PDA

View Full Version : It Happened

deebra
02-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Was a beautiful day so I decided to take a ride in fem from the neck down. About ten miles from home my SUV developed engine trouble and died on the side of the road. Now this can cause STRESS. Luckly I take a boybag so if something like this happens I can change. When the tow truck got there I was changed and passable. There have been times when I was ticked at our bias society and thought I'll just go with no change of clothes, glad this time I didn't.

Christie ann
02-23-2011, 10:15 AM
I often bring along a change of clothes so that if need be I can change. Sometimes changing is necessary because there are some people that just shouldn't see Christie and other times because an opportunity happened that required a change in clothes. Yes, I believe in going out prepared

Roberta Marie
02-23-2011, 11:38 AM
I was in an accident once, while wearing a denim skirt, pink flip-flops, and a girly top, but no wig or makeup, when a young girl ran a red light and hit me. To make matters worse, I was in the town where I had worked for 26 years as a firefighter/paramedic, and still work in another business, have raised 5 kids and know a lot of people, and it happened right in front of the police station at one of the busiest intersections in town. If I had guy clothes with me (which I didn't) I would not have had time to change.

Fortunately, the cop that got the call was a new guy that they hired since I retired, so I didn't know him, and no one batted an eye, even when I got out of the car at the officer's request, to inspect the damage to make sure that my car was drivable. And no, the world as I knew it did not end.

Jessica_Dillon
02-23-2011, 11:51 AM
We all do what we have to do. Some would be fine dressed while others are not. I've never had an accident, or a break down. But...I did get pulled over once. There certainly was no time to change...even if I had other clothes with me. To make a long story short...Jessica did what she could to be polite and got off with a verbal warning! My "close male cousin" NEVER even got a written warning! Always got a ticket. Needless to say...I think the outfit I was wearing that day paid for itself!

Loni
02-23-2011, 01:22 PM
lucky for me only time i had trouble (forgot a key ) ford and there better ideals of larger than normal lug nuts. had a flat and nobody had a lug wrench large enough, so got towed home, but i found after (as in 1/2 hr) of getting home that my P-brake cable was cut.
only person around was the tow driver? proof..none.

but the world did not come to a end. just had to get a flat fixed.

a change of clothing would have been no good as it happened in a city with no rest room around to change in. lots of people walking about.

LitaKelley
02-23-2011, 03:21 PM
My biggest concern when driving is if something happens that would ruin my pretty outfit.. like having to change a tire. I'm at the point where I don't give a damn who sees me

Persephone
02-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Once upon a time an office I worked in hired a very famous professional photographer to take some in-house pictures. Those of us who love photography as an art form followed him around.

We noticed that he never bracketed, that is, he never took multiple pictures with changed exposure settings just in case he had figured it wrong. Someone asked him if he ever bracketed and he said, "Bracketing makes you weak."

I think that for the most part carrying around a change of clothing, a crash kit, is the same; it makes you weak.

Do GG's carry crash kits? Not usually. Yet they cope with flat tires, accidents, and small children.

In general, maybe the "crash kit" should consist of a simple phrase, WWGGD, what would a genetic girl do? Then act accordingly.

It is a "crash kit" that is always with you, unlike the change of clothes that you forgot at home that day.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Rogina B
02-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Once upon a time an office I worked in hired a very famous professional photographer to take some in-house pictures. Those of us who love photography as an art form followed him around.

We noticed that he never bracketed, that is, he never took multiple pictures with changed exposure settings just in case he had figured it wrong. Someone asked him if he ever bracketed and he said, "Bracketing makes you weak."

I think that for the most part carrying around a change of clothing, a crash kit, is the same; it makes you weak.

Do GG's carry crash kits? Not usually. Yet they cope with flat tires, accidents, and small children.

In general, maybe the "crash kit" should consist of a simple phrase, WWGGD, what would a genetic girl do? Then act accordingly.

It is a "crash kit" that is always with you, unlike the change of clothes that you forgot at home that day.

Hugs,
Persephone.And it is so much fun to be "challenged"...that is the part of being an out and about girl that I love..like bleeding an injector on my diesel truck without getting fuel on my forearm that would get on my white blouse..lol!

BLUE ORCHID
02-23-2011, 10:44 PM
The old Boy Scout motto "Aways Be Prepaired".

Orchid

Sallee
02-23-2011, 11:26 PM
Interesting comments. I like the one from Persephone WWGGD, but being prepared is also good. I guess it kind of depends on the person and the place. Caring the cloths I think is good but try to old off changing if you can. I remember my car breaking down once and I had to walk home several miles change and go back with tools to fix. Don't know what I would have done if I wasn't close to home

CaitlynRenee
02-23-2011, 11:38 PM
And it is so much fun to be "challenged"...that is the part of being an out and about girl that I love..like bleeding an injector on my diesel truck without getting fuel on my forearm that would get on my white blouse..lol!

OOoooohhhhhh Rogina. You've got a diesel truck too???? Chuckle, I have a Cummins 2500 TD ('03) and could just see me stepping out of the lifted cab, snagging my dress just high enough for one and all to see the skin and garter belt between my nylons and bright red nylon panties. Why Lord mercy, I'd be the talk of the town. Hmmmm, now that might not be such a bad idea.

I actually DID have to walk once, at night when my car died. Bad alternator. I'd just delivered some papers to my bosses house, stuck them through the screen door as he requested. I could hear him and his SO talking with the tv on. I was fully dressed at the time and left before he opened the door. That was back in 1974. When the car died, I was much closer to home and only had to walk three blocks, past my office, through the lobby, past the swimming pool and nobody said a word.

Jenniferathome
02-24-2011, 12:34 AM
I love driving when I dress. And I never bring a boy bag. If I have a problem or get pulled over, I'm in heels and a dress and I'll deal with it. My biggest concern is walking home in 4 inch stilettos.

2SpeedTranny
02-24-2011, 02:16 AM
I used to take a pack with guy clothes and somewhat to clean off makeup when I'd go out, years ago.

But no longer. I'm comfortable being a tranny out and about. The only thing I'll do now is make sure I've got flipflops or shoes along if I'm wearing heels I can't walk in for more than a mile... and of course, given that I live in a place with radically changeable weather, I've always got an extra coat, gloves, etc.

As far as normal car troubles go, it's pretty rare that anything happens I can't fix roadside. I keep a tire plug kit in the trunk, and I can do that without dinging a nail. ;)

Chickhe
02-24-2011, 02:56 AM
I go with a backup plan, but my attitude is that I don't use it as a crutch... My only emergency situation is returning home dressed on display in front of the neighbors and if I'm out and about dressed and can recover from a situation while dressed I'll do it.

erickka
02-24-2011, 06:34 AM
I don't take a crash kit either. I've been pulled over, broke down etc. while dressed and I really don't care who sees me. I've developed some thick skin over the years, and I won't let anyone interfere with my rights to life, liberty and, the pursuit of happiness.

GG Kathy
02-24-2011, 08:04 AM
Any good gg has road side assistance on speed dial. We don't like to mess up our nice clothes either.

Kali
02-24-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm completely non-passable but often go out dressed when running errands that don't require getting out of the car. I usually have a jacket in the car that would cover me, if need be (it's there regardless how I'm dressed), and I do keep a pair of sneakers in the car, because I'd hate to have to walk very far in a pair of 4" pumps.