PDA

View Full Version : Watching paint dry.

gretchen2
02-18-2011, 10:31 PM
One of the hardest things for me about transition so far is patience. Everything seems to take so damn long, sometimes it feels like I am ten years old and waiting for Christmas when it’s the beginning of January. The agonizing tick of the clock out weighs the losses from transition, for example; friends who could not handle your new boobs and who are now gone, male privilege which I always thought was bullshit anyways, the fact that some people do not want to employ me anymore, neighbors who no longer want to chat. It is a really slow process, which I know is a good thing. I need to start at the bottom so I can learn as I work my way to the top. The other day the battery in my living room clock was dying, for a couple of days time was really dragging until I figured it out. I replaced the battery, my patience is still the same. It seems to me that patience would be hard for most of us TS, but maybe I am wrong, we are all different. What is or was the hardest part of transition for you?

Sharon
02-18-2011, 11:00 PM
For me the hardest part of my transition was the anticipation of it. Truthfully, the effects of the transition, having once taken the plunge, were so minor that I was kicking myself for living in fear of it for so long. Not everything has always been peachy, and there have been the rare obstacles tossed my way, but these were merely different and less emotionally substantial obstacles that I would have had to confront if I never made the step to live my life.

I learned that it can be a good thing to get my back up when something gets in the way. As long as I maintain my sense of who I am and my dignity, I can always prevail though not necessarily in the manner I originally intended. Sticktoitiveness is a "word" I try to live by.

Jorja
02-19-2011, 12:32 AM
All good things come to "she" who waits! :)

I think for me the hardest part was patience. I wanted it all to happen now. Yes it does seem to take too damn long. As for the rest of it, you just have to stick to your dream and keep yourself busy. I finished college and started planning a business while waiting for the process of transition to take place. As for friends leaving, just replace them with new ones. I even replaced the neighbors a time or two. It does get better with time. Tic tock!

Inna
02-19-2011, 01:08 AM
Gretchen, you said it! Patience is the virtue, wise man said once real fast! We know others should exercise it but when it is us who await, oh girl, time feels like ice-cream trucks melody teasing your taste buds but never arriving. I too have fallen victim and for past 3 years glimpse at the mirror at least 3 times..........and that's in an hour. Lately the losses are considerable but fortunately few loved ones still remain and those shall be here for a long run. I am sure that for most mainstream thinkers such transition is quite heard to handle and they distance them selves from you. But I am sure new, open minded and open hearted folks will come and then life will have meaning again. Sometimes I think to my self that picking up and moving on to a different location could be the answer but then I am not sure if it isn't just "grass greener on the other side" feeling. Nevertheless, I sympathize with your struggle and know exactly what you feel. Love, Alexia.

Aprilrain
02-19-2011, 01:25 PM
I hear ya girl! Painfully slllooowww process.

Rianna Humble
02-19-2011, 02:04 PM
I agree that the hardest part for me has been patience. I didn't expect everything to happen all at once, but I will be 49 weeks into my RLE before I even get assessed by the Gender Clinic to see what my support needs are during transition. Chances are that I will then have a very long wait to access that support. Quite probably I will only be assessed for hormones on my 2nd or 3rd visit, so for me snails pace would be a luxury. :heehee:

EmilyMI
02-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Trust me girl I hear you! It is incredibly frustrating, especially when the results you were hoping for, such as HRT and they just are not there. I am actually going to see my Doctor next week about my meds and see if I can get my dosage changed since what I am on has been giving me very negligible results. Waiting is not my strong suit either!