PDA

View Full Version : Random comments

LeannL
02-25-2011, 08:56 AM
I may seem to be self aggrandizing these days but I am amazed at how well I appear to be accepted. As I stated in a previous post, I have been attending daily mass at the Catholic Church across the street nearly every day. I have also been out and about doing various things a girl would do. During the course of these normal activities several comments have come my way.

The first was while walking into church about a week ago. As an older lady and I met as we were walking in, we discussed the weather and then she asked me if I was a teacher! Now if I looked like a guy in a dress that they were tolerant of through their Christian love, I doubt that she would have asked if I was a teacher since I suspect most would not think a teacher could be CDing at work. As a point of reference, the church has a school and, unlike everyone else going to Mass, I walk to church.

This last Monday, we had another snow storm and I worked from home. Late in the afternoon, I decided that I was going to check out some new resale shops which meant that I would be dressed. When I got to my car to leave, I had to start clearing the snow. While I was doing that, a guy comes up in his car and asks where the nearest hardware store was. So I stood in the middle of the street and carried on a conversation with him about what he was needing and how to get to Home Depot. He didn't seem to notice that I was a CD!

Lastly, today after Mass as we were walking out, a woman in her 50's (as I am) approached me and said to me "That is a really pretty dress". Again, maybe these folks are really cool with CDing but I just found it amazing that someone would say something like that if she thought I was a CD. Anyway, below is a picture of me after I got back from church. I have posted pictures of this dress before but they are buried somewhere in the blog ether.

Thanks for putting up with my musings.

Leann

KarenHiller
02-25-2011, 10:19 AM
You look great! And just like any other woman your age. I'm sure they all thought you were a woman. Isn't it nice to be accepted and treated like a woman? I know I love it. I still remember the first time a man held a door for me and gave me a nice smile. He really made my day.

PortiaHoney
02-25-2011, 10:27 AM
I sometimes wonder how we can be so surprised that anyone else can accept us for who we are?

You are dressed as a woman. You look like a woman. Why do you question why they accept that you are a CD? Maybe they just believe you as you present to them? A woman.

Jenny Doolittle
02-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Just sometimes the only one who doesn't believe you are a woman is yourself. Sounds like your confidence level is getting to the point you believe your a woman as much as everyone else. Nice that you shared this with all of us.

Amy Lynn3
02-25-2011, 10:58 AM
You look very gg to me, so I understand why people accept you. As they say...rock on girl.

joank
02-25-2011, 11:05 AM
I agree. You look very GG. BTW, nice look onthe dress and heels.

Kim_Bitzflick
02-25-2011, 12:25 PM
I think you look just like a GG. The dress does have a conservative teacher look to it.

As a side note, I am Catholic also. I have been to church many times dressed. I was treated as the girl I was presenting but you have made aquaintences. That's much further than I have gone at church while dressed.

I applaud you for your willingness to share yourself with the worl and us.

Persephone
02-25-2011, 01:11 PM
You look wonderful!

After hiding in our closets for so long, we constantly think that everyone reads us. Believe me, I know the feeling.

Relax and be the woman you are.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Jilmac
02-25-2011, 02:55 PM
I have attended mass at an Episcopal church on several occasions with a lesbian friend and have been treated with utmost respect as a lady should. I even did some volunteer work for the church while in drab and was called by my fem name by all the women, and yes most of them knew I'm a CD but accepted me for the person I am. I believe the world is becoming more tolerant of diversity.

sissystephanie
02-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Leann, you are very nice looking LADY!! You do not look at all like a CD! I am also a Catholic (Convert), but do not attend my Church dressed enfemme. I am very involved in Church activities, including being in the Knights of Columbus. Being a CD would not work well there!! Too many people at the Church know me very well.

I commend you for doing what you do, and for your courage in attending Mass dressed enfemme. For your information, both an Archbishop and another Priest have told me that God doesn't care what we wear, as long as we are decently covered!!

christinac
02-25-2011, 08:43 PM
If your picture and nothing else was the only thing I had to go by, I'd say you are as woman as a woman can be. I can fully understand why you are accepted. Dressing classy and not trashy goes a long long way. I'm sure most of us have seen someones CD/TG photo stream and the person was very classy and passable in one outfit and a couple of photos later looked a total fool in another outfit.

Tanya C
02-26-2011, 12:45 AM
I agree, it is amazing how accepting poeple generally are especially when you make an effort to present well, as you obviously do according to your photo. And it's clear that you exude self acceptance and confidence which wins people over.
It's cders like you who really make a positive impression that reflects well on the TG community as a whole.

LeannL
02-26-2011, 07:30 AM
All,
Thanks so much for the comments. I guess my biggest surprise is not that my body looks womanly (I can't call a size 12 girly) since I can and do supplement the curves; it is my face that I find that others don't read as a guy. I don't have a feminine face at all. Yes, there are many women that are in the same boat but it still surprises me. Confidence is important and, I am reasonably confident as I do a lot en femme (like next week's flight to Denver and back) but by going to church I am, as someone pointed out, making acquaintances and interacting with the same relatively small group of people on a nearly daily basis.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

Leann

suchacutie
02-26-2011, 08:50 AM
The one thing that we all share is a fascination for what defines "gender" in the minds of the people we meet (and in our own minds as well). What you are doing has clearly stepped over the boundry. You are putting forward what you clearly feel inwardly, and it works! If you could bottle it we would all like to purchase some :)

tina