PDA

View Full Version : "Excuse me ma'am, you you have a light?"

windycissy
02-23-2011, 01:03 PM
I was sitting on a bench outside my hotel this morning, contentedly smoking a cigarette before I head off to a Supervisors meeting incognito in a skirt and blazer when a guy came up to me and asked, "Excuse me ma'am, do you have a light?" "I do," I replied in my best female voice as a fished a lighter out of my purse. One of those little moments of validation that make it all worthwhile :)

MarcyRex
02-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Yes. Yes it does. It is the simple self-expressions and non-judgement from others that we all want.

Gina X
02-23-2011, 01:23 PM
It almost makes you want to start smoking again, says she who has given up for 32 years !! LOL

Cynthia Anne
02-23-2011, 01:36 PM
How sweet! Don't we love it when that happens!

Lora Olivia
02-23-2011, 02:11 PM
Have to love the validation. I love it even when in drab. Had a waitress once come up to SO and I..."okay ladies what can I start you off to drink" then got a look at my face with 2 days of stubble and said "sorry"...came back to the table later and did it again, "can I get you ladies anything else?" I guess she saw through me.

ninapuella
02-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Oh what a wonderful experience. I hope i will have that kind of experience too one day.

windycissy
02-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Thanks girls, I only smoke when I dress, complimentary addictions? Here's the prim little career girl outfit that pulled it off...I suppose I look a little bookish in my girl glasses, call me Lois Lane:battingeyelashes:

BillieJoEllen
02-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Windy, you do look like a woman from what I can tell from your pictures. I don't think you should be looking for 'validation' anymore. Just MHO.

Persephone
02-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Very cool! What a great way to start the day!

Your legs and your cute blouse betray your femininity, but I do think that your glasses and hairstyle may be, like you wrote, a bit bookish. All together you look a bit like those women in the commercials who let down their hair, whip off their glasses and turn into sultry, sexy beauties.

I was in a funk yesterday and just tossed on some guy clothes and headed out the door. It certainly didn't help my mood to get called "Sir" twice even though I deserved it. But then I was in line at a grocery store when a checkout clerk opened a new register, motioned to me and said, "I can help you over here, Ma'm!" The pink fog rolled in so quick I think it practically knocked him over!

Hugs,
Persephone.

t-girlxsophie
02-23-2011, 04:08 PM
If that happened to me,Once I replied in my normal voice,I bet I would cure the guy of his addiction right there LOL

windycissy
02-24-2011, 09:23 AM
If that happened to me,Once I replied in my normal voice,I bet I would cure the guy of his addiction right there LOL

Priceless! That would be a great anti-smoking commercial: guy walks up to a pretty girl, asks her for a light, she turns around and EEEEEEK!

Jessica_Dillon
02-24-2011, 09:29 AM
Priceless! That would be a great anti-smoking commercial: guy walks up to a pretty girl, asks her for a light, she turns around and EEEEEEK!

Okay, Now that's funny!

Jennifer Marie P.
02-24-2011, 09:49 AM
It makes you feel great when that happens.