PDA

View Full Version : Shaving bumps

jolien
09-21-2005, 05:08 PM
Hello ladies. I am a little nervous, as this is my first thread that I have started. I just know that someone is going to tell me that this has been discussed over and over, but I needed some help.
I have just started shaving my legs for the winter. This is only the second time I have ever shaved them. Simply exhilerating!! :) Anyway, my problem is that I am getting bumps on the inner thigh area. I think they are probably ingrown hairs or something, but they are very tender. I don't know if I should powder the area, put lotion on it, or just leave it alone. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sweet Jeanette
09-21-2005, 07:08 PM
Hello ladies. I am a little nervous, as this is my first thread that I have started. I just know that someone is going to tell me that this has been discussed over and over, but I needed some help.
I have just started shaving my legs for the winter. This is only the second time I have ever shaved them. Simply exhilerating!! :) Anyway, my problem is that I am getting bumps on the inner thigh area. I think they are probably ingrown hairs or something, but they are very tender. I don't know if I should powder the area, put lotion on it, or just leave it alone. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sounds like razor burn to me! --- Bumps will come with that. --- The skin on the inner-thigh is very sensitive! What kind of razor are you using? - The old-fashioned double-edged ones will do this. --- Try using a - more expensive - womens razor, with a "lotion based" soap. --- They are ment for tender skin, and you must admit; --- a womans skin is tender! --- After the shave, a soothing body lotion will help keep tender skin soft and moist. :)

Honey GG
09-21-2005, 09:34 PM
Try putting some hydracortazone creme on the shaved area and I have started using hair conditioner instead of shaving cream for shaving. Works great.

Honey

Tiffy
09-21-2005, 09:41 PM
Try putting some hydracortazone creme on the shaved area and I have started using hair conditioner instead of shaving cream for shaving. Works great.

Honey

I just started using conditioner as well. About a week or so ago. And I agree that it seems to work very well.

Kisses, April

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-21-2005, 10:25 PM
I have started using hair conditioner instead of shaving cream for shaving.

Hair conditioner works well. It's got lots of moisterizer in it, so it softens up the hair nicely. BTW, moisterizer is the secret ingredient in "adult" shaving creams that cost of a lot more.

MarieTS
09-22-2005, 02:30 AM
Jolien: I gave up shaving a long time ago partially because of those nasty bumps. Now I use Nair. There are fewer bumps now. Also, the hair growth is slower and finer. Although the bumps are less of a problem than they used to be, the still appear on the inside of the thighs. I apply hydrocortizone creme for a few days on my thighs and always follow up with Jergen's Hair minimizing moisturizer on the rest of my legs and arms. It works wonders. Good luck!

Honey GG
09-22-2005, 09:03 AM
Darla
I have tried 'coochie cream' and once I read the ingredients and it even said it was a great hair conditioner I then tried using suave type hair conditioner to shave with and it worked better. $7.95 6oz of choochie cream, $1.40 12oz of the suave.
I have better things to spend my money on, luckly the C cream I had was a free sample and I did not get sucked into spending $$ on it!

Honey

Kiva
09-22-2005, 09:19 AM
I'm a seasonal shaver, like a good number of us, and over the years, and tears, I've discovered if I regularly wash with those exfoliating gloves you can get from Wally's World, it will toughen up the skin a bit, and like others have said, use a good ladie's razor, and mosturizing lotion afterwards. During the first few weeks, I will only rub in the direction of hairgrowth in those most tender areas, until my skin gets accustom to being smooth. I'm looking forward to this season's smooth legs! :o

Kiva

ChristineRenee
09-22-2005, 09:33 AM
Jolien...I use a product called Tend Skin after shaving. Check it out at www.TendSkin.com (http://www.TendSkin.com)! It works great for me!;)

obsessedwithpantyhose
09-30-2005, 12:46 AM
i use the intuition shaver and it used to last almost 2 days,but now i dont even get 24 hours b4 i get stuble:(
i also get realy bad heat bumps on the back and inner of my upper thighs as my hair starts to grow back, that ITCH LIKE HELLLLLLLLL :mad:

Kierci
09-30-2005, 01:04 AM
Hey Veronica, try that Skintimate Shaving gell it should help with the skin irritation.

Ellisia_Lynch
09-30-2005, 07:42 AM
I read on another thread somewhere that acne treatment cream works for this.

I have terribly painful, angry red ingrown hairs after shaving some sensitive areas, so I have just tried Clearasil Acne Treatment Cream and it seems to be working brilliantly. It's also very cheap & very accessable.

Tamara Croft
09-30-2005, 09:17 AM
Shaving bumps are caused by constant shaving over the same area, it causes friction, so it is a bit like having heat rash. You need to use a decent razor and shaving cream. There are plenty of great tips here :thumbup: I haven't tried the conditioner, will give a try myself. When you do shave your legs, keep the blade loose, don't drag it along the skin and try not to go over the same place more than a couple of times. It's the same with waxing, going over the same place more than twice can cause a lot of problems.

The best mosturiser you can buy is Tea Tree, it has antiseptic properties in it and is excellent for soothing the skin. I use this type of product when I've waxed, although it is an after-wax product, it is great on the skin.

Leilani68
09-30-2005, 11:47 AM
Try using "Skintimate" they just brought out a new one for (Bikini/Underarms).
It contains Vitamin E,Aloe,Sunflower Oil...
Seems to work for me, and Always soak in tub for at least 5mins before hand.
Take it slowly & be gentle, don't press hard its not needed......
Hope this helps... :)

Deidra Cowen
09-30-2005, 02:10 PM
Take these girls advise...and keep shaving! I found after a couple of months that the bumps and irratation go away on there own.

I do shave in the tub after soaking for 5 mins with Avenso Bath Oil. Don't shave in the shower till u build up some tolerance.

Good luck!

jennig
09-30-2005, 10:28 PM
hi girls i had the same prob with bumps tried everthing then i found a product call tend skin it is for razor bumps ingrown hair and it works i got it at a day spa hope this helps

darcyann
10-01-2005, 02:03 AM
I use to have that problem, I now use Aveeno shaving gel that works awesome have yet to get bumps or burn myself since.

Love

Darcy Ann