PDA

View Full Version : The worst way to start a hobby

Exie
02-25-2011, 01:01 AM
Wow. Today was a huge killer for my confidence. I'm brand new to crossdressing (in fact I haven't even tried to yet - I still need to buy more items). For the last week or so, I've been shaving and practicing tucking while wearing panties so when I finally manage to get everything together I won't have discomfort as much, and so I won't be as self conscious of my bulge. So I didn't think anything of it when I went to a weekly get together with friends while tucked and wearing girl's undies under my normal pants.

Fast forward to about 5 PM and I'm in the restroom. My taping skills aren't that amazing and almost always come undone when I'm using the restroom. I've made it a habit to carry extra tape in my pocket. So as I'm sitting on the toilet lid, trying to retuck it... you guessed it. I forgot to lock the door.

I had no clue what to do or how to explain to my friend what he was seeing, and luckily he closed the door and left. I finally managed to get the courage to come back to the living room about 5 minutes later and luckily he didn't mention anything of it - but the rest of the night was amazingly embarrassing. Any time he would glance at me, or tallk to me in conversation I would just flare up red from embarrassment. I don't know how to approach him, and will probably just let it die. I really hope he doesn't tell anyone.

Marissa
02-25-2011, 01:13 AM
okay..think you went too far to the left..meaning..even though your friend may have questions in time to see 'what were you doing?'.. But not sure why you put so much emphasis on being tucked when you are dressed in drab on the outside???

if you are wanting to cover all you can..some try body shaper panties or gaffs. Still that is a big chance just to get the effect over.. sorry it happened...learn from it.. And good luck with what comes from it. My thought, if he was an a$$hole, he would have said it then.. again..good luck.

Exie
02-25-2011, 01:16 AM
Well, I'm new to it and a naturally shy person anyways. I was wearing normal boy clothes on the outside and no one knows anything about me doing this. The only person who I've told is an Australian friend (I'm in the USA) who has no connection to any other people I know. It was just a terrifying moment for me.

Persephone
02-25-2011, 01:30 AM
You really think that he's going to admit that he saw anything? That he was staring at your genitals? I would think that would put him in the weirder position.

Marissa
02-25-2011, 01:31 AM
That is what leaves me wondering why would you go to the extent of hiding or rather tucking if in drab.. if you were wearing a skirt or dress, i'd understand.. with exception of leaving a door unlocked.. anything beyond that is you wanting to be found out.. sorry.. but that is what it seems.

Eryn
02-25-2011, 01:35 AM
Would he have even known what he was seeing? I don't know the particulars of what he saw but it's likely that he saw you sitting there with some tape. It's more likely that he thinks that you were doing something medically-oriented with it than CD-oriented.

Exie
02-25-2011, 01:40 AM
That is what leaves me wondering why would you go to the extent of hiding or rather tucking if in drab.. if you were wearing a skirt or dress, i'd understand.. with exception of leaving a door unlocked.. anything beyond that is you wanting to be found out.. sorry.. but that is what it seems.
Well like I said, I was just practicing and trying to get into the habit of it and learn how to. I wasn't in a skirt because the styles I want aren't in stock yet (Kohl's should be getting spring wear soonish), and it was for a get together with friends who I won't ever tell about this new hobby of mine. If I knew I'd be showing off in a bathroom, I wouldn't have worn anything. Also the door was unlocked because I've been a guy for 20 years. So that's what, 15 years of not caring about a door being unlocked to overwrite? If you're standing with your butt to the door with your fly down, its not like anythings showing. I guess its just one more habit I have to retrain.

You really think that he's going to admit that he saw anything? That he was staring at your genitals? I would think that would put him in the weirder position.

Would he have even known what he was seeing? I don't know the particulars of what he saw but it's likely that he saw you sitting there with some tape. It's more likely that he thinks that you were doing something medically-oriented with it than CD-oriented.

Ok these two posts make me feel a lot better. I guess it makes sense to assume he wouldn't really pass it around, worry makes me stupid :p And I'm 9/10ths sure he saw *what* I was taping, not just the tape. He walked in pretty close to the start of the process. Then again maybe he might just think I was... covering a rash or something. Guilt conscious made me jump the gun I guess. Thanks for pointing that out!

AnnaCalliope
02-25-2011, 02:03 AM
Most of the time, regardless of sexual orientation, when one guy walks in on another in the bathroom and his pants are down, the one who's intruding doesn't stop and take notes -- He gets out of there. Your friend most likely didn't see anything of importance. From the way you tell the story, he doesn't sound like the type that's going around to all his buddies admitting he walked in on another guy with his pants down, anyway. If he did really see something, you most certainly would've gotten a "What the hell were you doing in there?"

I once had a roommate walk into the bathroom while I was about to take a shower with my boyfriend. He just saw me standing there naked and immediately looked at the floor and shut the door. He didn't even register my boyfriend sitting on the tub, also naked, right next to me. Literally, a dude walks into any room and sees a naked guy, chances are all he's going to remember is the color of the carpet or tile.

eluuzion
02-25-2011, 02:19 AM
Locks are installed on doors for a reason, lol.

This is another one of those times when the best action plan is no action at all. You can not change the past, but there is always an opportunity to make an uncomfortable event worse, by expanding upon it. I would leave it alone and avoid imagining a bunch of scenarios that might not occur.

LitaKelley
02-25-2011, 02:30 AM
tucking can be done without tape. I never use tape and works fine

Kate Simmons
02-25-2011, 06:26 AM
How's he to know. Maybe you were tucking in preparation to donning your Spider-Man costume. Works for me.:heehee::)

Tanya C
02-25-2011, 06:55 AM
It seems odd that you haven't even dressed yet, but you are practicing tucking in guy mode.

Jill Devine
02-25-2011, 07:42 AM

Marissa, the OP did explain why in the post why he was tucking.

Cynthia Anne
02-25-2011, 07:48 AM
I have walked in on guys and couldn't tell who they were unless they spoke! So I doubt your friend saw anything! Unless he's gay, most guys don't want to see another guys private area! Next time hang a sign on the bathroom door saying BEWARE: Taping in progress!

joannemarie barker
02-25-2011, 07:53 AM
wow it always interests me when people take up cding just like that.I wouldn't bother if I wasn't so compelled to dress femme :D

Kaitlyn Michele
02-25-2011, 07:53 AM
Exie you really don't have much choice in the matter...just leave it go

years ago, was getting ready for a softball game after work, and i was undressing in my car after getting there at the last minute...as i pulled up my baseball pants, my buddy jokingly banged on my side window, looking in the car..seeing my striped panties and shaved area..(including my shaved legs..)...

he even commented...doing a little extra shaving??....YIKES!!! just like you i was trembling the whole next couple weeks...wondering what he saw, what he thought

years and years later, i've transitioned...i still know this guy and he's a really good guy...i recently mentioned the episode to him and he says he can't even remember it..

so don't worry about it, it does you no good, and there is a better than even chance that his glimpse was too short or that he hasn't spent the time to bank what he saw in his long term memory anyway..

tuck away

t-girlxsophie
02-26-2011, 03:24 AM
The only thing the guy is going to recall is the embarrassing time he walked in on his mate in the toilet,believe me he will wish only to remove that from his memory bank as soon as possible.I think your safe

dorylinn
02-26-2011, 08:26 AM
Also the door was unlocked ........... I guess its just one more habit I have to retrain.

There You go

Next time hang a sign on the bathroom door saying BEWARE: Taping in progress!

Is that what the blinky red light above the door means? :heehee:

Veronica Lacey
02-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Hi Exie...

I would agree with those who have stressed that a fellow catching another fellow indisposed in any situation would simply turn away or forget what he saw. OK, had he caught you and you were dressed like Carmen Miranda or Lady Gaga then perhaps things could have panned out different. You simply got caught with your drawers down and he likely thought you were fiddling around for whatever reason.

Your buddy has likely forgotten about it already.

Good luck with your dressing!

Oh...and if you yourself are still thinking about it...go buy yourself a new pair of panties. Call it the "ice cream after the boo-boo" approach :)

Jorja
02-26-2011, 10:36 AM

Practice makes perfect!

Whoops wrong quote, I ment it to be for Marissa's post, sorry

Ericka2
02-26-2011, 10:44 AM
I totally understand your position, must normal crssdresers like myself, wear gafts or undies in a male mode just to get used to the feeling once you get dressed enfemme, I used to do it often, now I'm so used to the feeling it is normal for me to wear panties, tongs etc...my guess your friend didn't see what you think...

Love,Ericka

Eryn
02-26-2011, 11:47 AM
wow it always interests me when people take up cding just like that.I wouldn't bother if I wasn't so compelled to dress femme :D

It's a matter of personal perspective. Some suppress the desire pretty well, even to themselves. They aren't able to articulate the need, they just seem to have an inordinate interest in women's things. Eventually they learn more, find places like this, and realize what was going on all along. That "overnight CDer" has likely been brewing for some time.

docrobbysherry
02-26-2011, 12:02 PM
tucking can be done without tape. I never use tape and works fine

Lota's rite! I stopped using tape after the first time I tried it. Such a nuisance! And, unless u shave down there, well---, it's VERY uncomfortable untaping! And, I have NO interest in shaving there!

I simply wear 2 or more pairs of tite, stretch, ladies panties put on backwards! Works just like gaff!

Stephenie S
02-26-2011, 12:14 PM
And then there's the question - Whatever do you want to "tuck" for? Mostly it's just a needless waste of time and effort. Of course unless you want to wear clothes that a 17 year old would wear (tight). Are you 17? If you wear clothes that any normal woman would wear, tucking is totally unnecessary. It's time consuming, uncomfortable, perhaps dangerous, and makes it VERY difficult to use the lady's room.

OK, let the flaming begin. I've been here before.

S

JohnH
02-26-2011, 01:09 PM
I agree with Stephenie. You don't have to tuck if you wear something that is loose.

Maybe that is something you might consider as you start crossdressing.

Johanna

Jorja
02-26-2011, 06:50 PM
And then there's the question - Whatever do you want to "tuck" for? Mostly it's just a needless waste of time and effort. Of course unless you want to wear clothes that a 17 year old would wear (tight). Are you 17? If you wear clothes that any normal woman would wear, tucking is totally unnecessary. It's time consuming, uncomfortable, perhaps dangerous, and makes it VERY difficult to use the lady's room.

OK, let the flaming begin. I've been here before.

S

I agree with Stephenie. You don't have to tuck if you wear something that is loose.

Maybe that is something you might consider as you start crossdressing.

Johanna

OMG!!! Wear something lose???? That is just not done! :D

Amy Hepker
02-26-2011, 08:26 PM
I see a Pink Fog coming

Chickhe
02-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Medical issue...you were replacing a bandage on an embarrasing sore... end of story. Who doesn't lock, double check and tripple check and search the bathroom for hidden cameras before doing something like that at a friends house...?!...whoops.

Elle1946
02-27-2011, 06:09 PM
I go along with he probably thought that it was a medical problem, which is what I would think in the same situtation. WHY tuck in the male mode unless just for practice. I never tuck I figure that it would be uncomfortable, never have tried it and probably won't. But, for me spandex panties and pantyhose keep everything in place and easier to get to when going to the rest room. That is my two cents worth.

DebsUK
02-27-2011, 06:34 PM
I don't get the need to tape. A decent panty girdle or some control pants and everything stays where it needs to be. And this doesn't need "practice" either: just gently slide the boys inside, tuck the little guy under and pull up :)