PDA

View Full Version : Why is it called crossdressing?

Byanca
02-20-2011, 04:56 PM
If the name made any sense most of the ladies here would use a dress with a beard.

To me it's obvious that for a large majority who use this label the clothes is but a part. But the braking point is that they don't identify as men, or do you?

Are you offended if I address you as a woman? Or what do you prefer to be addressed as if you identify as CD?

If I knew how to make a poll I would have done so.

Eryn
02-20-2011, 05:08 PM
The terminology is very confusing and the only rule is that the rules are very flexible. One person might have a very firm idea of what "crossdresser," "transvestite," "transgender," etc. mean, but then next person will have equally firm, but different ideas.

Few MTFs here would be insulted by being addressed as women, but more would be uncomfortable being addressed as men, so the convention on the forum is to address all MTFs as female. In person, the gender being presented is the gender you address.

Pythos
02-20-2011, 05:09 PM
I find that even when in full fem I act like and like to be referred to as male. I found on Halloween with my GG, that I took the dominant male role, despite the fact I was in makeup, wig, leggings and my black and blue dress (my Mana cosplay). I in no way felt feminine. Perhaps the mix of the two that I love, I know my movements were more catlike, (why is catlike always likened to women? There are male cats too, and they act and move just as awesomely as the female ones) and fluid...graceful if you will. But why is that feminine. Why is more refined movement considered feminine?

Sorry, tangent.

What you would call dressing actually has a less refined name. It is called Gender f&^king. I do it regularly.

I frankly think it is a term who's negative connotation should go away and never come back.

Cynthia Anne
02-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Good question! I call it cross-dressing because the clothes crosses the gender line! Still yet I like to be referred to as anything meaning female!