PDA

View Full Version : Facebook?

OccasionalSkirt
02-21-2011, 12:25 AM
I'm really leaning towards getting a Jen a facebook account, BUT I am absolutely petrified of the consequences. I keep Jen's life and my life rather separate.

Question is: does anyone else have to keep there feminine selves separate, and how do they do it with a Facebook account?

jenny_geek72
02-21-2011, 12:31 AM
I am just starting my facebook adventure. I'm going to keep it conservative for now and keep from posting too much information and/or pictures. The plan is to keep the picture posts limited to this site (once I get the confidence to post pictures :D ). The trick for me is making sure I'm logged onto the right account before sharing anything . . . some of Jenny's posts/likes might be tough to explain to my other friends.

Good luck . . . (without sounding desperate, would love to friend more gals from this site, feel free to send me an invite. Just mention crossdressers.com. -- Jennifer Dawn : jenny_geek72@yahoo.com)

sarah_alexander
02-21-2011, 12:36 AM
I have one for Sarah and one for Scott. Sarah has a lot of followers, Scott has only a few. It is a great place to be adventurous, take pictures and explore this side of you, as well as learn how many like minded people are out there. It will blow your mind! Just set your privacy settings accordingly and enjoy!

suit
02-21-2011, 01:01 AM
i heard that there is a "HTTPS" desiganation that makes your pesonal informationa safer ?
something about if your at some bestro call your freinds on their wifi post at face book "hey blablblbalbalb comeon over"
the deal is anything that goes through the bestro's "free" wireless can be skimed for information advertizing sales uses ..??? any truth to that?

worse than big brother watching you big busiisness is watching you!

docrobbysherry
02-21-2011, 01:23 AM
I have 2 Facebook accounts. Started Robert's over a year ago. He has about 20 friends.
Started Sherry's this summer. She has about 200 friends! And, new ones coming in daily! I have NO problems with overlaps or mix ups! However, I have registered them with DIFFERENT servers as well as different addresses. Does that make a difference? Don't know!

The thing about Facebook is; u seem to be able to submit ANY PICTURES U WANT! No nudity restrictions!

But, I wonder why folks want to see ALL of Sherry so much more than a fully clothed Robert? Go figure!?

ReineD
02-21-2011, 03:26 AM
Just be sure to check your privacy settings regularly. A few years ago when I was using myspace they updated their site and some privacy settings were disabled. My SO's profile was visible to everyone for a few days and she didn't know until I told her about it.

Hopefully this won't happen with Facebook, but you never know. Mistakes do happen.

DebsUK
02-21-2011, 03:30 AM
I've got a facebook account I've got a link to at the bottom of my sig. I keep my male and female ones separate, and there's no crosstalk at all (for the forseeablle future at least. but maybe not one day...). My male FB page had a lot of friends, but Debs has quite a few considering how inactive she generally is on the site. I have noticed you do get a lot of "pervy" friend requests, by which I mean seedy guys looking for a hookup. Feel free to add me though :)

Beth Wilde
02-21-2011, 05:21 AM
I have a link in my signature too! Same goes for adding me :)

Michelle 51
02-21-2011, 05:37 AM
Michelle has her own facebook .I was defriended by one of our goody two shoes on here because she didn't like what a girl posted on my wall which was good anyway because shes a little full of herself and was using facebook like twitter and thought we needed to know her every move.I think you would like a she account.Just don't get the two mixed up.

AliceJaneInNewcastle
02-21-2011, 06:54 AM
I have a facebook account, as does my identical twin brother. :p

Our profiles are blatantly connected. I was going to say that there were about a dozen friends in common, then I checked and there are 35! :)

I tend to accept friend requests only if I can figure out where they know me from. I occasionally remove people who have added me but never interacted with me, usually after 6 months or more. It is about social networking, after all, not just collecting friends so that your friend count is huge.

By the way, there are most certainly nudity restrictions on Facebook. They include, for example, no genitals or female nipples. If someone complains about a photo (reports it), it will be checked by a facebook employee and, if inappropriate, deleted and the uploader warned. If nobody complains, the photos will remain even if they are against the rules.

Ashlee
02-21-2011, 07:31 AM
i've been thinking about making a page for Ashlee, now I see others have done similar so I'll probably go ahead.

Dawna Ellen Bays
02-21-2011, 07:34 AM
I have a separate account *kinda* connected to my Dawna persona on Facebook. I always log out of one account before logging in to the other, but my regular male profile showed up in a "People You May Know" window in my Dawna account once...

I tend to accept friend requests only if I can figure out where they know me from. I occasionally remove people who have added me but never interacted with me, usually after 6 months or more. It is about social networking, after all, not just collecting friends so that your friend count is huge.I have a friend like that. He has close to 1,100 "friends" on FB. At least 300 of them are people he doesn't know, and another 250 are inanimate/intangible objects...

Karren H
02-21-2011, 07:38 AM
I love FaceBook and have met some of the nicest people ever there. But I have a lot of women friends that I've met through a number of forums. I do have strict friendship guidelines too. See my latest friendship rant o FB. Hard enough to maintain a relationship with people... And convince them that we are not perverts when "friends" panties shot photos pop up on my page. Call me what you want... Like I could give a rats ass..... But you break my personal rules you will be defriended in a heart beat.

I get so pissed I'm not taking any more friends...

GG Kathy
02-21-2011, 07:52 AM
Just be careful if your SO does not know. I found out about my SO through friends on his page. He had linked his other self to the page and when I pulled up her profile low and behold I find a pic of my SO en femme. The good thing is I did not fly off the handle (I did freak a little at first). It gave me some time to digest what she was going through and how I wanted to deal with it. The Moral is we always know when there is another woman but we may not know who the woman is.

kristinacd55
02-21-2011, 07:53 AM
I'm really leaning towards getting a Jen a facebook account, BUT I am absolutely petrified of the consequences. I keep Jen's life and my life rather separate.

Question is: does anyone else have to keep there feminine selves separate, and how do they do it with a Facebook account?

That's funny Jen because I just really started to get going. My male facebook has tons of stuff, so I've been worried about the exact thing you're talking about. Anyway, I set my privacy settings real tight and I'm going to take it slow in the beginning and see what happens! :)

Jorja
02-21-2011, 07:54 AM
I love FaceBook and have met some of the nicest people ever there. But I have a lot of women friends that I've met through a number of forums. I do have strict friendship guidelines too. See my latest friendship rant o FB. Hard enough to maintain a relationship with people... And convince them that we are not perverts when "friends" panties shot photos pop up on my page. Call me what you want... Like I could give a rats ass..... But you break my personal rules you will be defriended in a heart beat.

Caution: wearing jeans will cause Karren to defriend you. :D

Angelofsomekind
02-21-2011, 07:58 AM
I have a f.b. account as well, it is totally seperate from my other f.b. account, I never use mine that much though.

Wendy_Marie
02-21-2011, 08:07 AM
Like the other girls have stated creating a facebook account and keeping it secret is doable...just keep a close tab on your security settings...and if you are going to post a profile pic, just keep it simple, no face shot etc.... or do as I have done and just use an avatar.I have one and mine are set to frinds only...but then again, so is the one I have set up for my male self as well.

Karren H
02-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Caution: wearing jeans will cause Karren to defriend you. :D

You can wear them I just don't want to see photos of them! Lol. :D

Personally I'm not into collecting friends... The fastest to 5000 wins!! I'm on Facebook to socialize since after all its a social network... Liking to wear the same clothing alone in not a good basis for a long tern friendship, imho. If that makes me a snob then so be it. I love chatting with my friends on FB... I have teenage girls and 70 year old grand mothers... And they are so much fun to talk to... I'm on 12+ hours a day....

divamissz
02-21-2011, 08:20 AM
I keep two separate FB accounts. I don't have common friends or interests between the two, and the privacy settings are pretty high. My "guy" account is strictly people I know personally; Zelda's is a bit looser. So far, it's worked out.

ChristiesGurl
02-21-2011, 08:28 AM
How does one find crossdressers on facebook?

AliceJaneInNewcastle
02-21-2011, 09:41 AM
How does one find crossdressers on facebook?

One way is to click on the FB links on some of the forum posts here. So far in this thread Debs, Beth, Karren and I have FB links in our posts...

Oh, and Reine, FB make changes from time to time and almost always default any changes to permissive settings that need to be tightened...

BRANDYJ
02-21-2011, 09:46 AM
I have been wanting to do a Facebook profile for Brandy, but in reading the rules, Facebook says it is against the rules to have more then one profile. When I tried to set up a new account for Brandy, after signing out of my male profile, it wanted to link the two together. I was afraid to go forward and stoped trying.

So tell me how you can get two profiles wiht no connection to each other.

Michelle 51
02-21-2011, 10:12 AM
I keep two separate FB accounts. I don't have common friends or interests between the two, and the privacy settings are pretty high. My "guy" account is strictly people I know personally; Zelda's is a bit looser. So far, it's worked out.

I agree.I have a account as a crossdresser.Thats what its about.I have another for everyday stuff.Why would someone (man)dress as a women, post a femme pic and then get upset at other crossdressers.I only want crossdressing friends on one of my accounts.and have met some wonderfull ones.Thats what we have in common.As a middle aged crossdresser I don't have much in common with 17 yr old girls and grandmothers but I respect that some may but don't try to make me fit your mold.Do what you want on your facebook.

Sarah Michelle
02-21-2011, 10:30 AM
I have as FB account as Sarah but not for my male personality...
Go figure..

BRANDYJ
02-21-2011, 10:57 AM
I have been wanting to do a Facebook profile for Brandy, but in reading the rules, Facebook says it is against the rules to have more then one profile. When I tried to set up a new account for Brandy, after signing out of my male profile, it wanted to link the two together. I was afraid to go forward and stoped trying.

So tell me how you can get two profiles wiht no connection to each other.

OK, I did it! I now have a Facebook account for Brandy and not connected to my male profile

Karren H
02-21-2011, 11:01 AM
One way is to click on the FB links on some of the forum posts here. So far in this thread Debs, Beth, Karren and I have FB links in our posts...

Oh, and Reine, FB make changes from time to time and almost always default any changes to permissive settings that need to be tightened...

Alice... Its like 3 AM tomorrow in Ozz... Shouldn't you be asleep? Lol. FB seems to make changes daily.

docrobbysherry
02-21-2011, 11:16 AM
-----------------------By the way, there are most certainly nudity restrictions on Facebook. They include, for example, no genitals or female nipples. If someone complains about a photo (reports it), it will be checked by a facebook employee and, if inappropriate, deleted and the uploader warned. If nobody complains, the photos will remain even if they are against the rules.

Interesting, Alice! I read their photo rules before posting Sherry's completely naked pics there! Couldn't find ANYTHING restricting nudity! Maybe my pics r allowed just because no one's complained? I try to keep them tasteful! So, maybe it's because everyone LIKES THEM!? Lol!

MonicaTC
02-21-2011, 11:42 AM

It's funny, my SO and I were just discussing this last night. When I get home from work I'm making a Monica page. I do plan to keep the two pages separate and be very careful with what friends go in it.

Sarah Doepner
02-21-2011, 11:44 AM
I set up a FB account for Sarah and found my system wanted me to add Dave's friends and relatives, so I deactivated the account and started over. This time I loaded Safari (Google Chrome would do as well) and used that as my internet software for all of my CD communications, Facebook, email, internet purchases, etc. There has been no bleed-over and if anyone ever uses my computer they will normally default to the Internet Explorer. No browse history or links that they will find on that side of the system.

So far so good.

Cristi
02-21-2011, 11:45 AM
I have a page for Cristi, but no friends yet. Please feel free to friend me!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000537892000

Jessica_Dillon
02-21-2011, 12:30 PM
I started Jessica's FB account last year. I do have a few friends that overlap. That does require me to pay attention to which account I'm signed into! My wife and I are not 'freinds' though because that does get a little too close to the extended family, which we're not quite ready to, or sure how to handle. I have a small group of friends, which I have come to enjoy quite a lot. I'm pretty particular about who I 'friend' as I don't want some weirdo pshyco posting inappropriate comments on my page. Had it happen once, and they met the 'unfriend' button! Just listen to Meatloaf, "I Won't do That!" Anyway, It is a good place to meet some others, and keeping them seperate is very doable. Just check, and recheck your privacy settings, as I think was mentioned earlier, they do reset sometimes.
Oh...most importantly, if Jen does get a facebook account...your more than welcome to come find me!

http://www.facebook.com/people/Jessica-Dillon/100000661700435

Stacye Rose
02-21-2011, 01:58 PM
I also have two accounts. all of Stacye's fb friends know both sides of me and I don't accept a friend request from anyone who doesn't. It's a great way to communicate with everyone who knows about Stacye, and it gives me the freedom to talk about things that I wouldn't want "his" friends to know.

CAUTION: Check your privacy settings on both accounts frequently, fb doesn't always keep your privacy in mind when they make changes
One of the ways i protect myself is that he is not on my friends list and I am not on his. It's far from any kind of security, but it does create a buffer.

kristine239
02-21-2011, 02:21 PM
I'm on facebook as kristine239. You can friend me as several of you have already done. If I can ever find out how to add this ton y contact here, I will.

ronniew
02-21-2011, 03:39 PM
i'm actually setting up a ronnie facebook as i read this.. i am so multi talented ;) the biggest and wisest way to keep them totally seperate is two different email addresses and like some others have said check and recheck the privacy settings. with two different emails, there is no way someone with your "guy" or in my case my "girl" email to find me doing an email search.

LitaKelley
02-21-2011, 03:48 PM
I have two as well.. one for birth name and one for the girl me. I have friended my self connecting the two and on my girl profile did friend several people I know whom are friended on the other profile whom know about me being me and I have not run into any problems.

If anyone wants to add me, http://www.facebook.com/lita.kelley

DebsUK
02-21-2011, 04:25 PM
I'm on facebook as kristine239. You can friend me as several of you have already done. If I can ever find out how to add this ton y contact here, I will.

Hi Kristine, I can't find kristine239. :)

crusadergirl
02-21-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm on facebook as well just look up my name. Most people will never figure out thats me anyways so having 2 profiles is good.

CamillaCD
02-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Fortunately I am out to everyone. I have an account in Bob mode, but I have added pictures of Camilla.

helena.gcd
02-21-2011, 04:32 PM
i have two accounts and they are not connected.
i also have two users defined in all my computers so I only enter on my account and my twin brother his own.

ronniew
02-21-2011, 04:34 PM
ok have my facebook set up : https://www.facebook.com/ronnie.wagner64 hope that's the right link. i have it set to real private so please if you ask me to be a friend let me know you are from CD's :)

OccasionalSkirt
02-21-2011, 05:30 PM
I set up a FB account for Sarah and found my system wanted me to add Dave's friends and relatives, so I deactivated the account and started over. This time I loaded Safari (Google Chrome would do as well) and used that as my internet software for all of my CD communications, Facebook, email, internet purchases, etc. There has been no bleed-over and if anyone ever uses my computer they will normally default to the Internet Explorer. No browse history or links that they will find on that side of the system.

So far so good.

I like this idea! I've always feared I'll lend my computer to someone and that they'll find my bookmarks...I think I'll get Google Chrome and try it out. If it works well, Jen is entering the scary world of Facebook :)

Suzette Muguet de Mai
02-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Nope, not me. I was never one to follow the crowd anyway:)

monica.missil
02-21-2011, 06:40 PM
I have a male fb on explorer and my female on Google chrome, seems to help me from getting confused.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?viewas=100000686899395

NathalieX66
02-21-2011, 09:30 PM
I also have two FB pages...one guy & one girl page.

I, uh....slipped one of my girl photos into my guy fb page, and got lots of compliments, nothing negative and no friends dropped. The conversations actually enhanced the bonding with some old friends. This was something I felt I had to do, mainly for personal reasons, that being that I really don't want to live life completely in the closet, nor do I want to keep such a thing secret, then have it blow up on me later on. I posted the pic with the full intention of accepting the consequences good or bad. My friends saw me dressed as a woman......well what more can they expect of me? They are now well aware of this side of me, and I'm not living a lie.

The main reasons I keep the pages separate is me trying to be discreet.

AliceJaneInNewcastle
02-21-2011, 11:51 PM
Interesting, Alice! I read their photo rules before posting Sherry's completely naked pics there! Couldn't find ANYTHING restricting nudity! Maybe my pics r allowed just because no one's complained? I try to keep them tasteful! So, maybe it's because everyone LIKES THEM!? Lol!

https://www.facebook.com/terms.php?ref=pf

Section 3, and clause 7 in particular.

Even breast feeding photos, where the nipple has been completely obscured by the baby's head, have been deleted due to complaints from religious types!

If you restrict access to the photos so that nobody who would complain gets to see them, you'll never have a problem. ;)

Yolanda_Voils
02-22-2011, 12:36 AM
As Monica said, use different Browsers,
however I suggest NEVER using Internet Explorer, too many holes.

Instead use Mozilla Firefox, Opera, or SeaMonkey
SeaMonkey Browser (http://www.seamonkey-project.org/)
Get Opera & Firefox Here (http://downloads.zdnet.com/)

Get a good free firewall here, Kerio Tiny Personal Firewall
Last Freeware Version (http://www.321download.com/LastFreeware/alphabetically.html)

And last and most importantly, a IP Adress privatizer
Free->> Hide AND change your IP address (http://www.cantbustme.com/ip-20)
Tor, Anonymity Online (https://www.torproject.org/)

For $30 Hide My IP Address (http://www.hide-my-ip.com/)

Don't know if any of the last 3 are better than the other, but anything beats this->>

"You are currently using IP address (71.94.312.412) and proxy server 38"

I use Opera 9.25 as it works better with my dial-up
for my enfemme links

I use Firefox for my business needs
Just started using SeaMonkey, review pending

Kerio Tiny Personal firewall is great, check for operating system requirements first, don't know if it works with Windows 7 or Vista

WendyD
02-22-2011, 01:08 AM
I have a FaceBook account for Wendy. It's easy to keep it seperate. I have friends form this forum. Find me, be my friend.

Sophie86
02-22-2011, 01:14 AM
I like this idea! I've always feared I'll lend my computer to someone and that they'll find my bookmarks...I think I'll get Google Chrome and try it out. If it works well, Jen is entering the scary world of Facebook :)

A note about that: Be sure not to open up your regular account with the same browser. My mom appeared as a friend suggestion on Sophie's account. The only possible connection was that I had used the same browser for both accounts.

I don't know if Sophie has appeared as a friend suggestion for my mom. Maybe it doesn't work that way. Got my fingers crossed. :)

AliceJaneInNewcastle
02-22-2011, 02:35 AM
This is a time when I find using Linux very handy. I have separate accounts for my personas. I log into the computer using one account and run firefox directly there, and use ssh (secure shell) to log into the other (ssh -Y alice@localhost), then start a separate copy of firefox from the command line. That way, I can have 2 separate copies of firefox running on different desktops at all times. :)

Also, if you want to create a new email address that has no connection to an existing one, create it on live.com. It's the only site I've ever found that will allow the creation of a new email account without having to supply another email address to enable it. Once you have created an account there, you can use it as the "other" email address to create an account on google, yahoo, etc.

luludoll
02-22-2011, 02:56 AM
here's one thing that bothers me about fb it picks up your friends associated with the email provided, which sucks cos even if u don't friend those peeps you still show up on the "people you might know list..."

had to make a clean email address that's not linked to the boy in my life lol.

Kate Simmons
02-22-2011, 04:50 AM
I had two separate feminine FB accounts but there was so much silliness, games and requests, etc. I decided to get rid of them as I had better things to do then pussyfoot around on that all day.:)

stingmustang
02-22-2011, 05:50 AM
i have been on fb for a while for my female self along with my male profile and have not had any problems with mix ups. like others have said just watch your settings and if you need to use a different browser for both sides to keep from having problems. i have a log of friends on fb that crossdress

feel free to add me if you like on there just let me know your from this site and i will help you meet others also

http://www.facebook.com/missd.r.martin

Amanda22
02-22-2011, 07:42 AM
Nope, not me. I was never one to follow the crowd anyway:)

Same here. If I have time to check CD.com every couple of days for interesting threads, I'm doing well. I don't know how people have time for hours on FB. They must be better time managers than me! I'm always working, thankfully.

Rianna Humble
02-22-2011, 11:45 AM

I don't since I deleted my old account, but for about a year to 18 months, I had to keep everything completely separate.

The first rule is to use a different email address and telephone number for your femme self to the one that you use for your drab self.

Next, do not friend your drab self and your femme self.

If you have friends who know both sides of you, agree which side they will friend on facebook. I had three people came into this category, so I accepted their request as me and deleted the friendship with him.

If someone still manages to follow through by checking out friends of friends, you must decide how much you trust them. If they are already a friend to your drab self, either don't accept or see rule 3.

If you want to put pictures on your femme account, make sure they do not look to much like your drab self.

Don't put giveaway information such as schools and workplaces on your femme profile.

With no common links, how is someone going to know that you are him and he is you?

Sarah Coleman
02-22-2011, 11:56 AM
I don't since I deleted my old account, but for about a year to 18 months, I had to keep everything completely separate.

The first rule is to use a different email address and telephone number for your femme self to the one that you use for your drab self.

Next, do not friend your drab self and your femme self.

If you have friends who know both sides of you, agree which side they will friend on facebook. I had three people came into this category, so I accepted their request as me and deleted the friendship with him.

If someone still manages to follow through by checking out friends of friends, you must decide how much you trust them. If they are already a friend to your drab self, either don't accept or see rule 3.

If you want to put pictures on your femme account, make sure they do not look to much like your drab self.

Don't put giveaway information such as schools and workplaces on your femme profile.

With no common links, how is someone going to know that you are him and he is you?

Excellent advice, Rianna.

Michelle.M
02-22-2011, 12:31 PM
Well, in as much a I am in the process of transition I am also transitioning all of my various web presences as well. All but a few of my male web identities are gone (I need the few that remain for work and legal stuff, at least until I have a legal name change), and the only FB account I have is as Michelle.

I think you can mitigate adverse consequences by having strict privacy settings, but I also keep some of my personal details vague to prevent accidental outing until I am ready to out myself.

silhouette
02-22-2011, 12:34 PM

Awesome. You're entertaining as always. friends panties shots lol.
I would friend you on facebook, but I'm probably too much of a ***** :heehee:

All of my *****ish displays are out in public though, involving other people. I would never do anything like panty shots on fb :doh:
I am not in any sort of closet and have a bunch of my RL friends on my account

Christina89
02-22-2011, 06:01 PM
i have a facebook account for my male side and female side

Cassandra Lynn
02-22-2011, 06:26 PM
I know people who have been friends all through H.S. and college and live in the same general area who chat by phone, text and social networking and haven't bothered to get together face to face for months on end. And frankly it shows in everyday society, we have lost the will to be social humans except for when safely behind 4 walls.

Don't get me wrong, i understand the value for staying in touch with folks in the next time zone, but we are so rediculously leashed to electronic gadgets these days it is sad.

I was convinced to go on FB once, fresh out of rehab, the first 10 people who popped up on the screen were friends from H.S. who i used and drank with, that lasted all of ten minutes. I've never went back. And since being on the CD/TG community forums i bet i've read more than a dozen threads about people getting outed.

Sorry, rant over, you all have fun and best of luck. I like talking face to face with folks.
Cassie

Fab Karen
02-22-2011, 07:52 PM
note: tin-foil hat is not required for using FB.

docrobbysherry
02-22-2011, 08:44 PM
---------------------- Hard enough to maintain a relationship with people... And convince them that we are not perverts when "friends" panties shot photos pop up on my page. I get so pissed I'm not taking any more friends...

Which is why Sherry only wears panties on THIS site! NOT on FB!:D

AKAMichelle
02-22-2011, 11:28 PM
I closed my male account to make sure I didn't screw things up. I have had no trouble with my Michelle facebook account.

faltenrock
02-23-2011, 04:53 AM
I would be very very careful with these accounts and especially pictures. As far as I know, the provider usually receives ownership on the pics. You'll never be able to track the pictures where they went.

Rianna Humble
02-23-2011, 05:51 AM
Personally I'm not into collecting friends... The fastest to 5000 wins!! I'm on Facebook to socialize since after all its a social network... Liking to wear the same clothing alone in not a good basis for a long tern friendship, imho.

I'm with you there. My fb friends list is pruned on a fairly regular basis.

I also put a note on my profile asking people to say why they want to "friend" me. This apparently upset someone who - without mentioning that they knew me through cd.com - expected me to know why they had sent me the request. IMNSHO if someone can't be bothered to pay the courtesy of a straight reply to a polite question, they are not likely to be the sort of person I want as an fb friend.

One thing I do, which may or may not be different to Karren is I check my friends list to see if I have been neglecting a friendship.

Dawna Ellen Bays
02-23-2011, 06:29 AM
note: tin-foil hat is not required for using FB.

LOL! Best thing I've read this week!

5150 Girl
02-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Wynonna has a FB account, my evil twin does not. I hope to put "him" away for good one day anyway...

silhouette
02-23-2011, 07:57 PM
oh here we go, on my facebook info

job title: Artist
job description: Primarily dancing and blowjobs

lmao

lilmissjenny
02-23-2011, 08:23 PM
i have a facebook page. if anyone wants to add me, message me and i will give you the link to my page (which is private).

AriannaH
02-23-2011, 09:55 PM
I have a fb account...Arianna Heels, mention this forum in the add request.

BiancaEstrella
02-24-2011, 01:11 PM
To this point I've managed to make do with one Facebook account and Dani's photos only available to a handful of people. I may consider doing a second Facebook account, but I'm wary of that "Friends You May Know" feature.

JeanneF
02-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Like others have said, be careful with what browsers and email you use if you juggle two facebook accounts (and especially if your SO, kids, etc use your computer).

I've chosen not to have a FB account for Lisa. I had a Myspace for her years ago, but that's when I was single and was using the account to find people to socialize with. However, I have had more than a few of my transgender friends' girl accounts show up in my "suggested friends" with my male account. The only reason this would happen (I assume) is because we've exchanged emails through my gmail account (I long ago got rid of my "girl" account and just consolidated...since I'm out to my SO and friends there's no reason to have a double life anymore).

Not trying to make anyone paranoid, but if you're concerned about the risk of being outed, Facebook is about as public of a place as it can get...WAY worse than Myspace was.

DebsUK
02-24-2011, 05:09 PM
I was thinking about this, after I first replied. I still maintain a fire wall between my male and female and have no crosstalk, but I was thinking about if I did make a mistake and realised it would be all or nothing. On my male FB I have close friends from several different spheres, workmates, schoolfriends and family members. I'd be well and truly outed if that was to happen LOL (I do have a link to my female Second Life avatar though, but she's a comedian in SL so, apart from the fact that she is a short, redhaired smart mouth, there is nothing to connect us LOL)

Rianna Humble
02-24-2011, 06:08 PM
I have had more than a few of my transgender friends' girl accounts show up in my "suggested friends" with my male account. The only reason this would happen (I assume) is because we've exchanged emails through my gmail account

Well, yes, if you feed email addresses to facebook, their server will try to match those email addresses and present them to you as people you might know. The server cannot tell that the email address you gave it is one that you would rather not associate with the account you used to upload the address.

I ran two accounts for roughly 18 months and the only cross-pollination was where people knew both sides of me already. As stated above, I accepted all three as Rianna then deleted their friendship with Robert. Once the link to Robert was broken, no-one could use them to find me accidentally.

PretzelGirl
02-24-2011, 11:11 PM
I keep mine well separated as they are run under different OSs. I run Linux on my laptop or Linux under Windows on my desktop. Linux is for Sue, ugly Windows for him. But my biggest thing with Facebook is work is to never know anything. And I just don't mean about my CDing, I don't friend anyone from work. Just don't want to go there.

Patrice_CD
02-24-2011, 11:53 PM
I just signed up on fb using Google Chrome and everything seems to work.

eluuzion
02-25-2011, 12:55 AM
I realize that when it comes to "privacy" many people believe that "having false hope is better than having no hope at all". So, for what it is worth, here is a 2011 version of the "top 10 Facebook privacy settings every user needs to know"...

http://daaaveeeee.wordpress.com/2011/02/09/the-10-facebook-privacy-settings-you-need-to-know/

:love:

NathalieX66
02-27-2011, 10:41 PM
If it's any consolation for anyone, today ended up on a good note for me. I met up with an old childhood friend of mine today, who is on my guy FB page of which I posted some pics of me en femme, that everyone in the world has now seen, and her exact comment was "I adore your coming out photos", as she called it (these are her words) ...which she said right out of the blue.....and she is right. They are my "coming out" photos come to think of it.

I did not force Nathalie on anyone or proclaimed "guess what everyone! I'm a crossdresser/transgender!", I merely posted a couple of pics, and got a bunch of comments back. All were positive/none were negative. No friends dropped. Whatever bad, I can live with and accept.

Torrey
02-27-2011, 11:11 PM
I have one for each of us. Whereas my "guy" profile has a lot of privacy restrictions, Torrey's has none as of yet. It does not bother me to get some odd friend requests, and my posts basically follow my moods and personalities (i.e. more from Torrey when I'm in girl mode). I don't think there are any rules to this...just using the privacy settings to keep yourself comfortable.

nicoletta_cd
02-27-2011, 11:27 PM
i have one and i am sorta excited about possibly passing the number of friends on my guy site :-) !!!

Shelly67
02-28-2011, 02:20 AM
I won't pop Shelly on Facebook for one reason - in the UK it's a known fact employers snoop on the site looking for certain behaviour . Infact it even made our local freebie weekend paper last year , the story of a local person being found out taking undue sick leave thru facebook snooping. Apparently the person concerned had all her account set to a private level too, it just goes to show , no matter how careful you are , in one way or another big brother is watching . Its probably a knee jerk reaction , but in todays world it's getting pathetically hard to trust anyone ........... and delicate information is often used as an iron fist in a silken glove .

nikkijo
02-28-2011, 04:06 AM
i had 2 myspve accounts... still hve them but fb is all one.... nd is going to sty that way.... nikki is more me now anyway...

KELLYANN
02-28-2011, 07:15 AM
Facebook? No. The entire world doesn't need to know about my life. Google already does!!!

StarrOfDelite
02-28-2011, 11:09 AM
I have been wanting to do a Facebook profile for Brandy, but in reading the rules, Facebook says it is against the rules to have more then one profile. When I tried to set up a new account for Brandy, after signing out of my male profile, it wanted to link the two together. I was afraid to go forward and stoped trying.So tell me how you can get two profiles wiht no connection to each other.

Did you set up a new email account before trying to establish your feminine profile? The FB computer won't let a person establish more than one profile per email address. I don't think they limit profiles based on the computer ID number, however, since that would prevent husband/wife/children using a shared computer from establishing individual accounts. I'd suggest that if your male profile is based on Yahoo, for example, that you establish a GMail or Hotmail account for Brandy and use it to start your FB profile.