And I hopped on my bike and started for Iowa.
I’ve sent my mother and sister several emails but never received a response and the phone numbers I have are disconnected. I’m understandably worried.
Sorry about this post being so depressing.
One bright side Today is my Son’s 24 birthday. I’m going to take my computer and walk down to the library, which has a better Wi-Fi connection, and make a video call to him.
It’s important to keep what connections you have alive.

sissystephanie
02-17-2011, 05:30 PM
I have lived alone since my dear wife passed away 6 years ago on this coming Sunday. I do have 2 children but they are grown and married! They know I crossdress, but would rather not see me dressed. So they always call me before coming to my house. Good thing since Stephanie is dressed a good deal of the time!! BTW, although my wife and I had both a dog and a cat, they have both passed away also. I am old enough to be the grandfather of many of you, and have been crossdressing longer than many of you have been alive!!

hhdave
02-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Living alone here, but I don't mind. The cats keep me company, I'm a good cook, and nobody gives me grief when my house gets messy. My ex-wife and I stay in touch, and occasionally we'll get together for dinner. Yeah, sometimes it would be nice to have female company when I go to movies, plays, or dine out, but I have good friends I hang out with. Having two walk-in closets to myself in the bedroom is handy too though :-).

suzy1
02-18-2011, 03:53 AM
I am not sure I made it clear in my Thread but I like living alone. I don’t want to find a partner. I don’t even know what loneliness feels like.
But thanks for the sympathy anyway girls.

A happy Suzy.

Kittie
02-18-2011, 04:09 AM
I live alone, not because I want to but because I often feel nobody would be interested in me so I try to never get myself interested in other people in that way. Or something to that effect.

Leasa Wells
02-18-2011, 05:32 AM
I live alone too, most of the time I am happy and ok with it. Other times I wish I could let people into my life and it would be ok with everyone. Almost no one knows of my lisa side a few past girl friends but they are not in my life anymore . Living alone and being on this board has allowed me to feel more at ease with myself. My wordobe is larger and I have sense of who I am.

Each an everyone one of you have touch me I never feel alone anymore knowing you are all right here.

Lisa

Michaela42
02-18-2011, 06:10 AM
I am about to enter the 'live alone' club and honestly, I cannot wait! I enjoy having my family around and all that, but at the same time I miss being able to walk around without a care for how I am dressed.

Jodi
02-18-2011, 04:57 PM
After 33 years of marriage, I began living by myself 8 years ago. I love it. If I feel the need to be around people, I can go out and enjoy friends, but I love my solitude. I am not a needy person, and am capable of doing all that is needed to take good care of myself. I do find that I talk to myself alot, but that is good in that noone ever argues with me or rags on me. Also, I can dress to any extent I want any time.

Jodi

Rianna Humble
02-18-2011, 05:08 PM
I do find that I talk to myself a lot, but that is good in that noone ever argues with me

No one ever argues? WHen I talk to myself, I sometimes disagree so strongly with what I say that I have to put it to a majority vote :heehee:

Maddie22
02-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Suzy, I'm glad that you clarified that you like living alone. It makes a difference if you want to live alone than if you don't. I'd much rather be in your third demographic than the second.

I however am in the second. Not that I'm looking all the time, and its what preoccupies my mind, but I'd love to find someone to share life with that would allow me to be who I want to be. Never have found that.

I live in my own apartment. I like it, but I wouldn't mind a roommate either, especially a girl-friend who would go out with me!!

Chiana
02-19-2011, 12:58 AM
I have been living by myself for several years now. And I am content with my situation. Day in and day out, I think I am probably as happy or happier than many of my married friends. And I can play anytime I want. I am certainly not lonely or lonesome.

eluuzion
02-19-2011, 03:01 AM
hiya suzy,

"Once upon a time...
A man asked a woman to marry him.
She said "no".
and he lived happily ever after.
the END."

I live alone and work alone, but I am never "lonely". For me, one does not necessarily equate to the other, as many seem to think. A few of us could actually survive quite well being isolated on an island. I would not choose to be stranded in that manner, but I am confident I have the right character to do so if required.

An insatiable curiosity keeps me motivated. I am not known as a person that can sit around doing nothing...lol. I have never been "bored" or "lonely" in my life (although I do have friends and family that I miss when space/time comes between us).

I've had many "relationships" over the years and even married a few of them (not at the same time, lol). The typical scenario... I start out financially solid, she starts out almost broke. When they end, I am always broke and she has lots of (my) money, new car and a house. go figure... I am good at a lot of things, but obviously a relationship is not one of them. lol. I seem to be a magnet that attracts partners that end up more interested in what I have than what I am. :heehee:

I divorced when my daughter was 2 years old. So I got a big house with a back yard for her and her friends to party in. Fourteen years later when I bought her a car, that ship understandably sailed. It is just me and my 14 yr old best friend (lab) now... boohoo...poor me...:heehee:

...oh, and a big enclosed sundeck, and a house full of mirrors, and a closet full of dresses and heels, and an art studio where I am making my own breast forms and toys, and an office where I work in 5" heels, and friends who always call before coming over, and an indoor "shooting range" (rec room, lol) where I shoot Gumby & tiny trolls with wild hair colors with my pellet rifle, and blast cd music at 3am without worry. :drink:

One day maybe I will get lucky again, find that elusive “ideal” partner and that meaning overnight relationship I have been searching for...

Yes, it is tough job being “alone”...but somebody’s got to do it...:tongueout

:love:

Anneliese
02-19-2011, 07:08 AM
...I like living alone. I don’t want to find a partner. I don’t even know what loneliness feels like.
But thanks for the sympathy anyway girls.

This is me. I raised a daughter myself, who I love dearly, but now that she's grown up and married, I feel I have earned my living alone status. The only SO I have ever lived with was my ex-wife, and that ended in 1986. Never again. I adore my privacy, my dogs, and my cat. Wouldn't trade it, unless the PERFECT person came along, which is obviously unlikely. Truthfully, after the initial rush wore off, all my relationships have soon devolved into a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I am not meant to be a part of a pair. Too much living to do to have to do things I don't want to do, besides work in order to pay the bills. Cannot.relate.to.those.who.would.work.if.they.didn 't.have.to.

Erica G
02-19-2011, 05:18 PM
I belong to the living alone club and have for quite some time.

Jennifer Soames
02-19-2011, 10:10 PM
I too currently live alone. I do get a bit lonely but it has allowed me to develop as a whole person. I do find I have become more feminine and less CD over the past nearly 3 years. I do have people in my life but intermitently. so I guess in summing up my situation I enjoy the me time but love the together time.

MargaretJ
02-20-2011, 08:14 AM
I live alone to and happy with my life. Sometimes it is lonely, but I have enough interests and friends to keep me happy, and the big advantage is I can do what I want. I don't even feel the need to be en femme as soon as I'm in the front door, and can indulge myself as I please. I often joke with friends that the great thing about not being married is, you don't have someone nagging you all the time to get things done, and the worst thing about not being married is not having someone nagging you to get things done.

susan2010
02-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Another one living alone since July. Booted out of the house my my wife. I only moved a short distance, so I see the children frequently. It can be very lonely some evenings and weekends, but I do have the freedom to dress as I please at home, so that is a big benefit.

LisaTaylor
02-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Count me among the happy third minority. I have only my pets to come home to at the end of the workday, and I'm all the happier for it. I don't want to have to come home from a long day at work and put up with someone else's BS, nagging, etc. I want to do what I want at home, when I want without a lot of grief and hassle. And best of all, I don't have to hide anything (or worry about having "the talk") or explain myself. It's so much better this way.

Sandy Banks
02-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Five years alone(except for my dog who looks at me strangely when I dress)...........hate leftovers(tough to cook for one)......it would be nice to have someone to stop over and dress-up with/share a meal..............................................

Alice Torn
02-20-2011, 12:12 PM
I have never been married, am 56, but for decades tried to find a mate. Heartache usually followed. In awful lonliness, I often "rescued" homeless women, and men, put them up in my apartment, when i was well off enough to have one! Got in trouble for putting them up. Today, i am so happy to have my own apartment, alone, with two cats! Iam too tired to dress more than one or two times a week, but, it is so nice to have my own space. I just hope and pray, i will be able to keep the apartment for some time! I had to move 2000 miles to help my very difficult father, but could not take staying with him, and am so glad to have a place alone. I don't care that much, if i ever find a SO, or not. Dating would be nice once in a while though. But, it does not matter anymore.

Jolene
02-20-2011, 01:57 PM
I live alone here as well and am quite ok with it.
You get to know yourself quite well and do not need to keep someone else happy. I enjoy coming here for all the good company from everyone here. :)

Billie Jean
02-22-2011, 07:01 PM
I live alone and dress when I feel like it which has been a lot here lately. Sometimes I wish I had a SO but others I'm glad I don't. I just recently started going out dressed and I like that too. I can dress at home and get everything just right before I leave. The last time I spent several hours giving myself a pedicure and primping. I don't think that would have been possible if I had someone there. My ex had said she would go out with me dressed but we never got around to it. Billie Jean

StarrOfDelite
03-05-2011, 11:25 AM
I live alone in two places plus. I have an apt in manhattan, and a small house in the allegheny foothills in western PA, and also travel a lot for work. i don't miss having another person around too much of the time. been married/divorced 3x and am still friendly with the 2nd and 3rd exes, and see my kids occasionally. that's enough. there are lots of good things about my lifestyle, but the nature of it makes it impossible for me to take proper care of a dog, and i really miss the companionship of man's best friend.

andreah
03-05-2011, 11:49 AM
I've been living alone since me and my wife separated in 1990, I just love it, I get to dress when I want and wear what I want for how long that I want to . I come home from work strip down take a shower and dress up, and relax on my couch. On the weekends I dress all day and do some shopping , looking at some heels and trying them on . I am dressed in drab but leave my socks off when I try on the heels. I used to wear my wifes heels but they were a bit too small , she would get me to wear them for her so that they would fit her feet, I loved that part. Now I buy my own heels , pantyhose panties and skirts. Love dressing up every day and going out for a short drives.

JamieTG
03-05-2011, 02:40 PM
I have lived alone for many years and prefer it that way. Because of anxiety issues I need to keep things simple with lots of quiet time. Although I have a SO, I don't know if I can ever live with somebody full time.

Melinda G
03-06-2011, 12:45 AM
I live alone, and I like it that way. I dress when I want, do what I want, when I want, if I want. I spend my money on whatever I want. No one tells me what to do, or what I can't do.
I've been in the singles scene for thirty years, and I've seen many people, including friends, get married and divorced several times. I have married friends who can't buy what they want, even if they have the money. The wife won't let them. I have a married friend who hasn't had sex in 15 years. Why he stays with that woman is a mystery to me.
I was married for 17 years. But after being single for 30 years, I don't think I'm marriage material anymore. :heehee:

Kittie
03-06-2011, 01:26 AM
I live alone, and I like it that way. I dress when I want, do what I want, when I want, if I want. I spend my money on whatever I want. No one tells me what to do, or what I can't do.
I've been in the singles scene for thirty years, and I've seen many people, including friends, get married and divorced several times. I have married friends who can't buy what they want, even if they have the money. The wife won't let them. I have a married friend who hasn't had sex in 15 years. Why he stays with that woman is a mystery to me.
I was married for 17 years. But after being single for 30 years, I don't think I'm marriage material anymore. :heehee:

Obviously it's because he loves her and a relationship is about more than sex. It's great you feel happy on your own, but some people need to feel wanted and need an anchor on this rock! Money I'd love to spend on someone I love just to make them happy, you seem to have a pretty cold view of relationships! xOx

JaytoJillian
03-06-2011, 02:16 AM
Hi Suzy, I worked an out-of-state contract for the better part of the year, and lived the life you describe--to the fullest! as soon as I would hit the door, the coat and tie came off and the dress, makeup and hair came on. I even hit the town en femme whenever I liked. Yes, I think living alone is quite grand for a CDer.

JaytoJillian
03-06-2011, 02:24 AM
hiya suzy,

"Once upon a time...
A man asked a woman to marry him.
She said "no".
and he lived happily ever after.
the END."

I live alone and work alone, but I am never "lonely". For me, one does not necessarily equate to the other, as many seem to think. A few of us could actually survive quite well being isolated on an island. I would not choose to be stranded in that manner, but I am confident I have the right character to do so if required.

An insatiable curiosity keeps me motivated. I am not known as a person that can sit around doing nothing...lol. I have never been "bored" or "lonely" in my life (although I do have friends and family that I miss when space/time comes between us).

I've had many "relationships" over the years and even married a few of them (not at the same time, lol). The typical scenario... I start out financially solid, she starts out almost broke. When they end, I am always broke and she has lots of (my) money, new car and a house. go figure... I am good at a lot of things, but obviously a relationship is not one of them. lol. I seem to be a magnet that attracts partners that end up more interested in what I have than what I am. :heehee:

I divorced when my daughter was 2 years old. So I got a big house with a back yard for her and her friends to party in. Fourteen years later when I bought her a car, that ship understandably sailed. It is just me and my 14 yr old best friend (lab) now... boohoo...poor me...:heehee:

...oh, and a big enclosed sundeck, and a house full of mirrors, and a closet full of dresses and heels, and an art studio where I am making my own breast forms and toys, and an office where I work in 5" heels, and friends who always call before coming over, and an indoor "shooting range" (rec room, lol) where I shoot Gumby & tiny trolls with wild hair colors with my pellet rifle, and blast cd music at 3am without worry. :drink:

One day maybe I will get lucky again, find that elusive “ideal” partner and that meaning overnight relationship I have been searching for...

Yes, it is tough job being “alone”...but somebody’s got to do it...:tongueout

:love:

hey there, do you need a personal assistant???

ashlylynn
03-06-2011, 04:14 AM
Most women would be that happy too ...

.... if only they looked like Raquel Welch, as you do. lol

DianeFL73
03-06-2011, 04:43 AM
It is a bitch being alone sometimes, but the ability to be Diane whenever I feel like it, is the bomb! Spend most of my freetime as a girl at the beach! You should see my swim suit!