PDA

View Full Version : I'm Worried

BillieJoEllen
02-21-2011, 01:24 PM
I'm worried. I'll be having surgery next week and I'm worried that I might say some things about my CDing when coming out of the anesthetic. I did that the last time and there were quite a few nurses that gave me 'those looks'. One in particular. She seemed to have quite a bit of fun at my expense. I don't want to go through that again. Any advice?

Melissa Jill
02-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Nurses & Doctors have seen/heard a lot worse and stranger things. I would think that a man admitting to crossdressing would border on the dull side for them.

Debglam
02-21-2011, 02:05 PM
BillieJo,

You really have nothing to worry about other than getting well! Any incoherent babble coming out of anesthesia is absolutely meaningless and even if they COULD understand anything you were saying you are coming out of a chemically altered "dream" state. Nothing you could possibly say could be attributed to the "real" you! Really, nothing to worry about.

Get Well Soon,
Debby

Stephanie Miller
02-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Have you seen or heard from any of those nurses since then? Anything happen to you because of it? Didn't think so. So why put all this time and effort into worry now. Just go and get better with the additional knowledge that your gibberish may help liven up some nurses otherwise stressful day.

Karren H
02-21-2011, 03:07 PM
If you having GRS then maybe they already know??

I've been under for some surgery and I figure they noticed my fully shaved body so they probably figured it out... I wouldn't worry...

Jessica_Dillon
02-21-2011, 03:17 PM
If you having GRS then maybe they already know??

LOL I was totally thinking the same thing!

I've been under for some surgery and I figure they noticed my fully shaved body so they probably figured it out... I wouldn't worry...

Shoot, I just had an annual physical required for work. They certainly noticed the same thing, not to mention having painted toenails. Don't sweat it, BillieJo. To the Docs and Nurses...it's really nothing.

sissystephanie
02-21-2011, 04:06 PM
I took care of that particular problem some time ago. All my current doctors (4 of them!) know that I am a CD, so if I talk about it while I am really out of it no big deal. Besides, as has been said they probably have heard almost everything anyway!!

BTW,like Karren and others I have a shaved body, painted finger and toe nails! What else do they need?

Joanne f
02-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Over here one of the standard questions they ask before surgery is " do you have any makeup or nail varnish on "
they are not asking it just to be funny so don`t worry they are use to babbling .

Eryn
02-21-2011, 05:03 PM
I'm worried. I'll be having surgery next week and I'm worried that I might say some things about my CDing when coming out of the anesthetic. I did that the last time and there were quite a few nurses that gave me 'those looks'. One in particular. She seemed to have quite a bit of fun at my expense. I don't want to go through that again. Any advice?

If that nurse was indeed having fun at your expense then she has committed a serious breach of professional ethics. A pointed question about her intent would not be inappropriate in that situation and would put her on notice that her behavior was not acceptable. Be sure, though, that you are not seeing something that is not there.

Elle1946
02-21-2011, 05:25 PM
Damn, I had a really wild dream while I was under. Did I say anything??

AnnaCalliope
02-21-2011, 05:32 PM

Said nurse was probably just jealous that her boyfriend wasn't as in touch with his femme side as you are.

linda allen
02-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Nurses & Doctors have seen/heard a lot worse and stranger things. I would think that a man admitting to crossdressing would border on the dull side for them.

True, but if your wife or best friend is in the room? :eek:

Brenda456
02-21-2011, 05:42 PM
My daughter is a nurse. She tells me she wants to be there if I ever get a colonoscopy, because she wants to hear what I might say. So far, I haven't had the colonoscopy!

Sarah Doepner
02-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Brenda. Don't put off the colonoscopy because of potential embarrassment. My wife has been fighting that now for nearly 5 years and I'll be honest that I'd rather babble about my crossdressing as I come out of the anesthesia than have the cancer. The same goes for just about any medical procedure. I'd much rather be embarrassed than have long term medical problems

donnatracey
02-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Well said, Sarah - do not put it off! I did so for a few years and then finally had the procedure and it was over before I knew it (and have a healthy colon too!). As far as I know I did not babble about anything "embarrassing"....:heehee:

Of course, my legs were not shaved then and my toe nails were not painted.....:o

scherylnmke
02-21-2011, 10:02 PM
I used to worry about that too. And after having a few surgeries and no fall out I figure, who cares! Besides after having to go through HIPA (Health Information Protection Act)training and finding out you can get into trouble for talking about patients, even if it's that you saw them at the hospital or clinic, even if you don't mention their name. So I'm sure even if you you do they probably don't care.
Scheryl

juno
02-21-2011, 10:41 PM
My daughter is a nurse. She tells me she wants to be there if I ever get a colonoscopy, because she wants to hear what I might say. So far, I haven't had the colonoscopy!
Just do the colonoscopy without anasthesia. I recently did one drug free just because I think it is better to avoid drugs if you really don't need them. It was very uncomfortable, but not untolerable, and no recovery time. I'm going drug free next time. You can also go with just pain killer and stay awake.

As for toe nail polish, I always put on a fresh coat before a doctor visit.

Stephanie47
02-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Wait until you get old and feeble minded and run around the nursing home in a dress! "There goes Mr. Billie in his high heels, again!" Just have your relatives visit you on Mother's Day!

Chickhe
02-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Excuses, excuses... stop making them and get in there. No one is going to make fun of you.

donnatracey
02-22-2011, 02:19 AM
Just do the colonoscopy without anasthesia. I recently did one drug free just because I think it is better to avoid drugs if you really don't need them. It was very uncomfortable, but not untolerable, and no recovery time. I'm going drug free next time. You can also go with just pain killer and stay awake.

As for toe nail polish, I always put on a fresh coat before a doctor visit.

Didn't know you could have one w/o being knocked out! Not sure why you'd want to - the only problem is you need a chaperone to drive you home. Actually, it felt kind of good and not being "very uncomfortable" was a real bonus. I had the flex scope check done previously while awake and that was uncomfortable, can only imagine the full scope....ughhh......:sad:

Persephone
02-22-2011, 03:31 AM

The only thing that you could say that would probably really upset the colonoscopy folks would be "Oh Sh__!" That's not high on their list of favorites.

Otherwise, I agree with the others, get it done!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Gerrijerry
02-22-2011, 05:43 AM
I have to agree with the others. I had surgery not CD or TS related. I was treated very nicely and no one cared about anything except how i was doing. Believe me they knew what I am. It is obvious. And I repeat nothing was said or implied.

DAVIDA
02-22-2011, 05:55 AM
I have had so many operations!:doh:
They tell you at pre-op to wear loose clothing. No pantyhose or high heels along with no jewelry or nail polish.:straightface:
The last time, I said " I guess that I will wear a skirt!:heehee:
Upon waking up in recovery, I usually ask how bad I cussed the nurses!:eek:

As others have said, they don't care!:)
If you are having a colonoscopy, be sure to ask for a copy of the video!:D

eluuzion
02-22-2011, 07:19 AM
Just draft up a request to be chained to the operating table with a gag in your mouth. Think of the money you will save on the anesthesiology charges! You could use the money you save to buy some new outfits and shoes!

I think that if anybody was "listening" to you babble when you were out, they would be more interested in hearing your bank account PIN numbers and combinations to your safe, than any CD adventures in your life...:heehee:

You don't hear many stories about operating room assistants blackmailing people with stuff they uttered when they were under do you? Although it would be a good case for an episode of "Monk" (if the show was still in production).

How about a conspiracy theory, like all of the anesthesiologists are really working for that ex-con clown on the info-mercials that keeps pumping out those "Secrets the whatever does not want you to know" scam books. They tape all the patients CD secrets when they are under and then sell them to that YO-YO to put into his books. One of these info-mercials he will be sitting around the table with all of those losers, er, ah, I mean "beautiful intellectual Mensa models", hawking his new book..."Crossdressing secrets the CD community does not want you to know"

Then again, maybe those folks in the operating room are more focused on your procedure and trying not to leave any forceps or hemostats inside your body... instead of listening for juicy CD gossip to share with co-workers around the bio-hazard waste receptacle during their break...:heehee:

How often do you think you will be running into any of those folks again anyway?
:hugs:

You will be just fine...just don't forget to pay your insurance premiums...
:love:

BillieJoEllen
02-22-2011, 08:18 AM
Thanks to all you ladies for your answers and insights. As usual Karen has a unique perspective. Sorry to say its not GRS. I have had a colonoscopy under sedation and can remember quite a bit of the procedure. It was the surgery following the colonoscopy that I had that caused me the grief. I do live in a smaller town and my wife is part of the nursing profession here. Wife is very unaccepting and I'd sure hate to have anything I said get back to her especially if I didn't know what I was saying.