PDA

View Full Version : Human condition

dawnmarrie1961
02-20-2011, 11:53 AM

I don’t think I’ve ever posted a picture of myself that was in “drab” before. I’ve always come off as someone who is quite confident in my appearance. But I do have my insecurities, just like everybody else. I’m not trying to be PERFECT. I’ll never be.
I used to have such long black beautiful hair which I loved to fuss with. Unfortunately I had no choice but to cut it all off during one of my cross country bike trips because it was increasing difficult to bother with. I had to give in to the side of practicality. Shorter was easier to keep clean and made my head feel cooler. I tended to overheat from having too much mane.
I purchased a wig because I don’t feel like myself without the long hair. I opted for the platinum blonde color because it doesn’t retain the heat as bad as black does. My normal hair got kind of bleached out from the sun light and my grays are showing more.
I plucked the living daylights out of my eyebrows until there was hardly anything left. Now I pencil them in.
My left shoulder is scarred from when I broke my collar bone and I have a slight bump there where the bone snapped. I’ve got road burns all over me from all the falls I’ve taken from my bike over the years. I see them as “biker’s badges”.
My nose was broken and is crooked from when I was punched by a violent mental patient a few years back.
I’m a little insecure about my breasts since I stopped HRT. And sometimes I’ve put a pair of enhancers in my bra to make them appear bigger than they are. Not an effort to attract attention. I just feel a bit inadequate there at times.
We all have flaws, those little imperfections that make us who we are. Change only what you need to feel “comfortable” with yourself and learn to accept the rest.
It’s all part of dealing and living with THE HUMAN CONDITION.

Alice Torn
02-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Yep. Conflicted and insecure here, struggling all my life. I have been about my own worst enemy in some areas, but learning to take better care of myself. I like to ride bicycle a lot too. Rode 12 miles to my dad's place in January weather. Man, Am i out of shape! Will be riding more, as gasoline skyrockets. It is hard to be real secure as a cd.

Cynthia Anne
02-20-2011, 07:58 PM
I like your hair, the blond look! I agree with your story for I'm there every day! Its hard to get around with one leg and one usable hand living by your self! But I know there's people worse off than me! I just smile and say I CAN DO IT!

Suzette Muguet de Mai
02-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Hmmm yep, and the "Human Condition" sucks too. I constantly critique myself. I think I am just a body full of faults at times maybe one day I will finally crack up. One thing though, CDing has got me to lose weight and go onto a better diet. If it was not for this, maybe I would be a XXXLL now, I was XXL now down to a M in size. I take better care of myself because I have to take care of two parts of me now, Male side and the MTF side.

dawnmarrie1961
02-20-2011, 08:47 PM
Louise, Cynthia and Tania,
I was a little bit scared at the first thought of posting a picture like that where everyone can see it. Thinking perhaps that it would change the way some of the members might perceive me. It kind of destroys any mystery that there may have been, not that I was aware of any.
Thank you for your kind and encouraging words.

Kathi Lake
02-20-2011, 09:27 PM
I've kind of made it a point to post most of my pictures - no matter how 'bad' they may seem to me (see this thread (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?146907)). I call them my 'Miss Congeniality' pictures. Like real women, we can't always look our best. Our confidence can't always be at it's highest level. Still, we have to strive to be the best we can be, and know that if we tried our best, then we done good!

Kathi

Ash Leland
02-20-2011, 09:33 PM
152224We all have flaws, those little imperfections that make us who we are. Change only what you need to feel “comfortable” with yourself and learn to accept the rest.
It’s all part of dealing and living with THE HUMAN CONDITION.

Did you ever hit the nail on the head there.

Once you discover you have an appetite for cross dressing, it's easy, fun, and in most cases harmless to fantasize about looking like the most beautiful girls you've ever seen, but comfort is really what it's about. A desire to feel comfortable with myself is what led me to cross dressing in the first place, and dressing for comfort even crosses over to fashion. If you're wearing things that don't fit you or if you're going for a look that's just too far away from what you naturally have, it shows. You look your best when you try to high light what's already there, not when you try to create something new.

dawnmarrie1961
02-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Kathi,
I checked out your link. Where are the bad pics? You are pretty.:) Face the fact: There are no such thing as bad pictures. There are just bad cameras that refuse to see what we see.:eek:

Ashleigh,

Be careful what you wish for...you just might get it!:devil:

sissystephanie
02-20-2011, 10:27 PM
We all are Human Beings, and therefore we are not perfect! Nor will we ever be!! We just have to make do with what we have!! I'm not sure how old I was when I learned the difference between perfect and imperfect, but since then I don't think I have ever really tired to be perfect!! At least not in the things that I cannot control! I cannot make myself into a lady, certainly not on my own. Add to that the fact that I don't have any desire to be a female, and obviously it is never going to happen. So I dress to please myself, and my self only. What other people think about me is their business, and doesn't bother me at all!!