PDA

View Full Version : Who's been in my purse?

Jane G
02-18-2011, 12:47 PM
I came home the other evening, from a long boring day at work. The house was quite, as my wife was working a late shift. Any way, as I'm binning the drab work clobber, for something a little more comfy, I noticed my turquoise purse was in the middle of the bed. Instantly all the wrong ideas jumped into my head. Had we had unwanted visitors. Had my son been searching for something and realized this was mine not his mums. After a few quick checks I could find nothing else untoward, so I put it to the back of my mind and continued, with a very normal evening. Next day, without any prompting from me, my wife trumps up, by the way I ran out of foundation yesterday, so I borrowed some of Jane’s, I hope that's ok. Well it certainly was just fine.:)

Niya W
02-18-2011, 12:59 PM
ok so mini heart attack averted. At least your wife is cool with it :). I know one couple when it comes to wigs whats hers is hers and whats his is hers. try looking for your favorite wig only to find it on your wifes head :)

WandaRae2009
02-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Those of you with accepting spouses are so lucky. My wife was looking for an article of clothing once. I picked a vibe she was asking if I has something to meet her needs. She has been so disapproving that I didn't dare to offer something, since something I had may have worked for her. Maybe it was I was just hoping the acceptance needle was making a small move to the positive.

Stockingstopgirl
02-18-2011, 01:03 PM
I would have had a heart attack as my wife doesn't wear much make up

RachelOKC
02-18-2011, 01:10 PM
When my wife was preggers I loaned her some of my tops and nighties which actually fit her quite well. She was grateful for a bigger wardrobe without having to buy a ton of maternity wear. Unfortunately one of the shirts wound up stretched beyond all recovery, but I hadn't worn it much anyway.

As far as purses go, my 2 year old knows which one is daddy's and which one is mommy's. Doesn't stop him from going through either one. I'm sure in just a few years it'll be to borrow a 20 or the car keys. :\

sissystephanie
02-18-2011, 04:59 PM
When a wife borrows feminine thing from a CD husband, I would definetly consider it being accepting. Of course, my late wife knew I was a CD before we married so there was never any problem!

Rachel, I hope it is quite a few years before he asks for a 20 or the keys!! At age 2 he does have a way to go!! Good Luck!!

Cassandra Lynn
02-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Any way, as I'm binning the drab work clobber, for something a little more comfy

Translation please?

I too read the middle part of your post with held breath thinking you were caught. Thanx for a nice little story of acceptance, and Bless your wife.

Cassie

Cynthia Anne
02-18-2011, 07:30 PM
OH! That's so scary! But what a sweet ending!

JohnH
02-18-2011, 07:38 PM
My wife borrows my makeup and nail polish.

Johanna

Alberta_Pat
02-18-2011, 07:51 PM
, as I'm binning the drab work clobber, for something a little more comfy,

Translation for Cassie:

"Binning" = tossing in the trash, or in this case, taking off.
"drab work clobber" = work uniform, clothing etc.
rest is self explanatory. ;)

I get to translate Brit into American occaisionally. Thanks for letting me practise for you.

Angie G
02-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Well she had you going for a bit didn't she.:hugs:
Angie

Jane G
02-19-2011, 06:17 AM
:)Alberta, thanks for translating. LoL! I have trouble with Scouse to Cornish, let alone American.

SherriePall
02-19-2011, 11:22 AM
At least your wife was cool with it. My wife is unaccepting although she knows, etc., but has never seen me. If she finds I left anything out, she scolds me for doing so. Like someone is going to see it and know it's mine. I'm not talking wigs or larger sized shoes. Sometimes it's lipstick or something like that which could very well be her's.

Diana L
02-19-2011, 11:49 AM
My wife is always using my eyeshadow. Almost everytime I need it I have to search for it in her make up box.

Diana

Cassandra Lynn
02-19-2011, 05:09 PM
Translation for Cassie:

"Binning" = tossing in the trash, or in this case, taking off.
"drab work clobber" = work uniform, clothing etc.
rest is self explanatory. ;)

I get to translate Brit into American occaisionally. Thanks for letting me practise for you.

Thanx Pat, i do love reading posts from my UK sisters, and all the fun descriptive language used , but it is nice to have the real translation. In this case i was pretty close.

Cassie

Jorja
02-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Translation please?

I too read the middle part of your post with held breath thinking you were caught. Thanx for a nice little story of acceptance, and Bless your wife.

Cassie

I must be getting smarter in my old age cause I actually understood that. :)