PDA

View Full Version : Cross dressing role models?

katesometimes
02-19-2011, 10:46 PM
It sure would be nice to have a few really out cross dressers out there to model ourselves after. To that end I'm wondering who, if anyone, is your role model?

I ask this because I have role models for nearly everything in my life but my cross dressing. I can't think of anyone to model my cross dressing after.

Bridgette

silhouette
02-19-2011, 10:49 PM
i will be your role model.

I'm haydee. Nice to meet you.
(It's pronounced heidi ftr)

Chastitycd
02-19-2011, 10:55 PM
When it comes to being Feminine and passing as a woman, I have about 3 role models and all 3 of them are members of this site. They dont know it, but I trully admire them.

Rachel Morley
02-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Cross dressing role models? .... well to be honest my role models are mostly GG women whom I admire but if we're talking CDers then for sure KimberlyTX on this site is definitely someone who I very much admire and for sure is a role model for me. She's totally awesome :)

Cynthia Anne
02-19-2011, 11:12 PM
When it comes to being Feminine and passing as a woman, I have about 3 role models and all 3 of them are members of this site. They dont know it, but I trully admire them.

I totally agree with you! I have a few here too!

katesometimes
02-20-2011, 12:04 AM
Oh I have a few on here too...I can't name them all, but I'll know them when I see them...

Karren H
02-20-2011, 12:10 AM
I model myself after women in general and no one in specific... Not after another crossdresser. To me that's like trying to copy a copy. After while the images fade. Be your own person and create a feminine image that you can claim as your own...

katesometimes
02-20-2011, 12:16 AM
That's a good point Karren, but I guess that wasn't what I was trying to imply...I was more thinking about things like how that person dealt with cross dressing, told others, etc. I would love to have some really public cross dressers to point out to others and say "I'd like to be more like that!"

NatalieBliss
02-20-2011, 12:55 AM
I am taking this to mean role model as the definition of their actions, not style of dress. And my answer is: Eddie Izzard.

zoe m
02-20-2011, 01:17 AM
i like charlie anders...

LitaKelley
02-20-2011, 02:59 AM
Well, I think your idea is great, but me, I tend to think of the entire forum membership collectively as role models as each and every member contributes something that helps me in some manner, or even guides me and encourages me as I progress further on this journey.

Becoming a member to this forum was one of the best decisions I made in a very, very long time, because not only did it open doors to secret places within my own self, but also helped me discover who I am and how to accept it. I arrived a confused and budding seed full of incomprehensible complexities, yet these very people, here on this forum, nurtured the seed I was and have grown me into blossom to this most fantastic flower that I am today.

I can truly say I am a much different person than I was on that day. I have grown as a person and am loving my new life, and were it not for this forum, well, let's just say I'd probably be miserable and stuck in denial and repression.. I LOVE being a woman, and were it not for all the make up tips, the fashion advice, all the encouragement of others whom either did so by posting or by example, well, I could go on and on with various different things everyone's contributed, but I say this, if you're looking for a role model, it is the collective of the entire forum, for each and every experience is different, as well as the manner and style of the one posting, both in look and manner of writing.. The knowledge and experience collectively is there, and it's all helped me a great deal in becoming who I am today.

A role model is someone you look up to, someone whom inspires you, and well, to me, it was the forum membership collectively whom has inspired me, simply because they share much in common with me, have been on the road I'm on now, and without them, I probably would not of ever ventured out on this journey which is always full of interest, of magic and wonders full of splendid discoveries of not only my self, but of others. I look up to them, not because of the common elements we share, but for their inclination to share their experience, thoughts and ideas... For their expression and openness, and so much more.

xxprincess_tiffyxx
02-20-2011, 03:57 AM
Well I think I get what you mean.
As for someone to admire almost feel proud for, to me.
Now keep in mind I'm not talking about style cuz mines way different.
And not talking exact mannerisms and what not.
I have to say whether or not anyone agrees cuz I don't think that's what its about.
For me, one is Marilyn Manson. He or She went out as a huge rockstar be it girlie style or not, basically dressed to the nines in his/her own style and expression, full face of make up and called himself Marilyn.
To me Marilyn Manson went out crossdressed with a look and level of personal comfort and pleasure went by a female name, yet didn't hide being a male. I have seen total femme interviews where marilyn manson is wearing a red knit turtleneck sweater and black womans jeans with a probably stuffed brad with actually pretty make up. Sitting with legs femmeninely crossed talking in a man voice.
Marilyn Manson is who he or she is and is open and comfortable all while being a celebrity and public figure.
I guess if you want fashion/style wise I just where what I like, influenced I guess by woman I look at and imagine myself looking similar too. Such as paris hilton, and reese witherspoon, I also like some kim kardashian style,as well as women like katy perry or newer brody doll.
Basically I feel like a happy bubbly blonde girl and those are the girls whose style I admire a lot if that makes sense too.

Kate Simmons
02-20-2011, 04:42 AM
My role models were empowered women, both real and fictional.:)

SuzanneBender
02-20-2011, 05:38 AM
When hidden deep in a closet we think we are stuck in our TG quandary all by our lonesome self. Nothing could be further from the truth. The world is full of great role models no matter what your TG flavor is. There are transsexuals that have risked all to realize their true selves. Conversely, there are transsexuals who have sacrificed their self realization for love of family. There are crossdressers who have embraced who they and are model member of their communities. There are those that fight for our rights and wear their transgenderism on their sleeve and there are those that are happy to quietly fade into the din of society. Bottom line, you don't have to look far to find the stories of overcoming adversity and becoming a better person that are woven throughout the entire TG community.

I have several transgender role models and luckily I count many of them among my personal friends. Some are from this site. Some I have met at conferences and others I have just stumbled across as I have wandered through this crazy TG life. Some of their stories are cautionary tales of great tragedy, some are tales of celebration, and others are simply those of us that struggle to find balance with this blessing. Almost all have had the fortitude and bravery to be honest with themselves, their loved ones and the world about who they are.

In my simple mind a role model is not someone that you try to emulate. It is someone that provides you with the motivation and inspiration to become the best person you can possibly be. I honestly believe the world as a whole would be better off if it could truly see the inspiration that resides within the transgender community. :hugs:

Ash Leland
02-20-2011, 05:56 AM
Anyone who puts their happiness and wellbeing first.

BRANDYJ
02-20-2011, 06:57 AM
I can't say that I have any CD role models. However there are several on this site that I greatly admire for various reasons. Role model to me...means someone's persona, looks, actions are models of what I would like to follow. Of those I admire in various ways, including looks, they do things out in public that I would never do out of fear or good sense, or whatever reason. But i still admire them, like them, think they look great, sexy or whatever. But by my definition of what a role model is, none that I admire and like would be what I call role models.

TxKimberly
02-20-2011, 08:07 AM
Cross dressing role models? .... well to be honest my role models are mostly GG women whom I admire but if we're talking CDers then for sure KimberlyTX on this site is definitely someone who I very much admire and for sure is a role model for me. She's totally awesome :)

Awe, I am deeply flattered Rachel, and thank you! :)

Ironic as it is, given her response to this thread, the one I admired most was Karen Hutton. She was getting out there and standing proud. It just doesn't get any gooder than that!

DebsUK
02-20-2011, 09:54 AM
I also look to GG women as role models, but mainly in terms of style. For example my boss or in public figures like maybe Lauren Laverne. I suppose my major heroines tend to be funny women like Jo Brand or Victoria Wood or sportswomen like Kelly Holmes and I do often identify with lesbian women.

In terms of crossdressing role models, apart from on this site where there are so many fantastic people, there are so few openly out CDs or even any transgendered people. Eddie Izzard is one, but I never really looked up to him, but I have taken some inspiration from one transsexual comedian who is doing the circuit in the UK called Bethany Black (she's making increasingly big waves and I wouldn't be to surprised if she became fairly well known in the next year or two) who I know in male mode from my time doing (amateur) comedy. I'd also say that Brian Molko from off of Placebo was something of a role model because he was all over the place when I was first coming out to myself in the mid 90s

insearchofme
02-20-2011, 10:16 AM
All my CD role models are on this forum! Too many to mention and I certainly don't want to leave anyone out! You know who you are and I appreciate all of you1

DonniDarkness
02-20-2011, 11:06 AM
When i was very young i was up late on a friday watching The tonight show with jay leno....in his monologue he says "and tonight the very elegant Ru Paul is with us"....everyone clapped and i had no idea who this Ru was....

At the moment that 6ft drag queen took the stage i instantly knew that i was not alone in the world and that there are others out there who have the same gender expressions as i do....and she was so lovely and well poised, and most importantly she was treated with respect for being who she was. For the little Glimmer of hope given to a very dark gothic kid who liked girls clothes is why she will forever be my Crossdressing Hero...

From the Heart,
-Donni-

PretzelGirl
02-20-2011, 12:00 PM
I am one that absolutely doesn't look at celebrities as role models. I just don't feel like we know enough about them and some of it is for show.

Now to possibly contradict that, I do get my role model influences here. Is it any one person? Not really. There are a few that I certainly take more from then others. But I am a "glass is half full girl" and like to latch on to all the positive that gets written here and use that for my motivation and guidance.

docrobbysherry
02-20-2011, 12:20 PM
When hidden deep in a closet we think we are stuck in our TG quandary all by our lonesome self. Nothing could be further from the truth. The world is full of great role models no matter what your TG flavor is. There are transsexuals that have risked all to realize their true selves. ------------- Bottom line, you don't have to look far to find the stories of overcoming adversity and becoming a better person that are woven throughout the entire TG community. ----------------------------------
In my simple mind a role model is not someone that you try to emulate. It is someone that provides you with the motivation and inspiration to become the best person you can possibly be. I honestly believe the world as a whole would be better off if it could truly see the inspiration that resides within the transgender community. :hugs:

As someone who is far from a "vanilla" CD, I find continuing inspiration and encouragement on a daily basis from the brave girls on this site!:thumbsup:

Thanks to Karren and Tx Kim who r certainly among those at the top of the list! And, to ALL u others that live your lives the way u CHOOSE! Dam the torpedoes!

I don't know about "role models" but it's impossible to NOT admire them all!:hugs:

steftoday
02-20-2011, 12:24 PM

Ironic as it is, given her response to this thread, the one I admired most was Karen Hutton. She was getting out there and standing proud. It just doesn't get any gooder than that!

Ah, two of my most respected ladies in one thread; Kim and Karren. I have so much admiration for both of them and how they live their lives.

Sarah Doepner
02-20-2011, 01:59 PM
There are so many, some are out and about on a regular basis and some show us it's possible to be happy regardless of how far out of the closet you are. The one thing they share is an acceptance of who they are and a willingness to explore and share that experience.

On another level I would love to have more open and celebrity CDs who would establish a positive image in popular culture. I know there are a few, but I'd like to have more out there.

Lena Teegal
02-20-2011, 02:17 PM

Kimberly I agree here for me at least in terms of getting out and standing proud you and Karen are sort of heroes here, I think. At least that is the way I think of it.

Laura-uk
02-20-2011, 03:17 PM
Gotta say the chap off of M*A*S*H what's his name clinger? What a Stunner he's so open like nothings differen and noone cares! Great!

Angelofsomekind
02-20-2011, 04:58 PM
I'd have to say my role model is all of you who go out and be who you are and don't care what anyone else thinks about it.

CherryZips
02-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Role models?

There is a fashion for dismissing role models but I think in our hearts we need someone to riff off.

I have jealousy for Nicci Tristan of http://www.flickr.com/photos/niccitristantrans/

And despite being a drug using, irresponsible, sexual addict who was once crucified in the name of art and not being a crossdresser I feel I relate to the late Sebastian Horsely. He did at least paint his nails bright red. Though I understand people may find him very offensive. In fact it I should be offended. Maybe its the shock of the openly narcissistic male.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIKPG6VEKxk

christinac
02-20-2011, 05:47 PM
I'd have to say my role model is all of you who go out and be who you are and don't care what anyone else thinks about it.

I couldn't put it any better if I tried. Only thing I would ad to that is that I believe that the whole club here is a role model to look up to and a safe place to come to with questions and answers concerning CD/TG issues.

Ginger
02-20-2011, 06:21 PM
Haydee

you are hot
Ginger

Jenny Gurl
02-20-2011, 08:24 PM
The attributes of a cross dressing roll model for me would be someone who has overcome the fear of public opinion, and has truly come to accept themselves for the person the are inside. They have become so comfortable they don't even think twice about going out as they want to appear and have the best time doing it. I don't have that kind of courage yet, and can only admire those who do. Some that come to mind are Karren Hutton, Texas Kimberly, and Kathi Lake. There are many more that do similar activities, but these come to mind for me as some that are very comfortable with who they are and have truly accepted who they are inside. I feel like Peter from the bible, I would probably deny it at this point to keep from messing up many parts of my life. I do admire and envy those who can be who they truly are inside. There are others who I admire for other categories, like some of the GG on here, but that would be a completely different category.

Barbara Dugan
02-20-2011, 08:39 PM
I remember a not long time ago before I joined this site run across the profile of Deidra Cowen on Yahoo..I was at a time of internal turmoil and I was mesmerized by the way she presented herself. I think she inspired me to start doing it and I see her as a role model...This site and its wonderful ladies also had been a valuable resource and inspiration:)

Ash Leland
02-20-2011, 09:38 PM
Hey!

What I posted earlier still applies, but I just thought of a good one!

Alan Moore. Oh yeah. He looks like a crazy, hairy, homicidal druid, and to the best of my knowledge has never participated in any gender variance, but his graphic novels V for Vendetta and Watchmen carry a strong, individualist message that I took to heart around the time I first decided to take crossdressing seriously. Drawing personal inspiration from comics is probably the earmark of an authentic, born-and-bred nerd, but I guess that's me.

"I've heard all the innuendo and psychiatrist's theories, but in the end I'd have to say I decided to dress up like an owl and fight crime because it looked like fun, it felt right and because I damn well felt like it."

Oh yeah.

sissystephanie
02-20-2011, 10:37 PM
I have never thought of having a role model for being a CD! I crossdress MtF because I like to wear feminine clothes. So I look at GG's and decide if I would like to wear the things they are wearing. Yes, I do like some of the pictures on this Forum but not to the point where I would consider the person to be a role model! To me a role model is much more than what someone is wearing at a certain time!

I dress to please myself, and my late wife always liked my selections!! So I am happy just as I am, even without a role model!!

suchacutie
02-20-2011, 10:53 PM
I found this site within days of dressing for the first time, being named, and putting on my first dress. I'm still in awe of the people here who are "out there". Kimberly and Karren have been mentioned already and are certainly in the top of my list, but there are a long list of people here who constantly amaze me and teach me every day. Thank you, everyone!

tina

Rachel Morley
02-20-2011, 11:01 PM
I remember a not long time ago before I joined this site run across the profile of Deidra Cowen on Yahoo..I was at a time of internal turmoil and I was mesmerized by the way she presented herself. I think she inspired me to start doing it and I see her as a role model.
OMG yes,Deidra Cowen (http://www.flickr.com/photos/14381963@N00/with/4804832809/) is a Godess! I've never met her but I knew her from the days of Yahoo 360, and as you say, I belive she is actually a member here.

BillieJoEllen
02-21-2011, 12:59 PM
There are certainly people on here that I would like to meet but I don't regard any as role models although I admit to a bit of jealousy concerning some of them. I don't even have any female role models. I just wanna be ME!

Jessica_Dillon
02-21-2011, 01:27 PM

Again, role models? Hopefully we are all such for each other! but I have been truely inspired by both Kimberly and Karen. so much so that I have really started taking advantage of all the travel I do in my own life. It really has been a lot of fun! Keep standing proud you two! And Kimberly...one of these we are bound to cross paths in the airports!

Debglam
02-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Ok. . .This is going to turn into a hug-fest, but there are a number of women on this forum, a few have posted above :o, that are my CD Role Models! I don't want to get too mushy but their almost motherly/sisterly kindness and patience gives me, and I'm sure alot of others, a great deal of peace and comfort.

(BTW I am NOT stalking you when I keep checking out your pages to find your most recent posts! :heehee:)

I hope to be as brave and as comfortable in my own skin as they are someday, and when I make it to that point, to be as helpful to the newbies as they have been to me/us!

Finally, I absolutely worship the GG's on this forum who have helped me and my wife by sharing their most personal selves with us! It has been a blessing.

:love:
Debby

Kate Lynn
02-21-2011, 03:01 PM
My crossdressing role model has always been Milton Berle.......

VeronicaMoonlit
02-21-2011, 03:34 PM
There are a few that I certainly take more from then others. But I am a "glass is half full girl" and like to latch on to all the positive that gets written here and use that for my motivation and guidance.

I feel pretty much the same way. Though there are folks, in practically every subgroup, that I find insightful and interesting. You can learn much by keeping ones eyes open. There are some who are special to me, mostly among what I call the "proto-TS's" They know who they are, some here and some are at another place.

Veronica

Linda Stockings
02-25-2011, 01:40 PM
I agree with you, Karen. I just can't help having a lot of respect and admiration for someone (you) who's managed to get her looks and act together so well. You are quite an inspiration!

Thanks,

Linda

Samantha_Smile
03-02-2011, 07:47 AM
Without being an ass-kiss...
Zoeyp and ChantelleCD from here are my role models for the style and look thing.
They both always look great in their pics, and their style sense is right up my street.

stefanie
03-02-2011, 05:01 PM
i don't have any specific tg role model nor have i ever thought of it quite frankly.

In general, i think about role models that challenge tradition, fight for what is right, stick up for fellow beings.... give more of themselves than they take. These are the characteristics that I would certainly follow be it tg, politics, economic policy.. I think its these role models that create bravery in the specific topics close to our heart and minds... to be passionate and to create followership.... that is amazing in itself

ReneeT
03-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Suzanne and Jenny Gurl, Your comments brought tears to my eyes. You are both incredibly eloquent and capture the essence of what role models are to me. Thanks for your thoughtfulness!

the_me
03-02-2011, 05:40 PM
I have a few role models. Some from this site, some fictional (even animated) ones, but most importantly a whole family of local girls that I love to death and wouldn't be the same without. :)