PDA

View Full Version : I think I am ready

Jannis
02-23-2011, 12:41 PM
I have been getting my hair cut and styled with the same salon and technician for over a year. When I started to grow my hair out, I told her that I like to wear it in a feminine style from time to time. She was fine with that. Over the time, I would wear some feminine or andrygenous outer wear for my appointments. I wore low heels, female tops, even lipstick once. The last time I was there, I asked if she would be comfortable if I dressed as Jannis. She said she was fine with that, but had a chuckle under her breath. Well, today is my appointment and I intend to wear a skirt and heels and a nice feminine top. I had my nails done and they look nice. I am hoping it goes all right, but I am scared to death. My hair is now almost shoulder length and I want her to keep the length but need a full time woman's styling. I hope it all goes fine. Stand by for a report.

Laura De Santis
02-23-2011, 12:53 PM
i wish you a "bonne chance"

xxxx

Laura

kimdl93
02-23-2011, 01:01 PM
I think you'll be fine. Your hairdresser probably chuckled a little bit because you felt the need to ask.

Cynthia Anne
02-23-2011, 01:14 PM
Pictures please! I think you will really enjoy this experience Let us know how it turns out and have fun!

Persephone
02-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Congratulations! Looking forward to your report!

Hugs,
Persephone.

CristyPoe
02-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Well lets see ,why you making us wait

Fab Karen
02-23-2011, 09:25 PM
WHen you can walk across the rice-paper in spike heels without leaving a mark, it will be time for you to leave, grasshopper. :D

So we're waiting for the report on how it went.

Jessica_Dillon
02-23-2011, 09:51 PM
Updates often! Totally envious of you girl! I went with a friend last year when she got her's styled feminine for the first time. The hair dressers there had a blast with her! She was totally cute and pampered...I'm sure you'll have an absolute blast!

S. Lisa Smith
02-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Cool, hope it went well!!!

CaitlynRenee
02-23-2011, 11:56 PM
SUPER! Pics please...............

jenny_geek72
02-24-2011, 01:12 AM
Looking forward to hearing your report . . . good luck

Diane Smith
02-24-2011, 01:41 AM
None of my last three hair stylists has ever seen me in male mode -- no problems at all, and they've been happy to give me the femme color and style I asked for. I also get my brows waxed very thin and girly at every appointment. Have fun!

- Diane

linda allen
02-24-2011, 08:19 AM
There was a time not long ago, when a man would never get his hair cut in a "salon". Men went to barber shops and had their hair cut by other men. Times have changed. I don't think you'll have a problem at all. One of the stylists where I get my hair cut is pretty flamingly gay. It's not an issue at all.

Sarasometimes
02-24-2011, 08:31 AM
The Chucle may have been because she sort of figured that was just a matter of time. Remember if you don't feel comfortable, there are dozens of salons that will make you feel great. i know because I have about 10 in NJ that are wonderful! Good luck and I so wish i still had hair of my own. Getting my human hair wig styled just isn't the same. FYI, I have an appointment tomorrow for a roller set with Justine at one of my fave styling places.

Jannis
02-24-2011, 08:46 AM
Sorry for the delay in giving everyone a report. As you all suspected, it went very well. She did not blink an eye or say anything, other than a comment when I was checking out and paying her. She said" you make me feel like Spring is here." She did comment briefly on my nails and said they were pretty.
I did get a bit uncomfortable when a whole family, Mom, Dad, three little kids came in near the end and were seated very near her station and the kids were a bit confused. But it was a wonderful experience overall. We chatted a lot about hair color, curling irons, makeup and sunbathing in summertime. I did not ask her to take a pic with my camera because of all the "company" that was seated in the waiting area. Next time for sure.

Jessica_Dillon
02-24-2011, 08:49 AM
So fun! Thanks for the update!