PDA

View Full Version : Good news/Bad news

linda allen
02-21-2011, 05:44 PM
The good news is, my wife is planning on going out of town for a few days in about a month so I have my chance to go out dressed. :)

The bad news is she lost weight and gave away all her jeans that fit me. :sad:

I'll think of something.

Sarah Doepner
02-21-2011, 05:58 PM
You may have to stay in skirts.
Try and lose the same amount of weight your wife did.
Finally, shopping has a nice sound to it.

Wait, did you say Jeans? I'll leave that part to Karren.

Cynthia Anne
02-21-2011, 06:32 PM
The good news is fine! The bad news is why in Sam Hill would you want to wear jeans!??

Fran Moore
02-21-2011, 06:35 PM
Sounds like it might be the perfect time to go out and do a little shopping for yourself........

Karren H
02-21-2011, 06:52 PM
You may have to stay in skirts.
Try and lose the same amount of weight your wife did.
Finally, shopping has a nice sound to it.

Wait, did you say Jeans? I'll leave that part to Karren.

I'm totally not seeing the bad news part here!!! Lol. My god woman. You wait for your wife to leave so you can dress like a woman who dresses like a man?? Ekkkkkkkk.

Marie-Elise
02-21-2011, 06:59 PM
I'm totally not seeing the bad news part here!!! Lol. My god woman. You wait for your wife to leave so you can dress like a woman who dresses like a man?? Ekkkkkkkk.

Exactly...now go find a long wool skirt and go shopping.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
02-21-2011, 07:03 PM
Its a good time to get the new fashion in Jeans. Any excuse to update is good enough.

Being Paige
02-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Jeans? Forget about them

JohnH
02-21-2011, 07:18 PM
I agree. Forget about jeans or any pants for that matter. I am currently wearing almost everything in drab except for a denim skirt that is the same length as shorts. I'm wearing a man's T shirt. I have 5 denim skirts and only two shorts, and I wear the skirts in the summertime with everything else en homme instead of shorts.

Johanna

OccasionalSkirt
02-21-2011, 07:24 PM

Concur. If you're going to the effort to do something different, go all the way!

Rogina B
02-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Jeans are for BOYS! Don't you get it? lol

sissystephanie
02-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Well, I do wear jeans when raking leaves or crawling under the car to fix something!! But for your situation...........skirts are definitely in order!! Anything else, unless it is a dress, would really be out of place. Have fun and take pictures!!

linda allen
02-22-2011, 08:23 AM
The good news is fine! The bad news is why in Sam Hill would you want to wear jeans!??
Hairy legs for one thinng.

I can pad the hips and rear and the jeans will even it out. Stretch pants (which will fit), show the "lumps".

Keep in mind:
Nobody knows
First time out

Roberta Marie
02-22-2011, 08:39 AM
I have to agree that you need you own clothes, but probably for a slightly different reason. While it is possible that you may never get caught, I think that there is a good chance that your wife will eventually find out. Getting caught wearing her clothes may only compound a bad situation. Many women feel violated that their husband rummages through her closet and dresser and wears her clothes.

As for the hairy legs, try leggings, which are currently back in style, or some of those heavy cable knit, fuzzy tights.

Cynthia Anne
02-22-2011, 09:10 AM
Hairy legs for one thinng.

I can pad the hips and rear and the jeans will even it out. Stretch pants (which will fit), show the "lumps".

Keep in mind:
Nobody knows
First time out

I understand! Have fun!!

Holly
02-22-2011, 09:26 AM
The bad news is that your wife lost some weight? Kind of selfish thinking, don't you think? :straightface:

JohnH
02-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Linda,

Shave your legs! Nobody will even notice that you have shaved them, or at least very few people.

Johanna

linda allen
02-22-2011, 12:04 PM
Linda,

Shave your legs! Nobody will even notice that you have shaved them, or at least very few people.

Johanna

I suspect my wife will.

She sometimes goes out of town but when it's warm and long sleeves and jeans would look odd. It should still be cool this time and I have the top, but not the "bottom".

linda allen
02-22-2011, 12:05 PM
The bad news is that your wife lost some weight? Kind of selfish thinking, don't you think? :straightface:

The bad news is not that she lost the weight, it's that she gave away the jeans.

Pythos
02-22-2011, 12:18 PM
I am so glad all the stuff I wear is mine. It is more likely my GG will rummage through MY closet for items of clothing.

Loni
02-22-2011, 12:25 PM
i say go shopping for some skirts for your self...maybe your wife will want you to loan them to her?

jeans are nice. but skirts are just so much better.

Christie ann
02-22-2011, 12:34 PM
I agree it is shopping time.

Chari
02-22-2011, 12:38 PM
As others have said, "get your own wardrobe"! You need items that fit YOU in your style, color, etc. Observe what other GGs are wearing for fashion in your size/age group to get ideas as to what looks good with what, then go shopping, enjoy the experience, and only in a last effort - barrow anything from your wife - and ONLY if you have her permission!

Marcia63
02-22-2011, 01:27 PM
The best thing is to get your own clothes!

Half of my half of the wardrobe has my frocks, skirts, blouses etc.. My wife and I were talking about her updating some of her clothes, I aksed if I could have any she didn't want? she said no, that was a bit wiered!

Marcia
xxx

Jenna J
02-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Good luck to you... and I agree, you need your own wardrobe.

christinac
02-22-2011, 05:56 PM
I agree with all of those who say go shopping. As far as hairy legs, shave them. I've shaved mine for about two years now and have been out in public in shorts on several occasions and no one except for maybe one or two ever seemed to notice or at least kept it to them self if the did notice.

Ann Thomas
02-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Considering your situation, and the apparent need to go shopping, it might be best to go to a second hand store, like Goodwill for the clothes you need. That way you're not out much money if you have to dispose of the clothes afterwards. I shop at those types of stores frequently and, although I get looks from women there, I ignore them. I go dressed either male or female.

What the other girls posted here about jeans is historically very true. My family came to the western US via the Oregon Trail in the 1870's, and the women on the Trail never wore those long dresses shown in pictures (which were for the most part posed in their best) or in the movies (we know how accurate they can be!) Long dresses and skirts would get horribly dusty and muddy in a matter of hours. So, they usually dressed in their husband's jeans on a daily basis, and wouldn't be caught posing for a picture in them as it was too manly for them to me remembered that way.

I wear women's jeans almost all the time, no matter what mode I'm in and almost no one notices. They've noticed at work, but don't comment much about it. So if you go out in women's jeans, be sure to wear a top that's clearly girly - that's what gets noticed if you're in jeans.

Good luck! Have fun! I remember my first time and it was exhilarating yet scarey. It was after a few times out that I figured out it was all in my head - that is, how one carries oneself is all that matters. It's much like method acting, but drawing from within yourself who you really are. If you are nervous and scared of people's reactions, you will get responses you won't like. But, if you are confident and accept yourself, you'll be fine!

Hugs,
Ann

Fab Karen
02-22-2011, 07:39 PM
Jeans? She did you a favor.

PretzelGirl
02-22-2011, 09:42 PM
I agree with the Goodwill suggestions. Go and buy your wife's jeans and then they will be yours (as it should be). Win-Win.

linda allen
02-23-2011, 09:13 AM
I think Goodwill is my option at this point.

Some of us here are out to everyone, some out to wives or Gfs, and some deep in the closet. I can't shave my legs, my wife would notice. I can't ask for her old clothes, she would want to know why. Anything I buy I will have to hide or discard afterwards.

I've already considered the advice on telling her, but it's not going to happen anytime soon. There's too much to lose. It's a personal decision. It works for some people, not for others. I can't walk in another person's shoes and they can't walk in mine (figuratively speaking). :heehee:

Thanks for the help.

BTW: My wife seldom wears skirts and never wears dresses. Shorts in the summer, jeans in the winter. Nice tops though.