PDA

View Full Version : A Nice Day Thanks to A Great SO!

Debglam
02-20-2011, 06:22 PM
Hi All,

I'm having a very, and surprisingly, nice day and just wanted to share. Things at work, and life in general have been crazy lately with very little personal time, let alone Debby time. It was starting to look like Debby wasn't going to see the light of day this month, but I'm sitting here in a pale blue cowl neck sweater and black tights, fully en femme! :) (No photos - I took a couple and am still playing around with that Stila lipgloss - I kinda look like The Joker in a pale blue cowl neck sweater. . . :eek:)

I was able to book a massage at our local spa first thing this morning (A pleasure my SO put me on to!) then returned home. The sun is shining after a long stretch of stormy weather, so I was able to get a nice bike ride too. Just about to start on the weekend "to do" list when my amazing SO pulls me aside and says that she is taking my two daughters shopping and I should have about three or four hours to myself, "if there is anything I want to do." :battingeyelashes:

A very nice day, even sweeter because it was unexpected! Now to return the favor to my honey. Any good ideas?

:hugs:
Debby

GG Kathy
02-20-2011, 06:26 PM
I think just return the favor. One day pull her aside and tell her your taking the girls to a movie so she can have some her time also, or maybe book a massage for her as a surprise.

BLUE ORCHID
02-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Sounds like a really great day Deb.

Orchid

StacyCD
02-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Sounds like you have a keeper!

Ash Leland
02-20-2011, 10:01 PM
OMG I'm sooo envious of people like you, Debby, who have SO's who actually suggest things and encourage you.

Hm...back when I was in a relationship, a nice expensive dinner was always a good way to say thank you. But if spending isn't prudent, maybe just do some housework, or make dinner? My ex always appreciated it when I attempted to cook.

You sooo lucked out.

sissystephanie
02-20-2011, 10:07 PM
You are very lucky to have a SO like that, Debby. I think GG Kathy gave you some good advice!! Follow it!!

suchacutie
02-20-2011, 10:27 PM
It is just overwhelming sometimes when your spouse suggests that her "girlfriend" should come to visit, or she gives you time to be your femme self, or even just suggests that this piece of clothing, or that color of makeup would look great on your femme self.

What we are really talking about is what many women do so darned well because they were socialized to do so all their lives: they know how to be considerate! Boys are just never socialized that way, and it's one of those things we must learn, and learn fast about being feminine.

Sooooo, my suggestion is: be considerate. Notice the little things, anticipate some of her needs or desires, just as she did with you. Let her know you are there. The payback is huge, and then it's just the beginning of the slippery slope of being closer!

fun!

tina

edited p.s.....that doesn't mean you shouldn't take her out to dinner!! :)