PDA

View Full Version : Still life, with manicure

sandra-leigh
02-20-2011, 04:39 PM
A few weeks weeks ago my wife decided on a Sunday that she wanted to get nail polish. We weren't able to find anywhere because the few esthetics places that were open on Sunday didn't have anyone to do nails. (Well, there was one we found listed, at $70 each!) Still, it was nice that she wanted me to go with her.

Since then, a few times I've tried to convince her to go to "my" salon, but she didn't have time or didn't feel like it. Yesterday, though, as I'd pointed out a time-saving shortcut to doing the only thing that had to be done, we had spare time, and when she asked what to do, I scrunched up my nails to show that I wanted to get them down. "Oh, you! Always wanting to do your nails"... but she drove us over anyhow.

Once there, I requested a mani and pedi for both of us, and we were seated in the pedi chairs within short order, and she was already starting to get excited about her nail color choices. I asked her choose my toenail color, and she said to get the same (dark red) as I got last time... a color that when she first saw she thought was perhaps a bit "too much". Guess she got accustomed to it.

I also had her select my fingernail color, and she asked for a light blue that I've gotten before, a 1995 OPI color "Greece Just Blue My Mind". Before, though, I've had one coat only in deference to possible sensibilities at work, and this time they automatically did two coats, and my wife approved.

After having grumbled the last few times about "only" wanting to get her fingers done, and having hinted she only wanted fingers this time, she was readily agreeing with the nail techs that she should get her feet done more often; they were in turn gently chiding her for leaving it so long, and telling me to bring her in more often.

Before we left, my wife was saying that it would be okay to treat her to a mani/pedi more often. On the way home, she suggested we go again in two weeks.

It was obvious to my wife that the owner/workers at the nail place knew me and were comfortable with me and liked me (my wife said as much). And that was fine with her.

So Monday I'll go to work with my fingernails done -- certainly not for the first time, but with a more glittery thickness than usual. And my wife is pleased about it and wants to go back.

(Incidentally, the regular price for this place is half of the sale price for a lot of the "spas" around. $CDN 35 for a complete mani + pedi. Not the rock bottom price in town, but TG friendly -- and people have have gone to the rock bottom price place have reported that that other place doesn't clean their equipment properly.)

Cynthia Anne
02-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Sounds like you just hit a home run! Keep your wife happy and take her back in tho weeks! NICE STORY!

BLUE ORCHID
02-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Sandra, Sounds like a fun day.

Orchid