PDA

View Full Version : Irritated Skin

AnnaCalliope
02-21-2011, 12:09 PM
So I got a brand new pair of PALS TRS4s from my SO for Valentines Day, and while its possibly one of the best gifts I've ever received, after a week and a half of almost constant wear I've ended up with a skin rash not unlike sunburn on my chest area. It has been getting rather warm here despite the time of year, and I've been sweating a bit more due to having the forms in my bra. I've done my best to keep the area clean from regular bathing and using copious amounts of baby powder to keep them dry. I stopped wearing them for a couple days, and the dead skin flaked off just like sunburn. I'm just trying to find out if I have super sensitive skin or if there's some special method to keep everything dry and in check, even on those blistering summer days.

Melissa Jill
02-21-2011, 12:13 PM
It could be some sort of allergic reaction.

Elle1946
02-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Do they have any latex in them, if so it could be a latex reaction.

Phoebe Reece
02-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Anna Marie,

You might want to try putting your forms in a bra that has built-in pockets. That will put some fabric between the forms and your skin which will wick away any moisture. The pockets will also keep the forms positioned where they should be. Although they are not advertised as "pocket-bras", Playtex makes two different ones that have the pockets. I use both models and have them in several colors. See: http://www.justmysize.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product__11151_-1_11002_80356_13005 and http://www.justmysize.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product__11151_-1_11002_88125_13005

Gina X
02-21-2011, 07:48 PM
I have a similar reaction to "stay up" stockings that have a silicon band in the top to grip the leg. I haven't found a cure except to wear non silicon band stockings, they are available, but don't stay up as well..........

PretzelGirl
02-22-2011, 08:54 PM
I have two pair and am a bit of a sweater (not the top). I seem to remember the manufacturer recommending talc and that may be a better solution that baby powder as I wouldn't think it will "paste" up as easy and should then create less friction from rubbing.

Shari
02-23-2011, 06:39 AM
What did you wear before you got the new forms?
Seems to me that's the only answer for you.

Roberta Marie
02-23-2011, 08:59 AM
I agree that there may be, if not an allergic reaction, a sensitivity to something in the forms. You mentioned that you keep your skin clean, but you also need to make sure to clean the forms with some mild soap and water. There are also some over the counter remedies for rashes that may help.

sonna
02-23-2011, 09:12 AM
try putting your form's in some panty hose or something so they don't touch your skin directly.