PDA

View Full Version : Daddy...You´re Supposed to Wear Your Shoes

Christy_M
02-17-2011, 05:54 PM
As I have previously posted, my wife is away on business and I am a solo parent until tomorrow night. Little one to bed by 8:30 PM then Christy time until morning.

The second night I got a little ahead of myself by putting on my brown slouch boots with my drab brown slacks while I set up for christy time.

Apparently, my daughter had a last, last question before she fell asleep.

When she walked in my room her first question while smirking was "why are you wearing boots?" I told her in case I needed to go outside. "Now go get in bed."

On her way back to bed she says "Daddy, you´re supposed to wear your shoes." I said "These are my shoes."

She is 4 so I am curious how thus will play itself out. Will she absorb it? Will she tell her mother? Does she really know the difference between girl shoes and boy shoes? they only had a 2 1/2 inch heel...I guess time will tell...

sissystephanie
02-17-2011, 05:59 PM
My guess is that she does know the difference between girl and boy shoes! But as you said, time will tell. Be sure and let us know what happens!!

Cynthia Anne
02-17-2011, 06:07 PM
The eyes of a four year old don't miss much! Perhaps she wont remember, but I wouldn't count on that either!

t-girlxsophie
02-17-2011, 07:33 PM
My question Christy is,if she does tell on you,will the brown stuff hit the swirly thing if your wife finds out?

:hugs:Sophie

kristinacd55
02-17-2011, 07:36 PM
Ha ha Christy, her smirk tells all! :)

MonicaTC
02-17-2011, 07:42 PM
My son saw my wig and asked what it was. Quickly said it was a halloween thing that got left out. He's 6 and is noticing plenty. May have to discuss soon :)

juliecdfl
02-17-2011, 09:31 PM
This thread makes me think that I have to start preparing when my little one is old enough to ask questions. Right now I am only worried that she will dig into my closet and pull something out when company is over. It is hard to keep track of them once they are on the move!

eluuzion
02-18-2011, 04:54 AM
hiya C,

Aren't kids great? It is always exhilarating to observe the human mind before society has the opportunity to repress and censor it.:brolleyes:

When I divorced, I became the only responsible parent in a shared-custody agreement with my ex, who had no interest in children other than a child support check. I became a "single Dad" when my daughter was barely two years old, with physical custody every Fri-Mon of every week, plus most holidays and other times. That was about 16 years ago. She has taught me much more than I will probably ever teach her about life, lol.

I can tell you for sure that whatever she observes during the time spent with "dad", she will always share with her mom. In my case, whatever she observes during the time spent with "mom", will never be shared with "dad" (without suffering consequences from mom). I accept those unwritten terms, as well as making many concessions to compensate for the irresponsible selfish behavior of my ex, to protect the emotional stability of my daughter. Sometimes it is frustrating and annoying, but worth the effort in terms of the emotional stability it has afforded my daughter. :thumbsup:

Our parents always warned us that someday they would “get even” with us for all of those years we took off their lives with the worry caused by the shenanigans we engaged in as kids. They were right...they are called grandchildren, eh? :heehee:

Hey enjoy it now. Before you know it, you will be promoted to the family CFO when you buy them a car. Your job description will be to finance the lives of children who never come to see you anymore. :sad:

:love:

JulieC
02-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Does she really know the difference between girl shoes and boy shoes? they only had a 2 1/2 inch heel...I guess time will tell...

Oh heck yes! Don't kid yourself. Even babies are capable of differentiating gender based on clothes. She knows exactly what kind of boots they are. The only boot men wear that have heels are cowboy boots, so unless they were cowgirl boots posting as cowboy boots, you got away with nothing.

On the plus side, a 4 year old just doesn't care that much usually.

april_lynn
02-18-2011, 05:29 PM
That's so funny. The other day my three year old son came down from his nap and caught me in the bathroom with panties on as I had underdressed that day. He said, "those are mommies not yours daddy". My wife and I were both surprised by him noticing and weren't sure what to say. (she doesn't want the kids to know, at least not yet, and only found out a couple of weeks ago herself) I just told him that daddy has underwear like that too sometimes. He seemed ok with that. Not sure how he would react to seeing me all made up though, but kids probably care less than we do.

April

Koka
02-18-2011, 06:12 PM
We as human beings are responsible to teach our children to be free of guilt, shame and any feelings of inadequacy. By exposing our children to our true self in a conscious and responsible manner, we are teaching them to be self actualized people. All we have is the true and the true is love. Be open to your children as soon as you can so they can be open with you as soon as they can. Love and compassion are important tools we need to take advantage of in order to share our intimacy with our beloved children.

vetobob9
02-18-2011, 07:48 PM
This thread makes me think that I have to start preparing when my little one is old enough to ask questions. Right now I am only worried that she will dig into my closet and pull something out when company is over. It is hard to keep track of them once they are on the move!

back in 2001, when I was moving, my neice who was about 4 or 5 at the time, found a bra in my room and took it to her mom because they were the only two females who lived in the house. Problem was it smaller than what she wore.
I avoided a converstation on it at the time but the way my sister told me about, it was not as judgmental as my brother and other sister were.
But when I visited them recently, my neice didn't remember anything about it.She was then in her early teens. She and her friend wondered why men would want to wear dresses. LOL

But at an early age, if they find it, they will pull it out and show it to people because they don't understand and are just curious.