PDA

View Full Version : Dating Site Observations

vikki2020
02-18-2011, 05:09 PM
Just wondering about your experiences on dating sites, if you have given that a look. I have been logging on to a few different sites, all in the name of science, lol! I wanted to find out how I would be received, with different messages, and on different kinds of sites. These are all "main stream" kind of sites, and on two of them, I say in my profile that I am a transgendered girl, and on one I don't. I'm listed as a woman. My nickname on that one is kind of a hint though. All include some pictures. I get a lot more messages on the one I represent as a woman, but still get a good response on the others. Almost all messages are positive, and any negative comments are almost zero. I think that's pretty encouraging! On the site I'm listed as a woman, after the first message or so, I always tell the guy that I'm transgendered, and ask for their thoughts on that. Again, the responses are very good! Most are a little surprised, but want to keep up the dialog, and tell me that they are surprised by their reaction. Some "had a feeling" and some give me a polite no thank you, and wish me luck. Out of thousands of reply's, I've honestly only had a handful of "your sick", or "get of this site" reactions. Probably only two or three. My point being that it seems that we are accepted for who we are, in the most part, and most people have a live and let live attitude. So, anyone else have any dating site stories to share? How were you treated, and how was the experience? In a way, it kind of gives me an inroad to what people think, when they see me when I'm out. Still wish I could read their minds, when you get that "glance",lol!

IMkrystal
02-18-2011, 06:23 PM
My experience from being on various dating sites has been, most women respond either with "Good Luck in Your Search!" or "I Admire Your Courage." Being a man, looking at your avatar picture, the short skirt, nice legs and body are an eye catcher, at least that what goes thru my mind because I am more visual as a man and more personable as a woman.

Jay Cee
02-18-2011, 06:50 PM
If you are referring to just the CD / TG angle as far as online dating sites are concerned, then I have no experience. If you are referring to online dating sites in general... oh, the stories I could tell... :D It ended up working out, though. My gf and I met through one of the more reputable sites available in Canada.

Generally, I find the sites that are free aren't worth the time - people tend to not take them too seriously.

BRANDYJ
02-18-2011, 07:52 PM
I have been on several dating sites for the past 6-7 years since my divorce. I met my SO on a site for those into D/s or related other alternate life styles. We have been together ever since. Well that is we are still committed to each to each other even though she has to live in Michigan to raise 3 granddaughters for now.
I think the free ones are every bit as good as the pay sites. I have even seen the very same faces on both pay and free. I am still on one free site but my profile is clearly marked saying I am in a committed relationship ad I am there only for friends and the forums. And I have made some very good friends at that site and another free site.
On the lifestyle site I met my current SO, I did have pictures of me in both male and female mode. I was 100% open and honest about who and what I was. Of course I listed other interests besides the crossdressing. Well it worked for me there, but I would not suggest putting your CD interest or pictures on general dating sites free or otherwise. I'm sure all you will get are the horny men looking for a fling on the wild side. If you are looking for a sincere long term partner, leave that part of yourself for after the first meeting and a few dates. My guess is that you will fail to attract a woman by exposing your interest in crossdressing. As proven time and time again, that once a woman gets to know you, is attracted to you and feels safe and secure with the new budding relationship, then she is more apt to accept that you are a crossdresser. Of course on the site I met my SO, most there that are into any type of alternate lifestyle are generally much more accepting and understanding then the vanilla sites.
I have made friends with several women through the 2 free dating sites and got to meet some of them at parties or by communicating with them privately or through one of the many forums. Some like me were not looking for dates or a partner, just there for the forums and for friends they made. I have told about 8 different women that I was a crossdresser and in each case, I have been totally accepted by them as a friend. In some cases our friendship became even closer as they confided personal things with me.
I have zero interest in attracting any attention form men and I do not cheat on my SO. But I enjoy my many friendships with the GG's I've met and became friends with.
Since becoming more active here, I do not spend much time at the one free site I'm still on, but do go by to say hello to some long standing friends and occasionally post in the forums...Which BTW, is the very best way to meet anyone on any site that has forums. Very few just wade through the many profiles and write expressing an interest. But if they see something you wrote on any given topic that interest them, they will write. Like this site, you are only going to get out of it, what you put into it.
But like others have said, if you want a quick hook up with men or even loose women, then Craig's List is fine. Be careful! But you are not going to find the love of your life there.

docrobbysherry
02-18-2011, 08:31 PM
Vikki, u DON'T MENTION what your sexual proclivity is! Males or females?

If it's CDs and males, u should check out: dateacrossdresser.com

If it's females, you'll most likely be wasting your time! Lol!

vikki2020
02-18-2011, 08:35 PM
OK, actually, these are all free sites, and I was listed as a woman, seeking a man. The thing I was most interested in was the reaction of others on main stream dating sites of a transgendered girl, representing as a woman, and the reaction of those that answered. The plus side is that I did indeed meet a lot of interesting people, and still do! Some have progressed past the chatting stage, lol! But, the question is how well were you received by others, on a "straight" site?

Being Paige
02-18-2011, 08:55 PM
there are free sites? Really?