PDA

View Full Version : They know you underdress!

Stephanie Miller
02-17-2011, 10:36 PM
So maybe it's not really to the point of the TSA yet, but watch out for anyone with a camcorder. Bet you didn't know it's possible to see through certain clothes with a simple camcorder (with night vision technology) and exposed film. So the next time you're part of a company get together and someone has a camcorder -smile big. :D
Lots of youtube clips on it. Probably nothing to really worry about, but it gets one thinking.

aggi123
02-17-2011, 10:42 PM
lol nice! maybe i'll just carry a camcorder around =P

Charise52
02-17-2011, 10:47 PM
It gets more interesting what technology can do... yet I do not care any more... hey if they can pick out my camis and panties let them... LOL

Cynthia Anne
02-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Cute! It's called no where to hide! You see mine can I see yours!!

Evie08
02-17-2011, 11:39 PM
Watch out for black lights (ultra violet). Amazing how it penetrates fabric.

Sally24
02-18-2011, 08:24 AM
Flash pictures can reveal more than you want too!

Gillian Gigs
02-18-2011, 09:54 AM
I always wear 2 layers over a bra. I wonder if 2 layers makes a difference. I have let the lacy of a cami show by mistake a couple of times and my SO has pointed it out. Black lights show a lot then wearing light colored fabrics. White can be a killer.

Babette
02-18-2011, 09:08 PM
....Bet you didn't know it's possible to see through certain clothes with a simple camcorder (with night vision technology) and exposed film. So the next time you're part of a company get together and someone has a camcorder -smile big. :D

Well good!:Angry3:Wouldn't that just grate your cheese!! First somebody invades your privacy by doing a stunt like this. Then what do you suppose they intend to do with a recording of your underwear? Surely they wouldn't show all of their friends for a real laugh at your expense. My gosh, a revelation like this might get you labeled as a pervert. Pardon me, but isn't this a form of voyeurism? I believe voyeurism is considered a serious sex crime in many areas. In some US states, people convicted of voyeurism can become registered sex offenders. Now whom do you suppose is the real pervert?

Babette

vetobob9
02-18-2011, 09:13 PM
I do public photography as a hobby where I take photos of random people in public places. I have not seen this effect with the camcorder I use because it has a zoom that allows you to capture spur of the moment events without being involved in the scene.

I always thought you needed a special lense for the stuff you are talking about or that it depended on the type of material the clothes are made out of.

VanessaVW
02-18-2011, 09:15 PM
In an old post, I had said that i was under-dressed on a recent flight. Funny part was they had a female TSA agent wait with me until I was "cleared" to move on. I was really more concerned with the radiation I received than being outed. My SO certainly knew! Guess next time, I'll be looking for clandestine camcorders.

vetobob9
02-18-2011, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=Stephanie Miller;2413506]....Bet you didn't know it's possible to see through certain clothes with a simple camcorder (with night vision technology) and exposed film. So the next time you're part of a company get together and someone has a camcorder -smile big. :D
QUOTE]

Well good!:Angry3:Wouldn't that just grate your cheese!! First somebody invades your privacy by doing a stunt like this. Then what do you suppose they intend to do with a recording of your underwear? Surely they wouldn't show all of their friends for a real laugh at your expense. My gosh, a revelation like this might get you labeled as a pervert. Pardon me, but isn't this a form of voyeurism? I believe voyeurism is considered a serious sex crime in many areas. In some US states, people convicted of voyeurism can become registered sex offenders. Now whom do you suppose is the real pervert?

Babette

Not necessarily. The law is you cannot photograph people in a manner the purpose of which is sexual gratification. For example: under skirts or focusing on cleavage is a no no. But general photos of people in public setting is ok. You have to prove they were deliberately photographing under the clothes for sexual pleasure. There are a couple things to this.

You can tell who is being devious by the way they move about and hold their camera and what they pointing it at. For example a guy was caught photographing teen girls derears when they were doing their cheerleading at a basketball game. People found out because it showed up on his lcd.
Also they will have cameras in wierd places, like their shoes (for photographing up womens skirts/dresses) or in their hats pointed down (you can guess what that's for).

Having said that, when you are in a public place or even a public gathering, you have to be careful about the appearence you present because you never know who is walking around with a camera. In the US, photography in public places is actually protected by the first amendment. If a person is concerned about their undies being caught on film there are precautions they can take. Such as avoiding wearing thin clothing.

I would include wearing white but the newer cameras don't see through white anymore unless it is a relatively thin material. Hence I wear I coat. I would not be comfortable being photographed while wearing women's under garments but I also know that people have a right to photograph anything they can see from public property. That is, you can photograph what you can see with the naked eye. For example: Jack in the box bans photography in their restaurants but you can stand outside on the public sidewalk, point your camera at the window and photograph whatever you can see through the window from the public sidewalk.

Now with the older cameras, the capturing of undergarments is usually incidental. Some photographers will think it ruins the shot, some won't care, and others will be deliberately seeking just that.

The problem comes when you just assume that everyone with a camera just wants to see under your clothes. The majority don't.

You cannot photograph under skirts or down blouses, or through clothes deliberately because you usually can't see those things with the naked eye.

A rule of thumb is would you be comfortable with other people seeing you dressed the way you are.

vetobob9
02-18-2011, 09:35 PM
That reminds me of an incident I had at TJ Maxx. I was buying some women's clothing, including undergarments. When I got to the front of the line, they shut down everything and the guys left. All the people in line had to wait about 20 minutes while they got a young woman to ring me up.

That was rather embarrassing.

busker
02-19-2011, 12:04 AM
So maybe it's not really to the point of the TSA yet, but watch out for anyone with a camcorder. Bet you didn't know it's possible to see through certain clothes with a simple camcorder (with night vision technology) and exposed film. So the next time you're part of a company get together and someone has a camcorder -smile big. :D
Lots of youtube clips on it. Probably nothing to really worry about, but it gets one thinking.

It is time for us to start wearing Aluminum underwear.

Megan Thomas
02-19-2011, 09:00 AM

You mean you're not already? ;)

Melinda Lou
02-21-2011, 05:04 PM

It's hard enough finding decent shoes to match my tinfoil hat.

linda allen
02-22-2011, 08:35 AM

Babette

The person might not be trying to photograph your underwear, it might happen and they notice it when they view the film.

You have to realize that for the past few years, and more and more, your everyday activities are being recorded on video. Pump gas, cash a check, even walk through a park or down a public street. And yes, there are people who take photos or videos of strangers for whatever reason. Look at the thousands on youtube.com.

You need to keep this in mind when you do something that others might find amusing or offensive.

Karren H
02-22-2011, 09:32 AM
That reminds me of an incident I had at TJ Maxx. I was buying some women's clothing, including undergarments. When I got to the front of the line, they shut down everything and the guys left. All the people in line had to wait about 20 minutes while they got a young woman to ring me up.

That was rather embarrassing.

You got to be kidding? They wouldn't ring you up because you were buying women's clothing??? They should be fired. The manager reported to the corporate office. I'd be on the phone to TJ Maxx in a heartbeat letting them know that their employees don't want to make sales!!! Unbelievable!!

Christie ann
02-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Don't you know?

"They" know everything.

cdsteph
02-23-2011, 04:25 AM
I wouldn't get too worried.... I have a sony nightshot with this feature... in normal daylight mode, I can slide the infrared switch to a half way position where both the normal and night infrared function at the same time. Infrared sees heat, normal mode sees light.
If there is strong light, ie: sunlight behind your subject when you shoot, it is possible to see an image of underwear from under clothing. (the underwear is actually blocking heat from being read.)
The image quality is poor and really not worth the trouble except to see if this actually works....which it does.

Gerrijerry
02-23-2011, 05:39 AM
Ok being in the photo business I can say yes with the correct light and certain camera's you can see the outline of lingerie. Yes I am sure there are some who think this is a great thing. Personally unless you are trying to sell lingerie or sex 99% would not want that effect. So how do you stop that 1% from seeing you. You don't because every woman out there has the same problem. If you are afraid of being caught then don't put your self in that position. Other wise what is the difference if some stranger sees the outline of your lingerie. I do believe that is one of the reasons why they make lingerie so pretty. Just incase it is seen.

JustAlex
02-24-2011, 10:37 AM
What cdsteph mentions as heat is actually infrared. Digital cameras are (a lot) more sensible to infrared. And if you use a source of infrared light, you can get a better contrast. The videos were specially planned to produce that effect using fabrics that reflects a lot of infrared under fabrics that let infrared go through. Like a thin cotton shirt and a all Lycra bra. It's not something that works all the time.

Male dress shirts, even the 100% cotton ones, are usually thicker than female style t-shirts. Pant fabrics are a lot thicker than shirt fabrics. If you wear a top of any kind not sticking to your skin or underwear, it's a lot harder to get infrared reflected. There's a thick air interface in the middle and an uneven surface in the outer layer.
It doesn't mean it can't be done. I'm just saying that it's not a "see-through-clothes" technology that you can take with you to the streets and scan everyone.

Billie Jean
02-24-2011, 07:34 PM
You got to be kidding? They wouldn't ring you up because you were buying women's clothing??? They should be fired. The manager reported to the corporate office. I'd be on the phone to TJ Maxx in a heartbeat letting them know that their employees don't want to make sales!!! Unbelievable!!I was at Roses' deptment store today looking at dresses and shoes:o. A sales lady asked if she could help me with something and I said I was just looking. She asked if I was getting a gift for someone and I was in drab. I told her that whatever I got her she would just say it was for me,:heehee: what I didn't tell her was that everything I buy for Billie Jean she lets me wear it:D. Billie jean

christinac
02-24-2011, 07:47 PM

Oh well! They'll just have to enjoy the show and if they don't like what they see then don't be recording me. I would love to come up with a T shirt that says "Stare at your own tits" but it would only show up when scanned by one of those annoying scanners.

Patrice_CD
02-24-2011, 09:58 PM
Interesting thread. I'll have to remember this.

Kristina
02-27-2011, 02:50 AM
well, this could propose an issue XD ill keep this in mind

Charise52
02-27-2011, 05:34 AM
Personally, I don't care... I wear women's jeans and tops all the time anyway, and if some one figures out that I wear camis and panties underneath, I say so what? I am happy with what I do...