PDA

View Full Version : Salon Waxing - Any Tips?

Corin
09-21-2005, 07:37 PM
So, It's my first time trying to have my legs waxed professionally. The apointment is tomorrow, and well, I'm damn nervous. I'm just wondering if anyone can share some tips on not feeling so vunerable, like everyone can see straight through to the crossdresser inside. Not to mention, I'm wondering if I'm going to need to find some of my mens underwear, or if a short pair of sweatshorts might work.

Sigh....

DanaJ
09-21-2005, 07:43 PM
Corin, I have had mine done many times. Remember, these people are professionals, and even if they knew you were a CDer, it is a job to them. In other words, legs are legs.

A pair of men's shorts will work, most places (especially if it a female waxer) will not do a man's bikini area. Depending on what service you asked for, they most likely will not go higher than mid-thigh.

Are you going to a regular salon or spa?

Corin
09-21-2005, 07:49 PM
Its a Spa I guess, got my termonolgy mixxed up (what is the big difference anyways?), and yeah, when my girlfriend set up the apointment I think she said 3/4 leg would be fine, which sucks, because that top quarter is the hardest to shave ;)

I'm pretty darn excited about it, and I know there really isn't any reason to be nervous, but hey... Emotions don't tend to follow logic do they?

DanaJ
09-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Oops, sorry - didn't notice the salon in the title (must be going blind :))

I also wanted to suggest that if you haven't been waxed before, exfoliate your legs well before you go in (with a loofah for example) and afterwards use some NoBump lotion and loofah again.... some people get bumps, some don't after waxing....

You will love the soothness ;)

ronna
09-21-2005, 08:12 PM
My salmon has never needed waxing!
(at least not that I know of)

Rachael Warren
09-22-2005, 01:33 AM
Hi I had this done quite a few times. Follow Dana's advice about exfoliating.

Other than that, wear loose fitting trousers to the salon, not jeans, otherwise you can end up with blue stuff all over your legs! Don't exfoliate for a couple of days afterwards, and keep your legs away from the sun.

On one of my first visits, I was asked why I was doing it, I replied, "Lost a bet", nothing more was said.

I wore swmming trunks to my appointments, underneath the trousers, made it easier for the beautician, this was her recomendation.

Enjoy nice smooth legs!

Rachael. :)

P.S. I'd ask Tamara if you need to know more, I think she does this.

Carole
11-01-2005, 04:01 PM
My salon here in UK is ok with a semi bikini wax, my beautician asked me how high I would like waxed I just said as high as you are prepared to go; she waxed right into my crotch. This has been the case each time I have been.
I wore a thong underneath swimtrunks just for extra decency.
Carole

Paulette
11-01-2005, 04:24 PM
I have had my legs, back , chest and bikini area waxed and for my money it was just business. I even had one girl tell me how lucky my wife was for me being willing to remove the hair. Her boy friend tried to have a chest wax and fussed so much she had to stop as it was bothering the other cients in the shop.

I have also had laser treatments all over my body with the exception of my head whci is the only place I seem to lose hair with ou spending money. As for the laser treatments I left the appointment smooth as a baby ( not even a landing strip) but redish and blond hair were not effected by the laser a couple of years ago so some of it grew back.

Sedona
11-02-2005, 08:01 AM
Corin,

Lots of great advice here. Only thing I can add is, take a couple of advil or tylenol an hour before you go. If you're not used to the, um, sensation, of having a waxing, it'll be an eye opener. But, it's worth it!

Love,

S