PDA

View Full Version : Any Utah girls going to DVL?

Cami desiree
02-23-2011, 06:28 PM
I just registered and to say I'm excited is an understatement. Just wondering if any other Utah girls are going?

Starr
02-23-2011, 08:38 PM
DVL.. are you talking about Diva Las Vegas?

PretzelGirl
02-23-2011, 10:39 PM
There are three others of us that I know of Cami. The other two will have to speak up for themselves. I am sure there are others that I don't know about also. It is just too short a drive.

Mahoro
02-23-2011, 10:41 PM
Yippee!! Glad you are going to come down for the fun Cami, I will be there for sure as well.

*hugs*
-Mia

Sara Jessica
02-24-2011, 09:39 AM
There's a detailed thread about DLV in the "events" section...

www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?144382-Diva-Las-Vegas-April-3-8

It seems there are several Utah women who plan on attending.

Kathi Lake
02-24-2011, 11:18 AM
It seems there are several Utah women who plan on attending.Sigh. And one who, unfortunately, is not. Instead of dressing up in my frills and lace, I will be putting on Kevlar and chem gear, and battling the forces of evil (well, a simulated North Korea, anyway). So, while you're running around in fabulous outfits and 'sitting-and-looking-pretty-at-the-bar' shoes, I'll be shivering in my foxhole (simulated - it's actually a few orange cones with string to mark where the protective walls would be), shooting my M-16 (yes, with simulated bullets), loading bombs on the F-16 (believe it or not, that part isn't simulated), and dealing with unexploded ordinance, hoist one for good old Sergeant Kathi - the meanest, toughest - and prettiest - explosives expert you know.

:)

Kathi

PretzelGirl
02-24-2011, 09:56 PM
You'll be there in our hearts Kathi!

Sarah Doepner
02-24-2011, 10:04 PM
I'll be at DLV. Looking forward to the Dinner at P.F. Chang that Sara is setting up for those of us at CD.com who want to meet up and share a story or two.

Kathi, I'd be remiss if I didn't offer up a toast to you. Maybe we need to get some camo ribbons to pin to our lapels in your honor.

Kathi Lake
02-24-2011, 10:52 PM
Thanks, Sarah! Have a lettuce wrap for me! I'll be enjoying a yummy MRE.

:)

Kathi

Sara Jessica
02-25-2011, 09:34 AM
So, while you're running around in fabulous outfits and 'sitting-and-looking-pretty-at-the-bar' shoes

How'd you know what I'd be doing??? ;)

And to think to this point I was holding out hope that perhaps you would be surprising us by showing up. Can you call in sick to drills such as this??? Then again, that might not go over so well.

Thanks, Sarah! Have a lettuce wrap for me! I'll be enjoying a yummy MRE.

Hmmm...lettuce wrap? MRE? Lettuce wrap? MRE???

Kind of a no-brainer. But yes, I promise we will toast you Kathi and will be thinking of you, wishing you were there. Regardless, you will be attending to a more noble cause which of course earns the gratitude of everyone here.

SuzanneBender
02-25-2011, 09:59 AM
I know a Kansas gal that is dreaming of going...but alas it won't happen this year. Maybe next year. However,......

So, while you're running around in fabulous outfits and 'sitting-and-looking-pretty-at-the-bar' shoes, I'll be shivering in my foxhole (simulated - it's actually a few orange cones with string to mark where the protective walls would be), shooting my M-16 (yes, with simulated bullets), loading bombs on the F-16 (believe it or not, that part isn't simulated), and dealing with unexploded ordinance, hoist one for good old Sergeant Kathi - the meanest, toughest - and prettiest - explosives expert you know.

If Kathi every makes it to my neck or the woods here in Afghanistan we may have to just hold our own event. We will call it Divastan! Don't get jealous ladies. Vegas is a fantastic venue for a TG event, but its not nearly as exotic a location as Afghanistan. Highlights could include having our nails done and brows waxed at the BX beauty shop; Jewelry and scarf shopping in the local Bazaar and if we hold it on Friday night steak and lobster at the dining facility. Presenters are hard to find here so we would have to do a free form format like DLV. I know it sounds too good to be true so register early for this one ladies.:heehee:

Sarah Doepner
02-25-2011, 10:44 AM
I don't think Uncle Sugar would pay my way to join you and I can't make it on my retirement income. I'll just be holding out hope that you will be able to join us in L.V. next year. Keep your fingers and toes on, don't get any extra holes where they don't belong and stay well hydrated. We appreciate what you are doing, but want you home safe and sound as soon as possible. Okay?