PDA

View Full Version : Well divorced but doing ok

wendy68
02-18-2011, 10:28 PM
I havent been on here in awhile but i felt the need to re-connect since the turmoil of months past. went thru hell with the ex but months later we are cordial to each other now and i can see my son pretty much when i like. I wanted to say thank you to everyone that gave me feed back through my nightmare over the last few years. Currently i live alone in the house--she didnt want it -and after four months of unemployment , i am re-employed again making just about enough to cover living expenses-no frills. At first i was afraid to live alone but now i am actually enjoying it. i have a few small problems to get control of but very manageable. --Thanks again to evryone i have talked to in the past ==every bit helped--Hugs Wendy:)

sissystephanie
02-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Wendy, sorry to hear about your divorce, but glad you are at least on cordial relations. I am also very glad you are once again employed. I have in the past been unemployed for short periods, and it is definitely no fun. I too live alone and have for the past 6 years. But my living alone is not from divorce, but because cancer took my dear wife, who knew I was a CD when we married. We had been married just short of 50 years, and yes I still miss her!!!

I hope everything goes well with you in the future!!

dawnmarrie1961
02-18-2011, 10:48 PM
Wendy,
I'm glad you survived the roller coaster ride that you apparently went through the last few years. It can be hard to carry on after such a loss but you've been able to muster up the courage to see it through. Keep those lines of communication open with your ex but allow her to carry on also. It might hurt. But if you really love some one sometimes you have to let them go. I know. I've been there.

Cynthia Anne
02-18-2011, 11:01 PM
Girl, you are a survivor! I can tell by your attitude that you are going to do just fine! Living alone isn't always easy but has many rewards! I have been by myself for many years and don't plan to change it! I hope the best for you in all respects! Please come back and talk to us more often!

PretzelGirl
02-19-2011, 10:35 AM
I am so sorry you have to go through this Wendy. It is something I wish no one would have to go through and yet a lot do. But it sounds like your situation is stable which is very good. I hope things continue to get better for you; it usually does whether you feel it can now or not.

Glad to have you back! :hugs:

wendy68
02-20-2011, 05:25 PM
Thanks for all the great responses girls! Knowing that that you all know what ive been going thru from your own expirences helps me to know that im definitely not alone. I would of never believed that my life would of turned like this but i have to believe that things happen for a reason. I plan to take thongs slow at this time untill i fully understand where my life is going. I still ttend mt TG support group once a month and otherwise just work during the week and see my son on the weekends and a few hours during the week. Even though im tired most of the time from a lengthy job commute and unhappy about less time to see my son--overall im a happier person than ive been in years--a big difference is that im not coming home to words of hate towards me and instead i have a movie from the local video shop and the usual house work---Wendy

carhill2mn
02-21-2011, 09:50 PM
It is good that you are now employed again. I, too, have been living alone since my divorce and I am enjoying the freedom immensly!