PDA

View Full Version : Orchiectomy

christinac
02-19-2011, 08:42 PM
I've been reseaching a bilatereral orchiectomy here lately because it appears that a bilaterial orchiectomy would make the HRT process a lot safer because a person wouldn't need such high doses of hormones for the HRT process. Has anyone have this process done or know some one who has had it done or know where I can get more information on the subject?

Aprilrain
02-19-2011, 09:06 PM
I do know someone who has had it done, she seems quite happy with it but I don't think she intends to have SRS. From what I've read most doctors don't recommend it if you intend on having SRS because the scrotum atrophies and then there is less tissue available and it usually has scars on it from the orchi which could make for unsightly labia I guess.
the general consensus seems to be that after the procedure one no longer needs an anti androgen, However I was recently reading a medical web site (sorry can't remember the name off the top of my head) were this doctor still gave his patients anti androgens after orchi or SRS for a period of time to complete feminization. It stated that if the patient had not been on HRT for 2 to 3 years that feminization was not complete and anti androgens were still needed, I guess because of the pituitary gland? Anyway I think most people stop the anti androgen and lower the estrogen dose by about half.

My question for you is: do you have an existing medical codition that would prevent you from taking the normal course of hormone and anti androgen treatments or are you just concerned about a hypothetical situation?

Jessinthesprings
02-19-2011, 09:22 PM
I agree with April here on this. If you plan to have SRS you will need all of viable donor tissue you can get. From the surgeon I've researsched suggest you don't do it. It's also one more surgery that you can put the money towards your transition.

cara
02-19-2011, 10:05 PM
I have mine scheduled with Bowers on April 4th. I choose this mid step for three reasons:
1. To lower my Estrogen dosage and stop the T-Blockers
2. Have more money available to use towards FFS
3. Legally meet the minimum requirements to change gender on identifications.
Bowers doesn't have a problem performing SRS after an Orchi. I've read that if the scrotum has shrunk too much they can take it off your butt. The big no no is having the scrotum skin removed with the Orchi.
Cara

gretchen2
02-19-2011, 10:13 PM
I think Bowers charges the same amount for SRS with or without an Orchi. So you would end up having less money for you FFS. This is really simply, call Dr. Bowers office.

JohnH
02-19-2011, 10:38 PM
I wonder if prosthetic testes could be put in place of real testes so that the scrotum does not shrink in size. I also have read the active parts of testes could be removed without removing all of the testes.

Johanna

Katesback
02-19-2011, 11:34 PM
I am going to take a guess that your married........... See orcies are for the most part what married TS people settle for all to often because the TS can spin it as "medically beneficial" (by the way you wont fool me with the medically beneficial stuff though since there are COUNTLESS TS people on high doses of hormones for YEARS) and the wife can still have her MAN. Otherwise put save the marriage. Dont forget men have penises and women have vaginas.

Now if you are not married then what the HE__ are you thinking?

BreenaDion
02-20-2011, 09:50 AM
For me I want the Bi Orchi , to feminize and also for legal documents. I really dont know if I ever will have the resources for SRS. Im ok with that, I would (like) to have a vagina but its not life treathing if I dont. So I have convinced myself (brain) that we (mind+brain) have to compromise in this situation. Yes I spent the last 2 years on a self discovery.
Also I want to get off anti androgens and Pill form of premarin.
Breena.

christinac
02-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Breena, I know exactly what you mean about the cost of SRS. I've been researching that subject also and learned a few things that I didn't know and never would have thought about myself. For example, I never would have guessed that there is four different common SRS proceedures (that I've discovered sofar) to be considured depending on your sexual interest and planned activity (I hope that isn't crossing the line too far).

Aprilrain
02-20-2011, 10:52 AM
For example, I never would have guessed that there (are) four different common SRS proceedures (that I've discovered sofar) to be considured depending on your sexual interest and planned activity (I hope that isn't crossing the line too far).

You've defiantly crossed the line!, the curiosity line! What, pray tell, are these different procedures and how will my "planed activity" affect which procedures I want/don't want? :-()

Stephenie S
02-20-2011, 11:42 AM
Breena, I know exactly what you mean about the cost of SRS. I've been researching that subject also and learned a few things that I didn't know and never would have thought about myself. For example, I never would have guessed that there is four different common SRS proceedures (that I've discovered sofar) to be considured depending on your sexual interest and planned activity (I hope that isn't crossing the line too far).

I too have no idea what Christinac is talking about unless she means different grafts? Different depths? No depth? It is true that there are different procedures used by different doctors. I am not aware of different procedures depending on your sexual interest and planned activity.

Stephie

christinac
02-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. The defferent procedures basically deals with the depth of the vagina. In one procedure they just hack it off and you're unable to have vaginal intercourse. The sigmoid-colon SRS they take about 15cm of the colon to use as the graft to add to the penile tissue to make the vagina deeper. The best I can make of the sigmoid-colon procedure is that you're suposed to be able to have intercourse sooner and be able accomodate a fairly large tool. Then ofcourse there is the skin graft SRS where they take a graft from just below the belly button and add it to the penile tissue to add depth. Then if you're large enough, they just invert. That is basically what I mean. If you don't plan on having sexual relations then the cheapest route would be to just hack it off, but to me that would be foolish because you would be out of luck if you would to say meet that special someone and change your mind later on down the road.

BreenaDion
02-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Just give me the basic vagina when an if I get the resources, I just want it to look real an have some function. I am not looking to cruise around at 60 yrs old an look for a pick up. NO THANK YOU !
Breena.

Stephenie S
02-20-2011, 05:24 PM
I am continually surprised by those who claim they cannot afford SRS. It can be done in Thailand for less than half the cost of a new car, and many of us buy a new car regularly and think nothing of it.

The real cost in transition is FFS, which can run to $40,000 or more quite easily. Electrolysis can cost as much as SRS at $6000 to $10,000. We have a member here who told me recently that she had spent $20,000 on hair removal which is more than her SRS would have cost. And then there is a whole new wardrobe, hair care, body care. SRS really ranks down at the bottom as to cost. The only thing cheaper is your voice which is free, only needing practice.

We often hear the same said about hormone therapy. "Oh I have to take herbal supplements because I can't afford hormones." Silly. Hormones are cheap, cheap, cheap. Far cheaper than herbal supplements.

S

Stephenie S
02-20-2011, 05:28 PM
I don't think there is an SRS surgeon who would "just hack it off".

You can get a non-functioning vagina which LOOKS real but has no depth. This is a far cry from just "hacking it off", however. We do have a member here who has done just that and she seems quite satisfied. Perhaps she will speak up.

S

Aprilrain
02-20-2011, 05:33 PM
I don't think there is an SRS surgeon who would "just hack it off".

You can get a non-functioning vagina which LOOKS real but has no depth. This is a far cry from just "hacking it off", however. We do have a member here who has done just that and she seems quite satisfied. Perhaps she will speak up.

S

What is the advantage of this method?

Katesback
02-20-2011, 05:42 PM
The car thing is soooo funny. I have known a lot of TS girls with exactly what your talking about. New car, Iphone, whatever. And then they tell me they are TS. I just smile and think to myself that they are just another guy with a big dream. IF you are TS you will do whatever it takes to achieve that goal of getting SRS if that is your goal.

I am continually surprised by those who claim they cannot afford SRS. It can be done in Thailand for less than half the cost of a new car, and many of us buy a new car regularly and think nothing of it.

The real cost in transition is FFS, which can run to $40,000 or more quite easily. Electrolysis can cost as much as SRS at $6000 to $10,000. We have a member here who told me recently that she had spent $20,000 on hair removal which is more than her SRS would have cost. And then there is a whole new wardrobe, hair care, body care. SRS really ranks down at the bottom as to cost. The only thing cheaper is your voice which is free, only needing practice.

We often hear the same said about hormone therapy. "Oh I have to take herbal supplements because I can't afford hormones." Silly. Hormones are cheap, cheap, cheap. Far cheaper than herbal supplements.

S

crystalann
02-20-2011, 09:21 PM
I feel some people try to sabotage themselves to keep from transitioning.:Pullhair:

S

Stephenie S
02-20-2011, 11:37 PM
The advantage to having an external labia with no vagina is cost. It's less expensive.

Also there is no need to dilate. A constructed vagina needs to be dilated regularly for the rest of your life.

S

Rianna Humble
02-20-2011, 11:54 PM

That may be a fair comparison for those who can afford a car.

I'm lucky, I won't have to pay for the final op or the hormone treatment, but my bank account is cleared out at the end of every month and that is before I start thinking of things like FFS. Not everyone on these forums is in the same wage bracket.

Aprilrain
02-21-2011, 12:29 AM
A constructed vagina needs to be dilated regularly for the rest of your life.

S

Or until your too old care anymore! Lol

Steph.TS
02-21-2011, 12:31 AM
Thailand SRS scares me, the way I see it is I'm reconstructing a significant part of my body, if I go to montreal and have it done heard it's $20,000 a large number and it'll involve ALOT of saving, but I heard in thailand it's $8,000 what is Thailand doing differently than what is happening in North America? If I have my SRS in thailand would the SRS result in me being fully functional and looking just as real as North american SRS?

ultimately my fear is that the SRS won't be done right, or it'll have some negative side effect, honestly I'd love getting SRS for $8,000 but I have to know it's safe, and I'll be fully functional down there without worry about anything going wrong. am I worrying over nothing?

Aprilrain
02-21-2011, 12:48 AM
Thailand SRS scares me, the way I see it is I'm reconstructing a significant part of my body, if I go to montreal and have it done heard it's $20,000 a large number and it'll involve ALOT of saving, but I heard in thailand it's $8,000 what is Thailand doing differently than what is happening in North America? If I have my SRS in thailand would the SRS result in me being fully functional and looking just as real as North american SRS?

ultimately my fear is that the SRS won't be done right, or it'll have some negative side effect, honestly I'd love getting SRS for $8,000 but I have to know it's safe, and I'll be fully functional down there without worry about anything going wrong. am I worrying over nothing?

I can't say weather your worrying over nothing or not but I do know two girls who went to Thailand and are pleased with the results. The one is 5 years post op now and reports multiple orgasms, the other didn't say wether hers were multiple or not but also reports orgasms. The second girl was kind enough to show us her new parts (unsolicited I might add) and she looked, for lack of a better descriptor, real. She kept hers bare so you could see some small scars but if she had a little strip you wouldn't see the scars. Sorry if this is to graphic for anyone.

The other thing to keep in mind is 8 grand might cover the doctors but it's not going to cover your three week stay in Thailand. This could probably be covered royally for another couple thousand though.

crystalann
02-21-2011, 01:52 AM
I was made in Thailand, and yes it looks feels and works just like the ones made here in the good old U.S.A. And it was only $7400 dollars. The doctors are some of the best SRS surgeons in the world. The staff was great I can't say anything bad about Thailand.I have 3 close friend's that had there's done in Thailand by the same doctor and all are very happy with the results. I guess They just don't have the overhead we have here? I got to talk with 10 other women all where very happy with there results. It's so funny when I talk to women here and it's the same thing about Thailand and how bad it is there but none have ever looked into or been there, but just know how bad it is. Having been there and done that, it is not a back woods place that you think. I did not have my surgery in an ally by a hack. I was in the hospital a week and then to his office 2 times a day for 3 weeks. I was picked-up each time, I was taking to the bank, stores and so on. I'm not sure but none of my doctors here in the states have ever took me shopping? In the end the cost was $7400 for SRS. The plane ticket from FLA round trip $900. My hotel $26 bucks a night with breakfast. There are so many places to eat for just a few dollars. And one leg and foot massage $8 bucks. It's a great place.:2c:

Katesback
02-21-2011, 07:57 AM
Last time I checked if you talk about ANY and I mean ANY SRS doctor that is well known and been doing SRS for a long time with many patients under his/her belt, you are VERY likely to get a good result. How can I say that? Because I have known a LOT of post op girls that have had SRS from lots of doctors and nearly all were happy. We will write off the very small few unhappy ones because we cannot say if the unhappyness is brought on by thier own actions or expectations.

With that said you simply need to pick what doctor you go to. Pick a well known doctor and you will likely be ok regardless of where you go. A little sidebar though some doctors will be charging you 20000 and others 10000 or less. You decide what you want to spend.

Finally for most TS girls FFS is REALLY something they need and to be a stickler over a doctor FFS is where you would be that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The world does not see your vagina.

christinac
02-21-2011, 08:35 AM
I have to clean the garbage out of my in box to find it, but I have an e-mail list of recommended SRS Doctors in the US and the two most highly recommended are in Colorado, but the price range SRS is all over the map.

Stephanie Anne
02-21-2011, 09:41 AM
I was made in Thailand, and yes it looks feels and works just like the ones made here in the good old U.S.A. And it was only $7400 dollars. The doctors are some of the best SRS surgeons in the world. The staff was great I can't say anything bad about Thailand.I have 3 close friend's that had there's done in Thailand by the same doctor and all are very happy with the results. I guess They just don't have the overhead we have here? I got to talk with 10 other women all where very happy with there results. It's so funny when I talk to women here and it's the same thing about Thailand and how bad it is there but none have ever looked into or been there, but just know how bad it is. Having been there and done that, it is not a back woods place that you think. I did not have my surgery in an ally by a hack. I was in the hospital a week and then to his office 2 times a day for 3 weeks. I was picked-up each time, I was taking to the bank, stores and so on. I'm not sure but none of my doctors here in the states have ever took me shopping? In the end the cost was $7400 for SRS. The plane ticket from FLA round trip $900. My hotel $26 bucks a night with breakfast. There are so many places to eat for just a few dollars. And one leg and foot massage $8 bucks. It's a great place.:2c:

You are now the 4th person who has mentioned such a thing. This thread is all over the place but This caught my eye. Crystal, can you PM me more information. I'm guessing here is a hidden rule about mentioning specifics but I'm curious if your experience is the same as those who have talked to me.

On a side note, We here in the states are undergoing a silent revolution in health insurance. Aetna, Cigna, and slowly Anthem Blue Cross are all stating to have inclusive coverage for GRS. They have very strict requirements based on GSM IV and limit coverage to doctors in the US. This will change some of us for our choices.

For example: I am working to get the latest information from my work's insurance. They recently (September of last year) added guidelines for GRS. They require 18 months of continual care from therapy, hormones, and doctors. They require a minimum of 1 year full time and a complete understanding of the serious decision of GRS. After you meet their criteria, they consider GRS a medical necessity and should I find my answer that my plan covers grs, it would me an "i provider" surgeon's cost would be covered 80%. This would lower the typical $20,000 (averaging of course) to $4000 out of pocket cost.

Now as for what Kate said, I had built my career and debt prior to starting transition. I have a mortgage, student loan, and car payment that I consider responsibilities. These do not in anyway mean I am not serious about SRS but they do mean I will not do anything to have surgery. I am not going to lose my credit rating, home, and car just to have a surgery that will require my to have said things to live the same standards of living I have before GRS.

I have been on HRT for just sht of 8 months and full time for half that. I don't feel the need to rush as some do and have made my decision to wait until at minimum 2 years hrt before entertaining GRS. That is not to say I am not committed to GRS. I have managed to save 3/4 of the cost of typical surgery in the USA. This means that I will be able to save the total cost within my given timeframe for surgery.

But you see anything could happen in that time. I could lose my job and in the process my house and car. I could face the very real discrimination in my state (Nevada) of being refused the same type of job I have now because of me being trans. While GRS is very important to me, so is being able to live a lifestyle that includes independence and self sustainability. I know far too many trans friends who went from high profile jobs (engineers, architects, construction, teaching) to minimum wage or full unemployment.

You can't have SRS only earning $7 an hour or $0.

For those interested, These are Anthem California's new guidelines for GRS. Anthem in other states, Cigna, and Aetna are similar. Do note these just became guidelines this last September so inclusion is still being evaluated.

http://www.anthem.com/ca/medicalpolicies/guidelines/gl_pw_a051166.htm

Kaitlyn Michele
02-21-2011, 10:09 AM
I've met multiple women that did srs (and FFS btw) in thailand...they all recommend it...
the worst parts are that you really are out there and if something does go wrong, you may be on your own...the best surgeons have complications..
the other is that the flight is LLLLLOOOONNNNGGGG..

Stephenie S
02-21-2011, 11:35 AM
The bottom line here is just as Crystalann and Kate have said. There is absolutely NO reason to reject having surgery in Thailand. Thailand offers state of the art world class healthcare.

We in America like to think that we have the best healthcare in the world, but that is a myth. We actually rank down around 40th of all.

Can you get good SRS surgery in the US? Yes. Yes you can. Some of the best available. But it will cost you dearly unless covered by your insurance. Dr Brassard in Montreal is one of the best in the world, and offers top-flight care for a reasonable price. But Thailand is by FAR the best choice for low cost care. This is fact, guys, not opinion.

Stephie

CharleneT
02-21-2011, 12:04 PM
I have to clean the garbage out of my in box to find it, but I have an e-mail list of recommended SRS Doctors in the US and the two most highly recommended are in Colorado, but the price range SRS is all over the map.

I'd just toss that list along with the other bits in your maile box ... I'm pretty sure that Dr. Bowers does all of her surgeries in CA now, and Dr. Biber retired long, long ago. There isn't a SRS doc in CO at all. The prices here in the US aren't really all that far apart. Dr. Meltzer's is the highest, but a lot of the difference is because he has you stay in the hospital longer (approx 9 days), and does a two stage operation.

BriannaCD
03-02-2011, 08:31 PM
From what I understand and have read, the SRS Surgeons in Thailand are very well educated not only from their native land, but also from Advanced Training in Plastic Surgery, which SRS is, from the UK, Australia and educated here in the United States.

As for the cost difference, there is a difference in currency strength versus the US Dollar, (currently, 1.00 USD= 30.5019 THB). So maybe it equals out to be about the same cost as it would be here in the States.

At $8,000 in todays US Dollar would amount to some 244,077.40 THB.

Just a thought anyway.

Enjoy Life!
Bri

Delirious_Raven
04-11-2011, 03:50 PM
What doctors in Thailand are good vs cost. Also if you go to Thailand are you bound by the same standards. The Henry Benjamin Code thing. I have lived about 4 or 5 years in my "chosen" gender role, this included work. I never did change my name legally for financial reasons, but I did get all dolled up to get a good drivers license photo ^^. I've also been to therapy though had to discontinue do to lack of funds which made it a choice between HRT for a few more months or therapy which may or may not lead to a letter.

I have been on HRT for 5 years, however, 3 years ago when the automotive industry tanked I lost my job... and consequently I made some mistakes. I'd saved little over 12k out of 30k I made in a year, but when I lost my job I kept my apartment hoping to ride it out and get back in long enough to get back on track.... that failed. Subsequently I spent a large portion of that 12k with rent bills, and sustaining my HRT now without insurance helping out.

Fast forward to now, I moved in with my father who doesn't know. I had to stop taking the hormones for lack of funds, I'm now back on them but the pause in between came at a cost. My hair is thinning, on the top and receding at the forehead and temples, it's noticeable now but perhaps recoverable if I can stop it and get transplants later or perhaps benefit from the Folicia research if that comes in the near future.

I have about 10grand in inheritance 2k in extended savings and a smattering of other small sums in various locations. So certainly enough to go to Thailand and complete this surgery, but time isn't exactly on my side. As much as I'd love to get back to where I was and begin moving forward from a more stable financial position this simply isn't feasible if I wish to keep from having to wear wigs the rest of my adult life.

So this is the crossroads at which I stand, is there a legitimate doctor that will do a voluntary SRS on a patient withing the realm of 7500 to 8000USD.... or should I simply go for the Orchi. There is apparently a doctor in my area Dr. Arnkoff who will do a voluntary orchi without having to acquire letters from a therapist. I am definitely in need of some experienced and unbiased opinions.

Also since I'm certain it will be brought up, my need to avoid the recommendation letter is based on the assumption that I will not be able to get one in a timely fashion because for the past 3 years I've been living outside of my chosen gender. I'm not certain if the real life test needs to be accomplished in the time preceding the letter or if it could of happened at any point. However I do not wish to wait another year to do something. I need this for multiple reasons not all of them TS related.... I think at this point there is a desire to know that i have at least taken another step forward instead of remaining stagnant like i have been for the past several years. It's the hope of much needed momentum to put myself back on the road to my one and only goal.

I appreciate whatever help can be offered, and look forward to the responses.
Paige

Kelsy
04-11-2011, 05:07 PM
The real cost in transition is FFS, which can run to $40,000 or more quite easily.
S

I can handle all of the other cost outs of pocket or from savings but FFS is a tough nut to crack
my credit is not great and in order to successfully navigate a RLE I am going to need FFS.
I have been saving as much as I can but at my age time is a shrinking commodity! I have no payments except
for rent. I was wondering if one could approach FFS on a piecemeal basis?

K

Delirious_Raven
04-11-2011, 05:20 PM
I'm fairly certain you can approach FFS in parts and I believe that depending on what your doing that might even be required. The relative cost for FFS is completely subjective to the needs of the person going into it, some will undoubtedly need more than others, and thus costs will fluctuate.... I've been told by my therapist (experienced with ts/tg patients) that FFS is not a route I should go with, quite a few seemed to baulk at the idea because of the risk of failure which can leave you worse off. Personally from your photo I think your quite passable I don't think you'd need much if any work done. Anyway the short and long is, most of the procedures you might commonly go for can be handled in an individual fashion. IE if you need nose work, look up rhinoplasty, brow lift would be separate, etc etc. the 20 to 40k is definitely a cumulative cost.

Leanne2
04-12-2011, 07:34 AM
Some of us are at the lower end financially. I'm 61 with no retirement. Will have to get by with SS and any savings that we have. We have never bought a new car. Both of our cars are over 10 years old and have over 200,00 miles on them. SRS at my age with these finances is out of the question. Leanne

Stephenie S
04-12-2011, 09:42 AM
Some of us are at the lower end financially. I'm 61 with no retirement. Will have to get by with SS and any savings that we have. We have never bought a new car. Both of our cars are over 10 years old and have over 200,00 miles on them. SRS at my age with these finances is out of the question. Leanne

Well hon. You have decided it's out of the question already. Been there, done that. Your financial situation and mine are not that far apart. Don't shoot yourself in the foot.

S

Kelsy
04-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Leanne,

There are organizations that offer opportunities for funding SRS. I have a savings plan to get me to my goals when I am ready.
I don't think I will ever be whole without it. If is important enough there is a way. I often wish that the transsexual community would get together and self fund grants to those who are of meager means! If I ever come into some money thats what I would love to do!

Kelsy

Kaitlyn Michele
04-12-2011, 05:20 PM
ffs means different things to different doctors...if you are on the east coast kelsy you can get a free consult in boston from dr speigel..

although you can do it piecemeal, by doing more surgeries, thats more trips, more recovery more nights in a hospital at $$$ per night..
it can end up costing you more for less..

the consults really are free..there is no pressure, thedocs know how expensive it is...

Jessinthesprings
04-12-2011, 06:20 PM

S

There is a flaw in your logic... I'm pretty sure there aren't many banks willing to provide a SRS loan. With an auto loan they can repo the car. SRS however, what are they going to repo? The vagina? It is a huge cost and a daunting idea that one has to save for this procedure. In my case I can afford about $200 a month maybe more depending on utilities (mine fluctuate drastically) and other unexpected expenses. That's 5 years for the low end Thialand proceedure. And to me... Since people will not be looking up my skirt and everyone should be looking at my face FFS is far more important to me. Realistically I'm looking at 10 years at my current income level. I think I can safely say I cannot afford it.

As far as hormons go... yeah those are cheap. Estrogen costs me $5 a month and spiro is $25 with bi-yearly doc visits at $200 each time.

Delirious_Raven
04-12-2011, 10:54 PM
You can use student loans for transition, even get small loans for "this or that" from your bank. You can also get cosmetic surgery credit cards that I've seen. (Mind you they generally have huge interest rates) There are ways, issue being is do you really want to put yourself in massive debt that you will be spending a lifetime digging out of. I personally do not, I try to live within my means.... I may very well break that rule for transition but I've been attempting not too.

I wish my pills were that cheap for me.... I'm taking 400mgs of spiro which is 160 without insurance, and 4mgs of estrace which is about 30 a month, I've got a wallgreens card that knocks down the cost to about 120 a month but still.... Can I ask what your taking Jess? I'm gonna assume you have insurance.

CharleneT
04-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Paige,

First of all, if you research the different well known docs in Thailand, you'll find at least one near your price range. When you add in travel and associated expenses... it will be hard to do for less than $11,000 right now (dollar low, travel cost high). There is a Yahoo group specific to GRS in Thailand that you might find helpful.

Now, in terms of your situation at home now, why so much Spiro after so long ? Does your doc recommend this for some reason other than transition ? The estrogen should be able to control most if not all testosterone production. You may be able to go off the Spiro completely - or surely reduce it to a much lower amount. Not sure where you live, but search for better pricing... If a low dose could work for you, Walmart has it for $4/30 pills (these are 25 mg).