PDA

View Full Version : hiding him..

5150 Girl
02-23-2011, 01:42 PM
I hate the thought of anyone who met me as Wynonna, ever crossing paths with my evil twin.
However, I have no prblem with anyone who knows "him" meeting Wynonna.
Is this odd?

Cynthia Anne
02-23-2011, 01:51 PM
I don't know if it's odd IT sounds to me your more comfortable around people when Wynonna is being herself!

gwenbeth
02-23-2011, 02:24 PM
It might be because Wynonna is who you choose to be. and that when someone who knows your evil twin meets you, then you feel like they are getting an upgraded version of your self. But when it is the other way around and someone you know meets the evil twin then they are getting a downgraded version. None of us want people to think poorly of us.

LitaKelley
02-23-2011, 02:25 PM
I had a similar feeling, although it was about my drivers license when being carded or having to show my license.. If in drab, I have no problem showing my license which now has en femme photo on it, but when en femme, I HATED having to show my license with his picture on it before I renewed. As for your question, I can't say it's odd, because I know for me anyway, I'm more secure and comfortable being me en femme than I am of being him. It's kinda like this, I'm proud of her and ashamed of him... She's happy, he's miserable.. She's pretty, he's ugly, lol

ninapuella
02-23-2011, 02:28 PM
I dont understand. Do you have an evil twin? Well the world is small, but i dont think about things like that. You can get paranoid for smaller things.

Torrey
02-23-2011, 02:36 PM
I'll just say that I recently noticed that there is an evil twin. Your post really makes me think...how dangerous is that!?

BillieJoEllen
02-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Perhaps a little odd Wynonna. Then again you must have your reasons....

5150 Girl
02-24-2011, 01:41 PM
Cynthia, Gwen, and Lita, all seemed to hit the nail on the head. (to barow an old cleche)
Especialy when Lita said "It's kinda like this, I'm proud of her and ashamed of him... She's happy, he's miserable.. She's pretty, he's ugly,"
And oh boy is "he" ever ugly. Old wild west wanted poster ugly!

Roberta Marie
02-24-2011, 03:03 PM
A couple of years ago I started going as Bobbi to an accepting UCC church about 30 minutes from home, whenever I do not have duties to perform at my home church where I'm an Elder. They were having some issues with their sound system, and since that's what I do for a living, I thought I'ld help them out. I did some work on their system and gave their sound tech some pointers, and things worked out fine.

Then this past winter they did a production which called for a video projector and rear projection screen, which they rented from the company that I work for. I'm not out at work, but when the boss asked if I knew where this church was, I said yes, and was given the job of delivering and setting up the equipment.

It ended up that the sound tech that I had spoken to previously, who knew me only as Bobbi, was the director of this production, and we were working together setting up and positioning the screen and projector, although, since I ws on company time, I was working as Rob. As I finished up he thanked me for taking so much time to help them out. I said that it was pretty typical service for our company, but I might have gone a bit further after attending so many services there. He looked at me for a few moments with a puzzled look, then a big smile broke out on his face as he hugged me saying, "Bobbi, I thought you looked familiar. But I just couldn't place you."

The members of that church are still some of the very few people that know me as both Rob and Bobbi, and they have been wonderful about being very discreet about it. I have been there a couple of other times since, working for my company as Rob, and this past Christmas day, that same sound tech who directed their production dubbed me "The Chicken Queen" when I helped cook some 150 lbs. of chicken (as Bobbi) for a Christmas Day dinner for the homeless.

I think that this experience has helped to confirm something that I have known all along. I am not 2 people, and even though I answer to 2 different (but very similar) names and I sometimes dress a little differently, I am still the same person. I like the person that I am, no mater how I'm dressed. The only thing that I don't like is that I often have to hide so much of who I am from so many people that I'm afraid would not understand.