PDA

View Full Version : More steps out today

gwenbeth
02-26-2011, 01:17 AM
Today was a good day. Friday's are my days that I dress for therapy, but I needed to get some stuff first. So I went dressed into the Walmart. There weren't any problems and on the way out the lady at the door smiled at me and said have a nice day. I smiled back and said thank you. After therapy I got some lunch to go. I was more worried about going in there than i was going into Walmart, probably because you have to stand around in a crowded area. When I went inside a guy held the door open for me. The guy who took my order called me ma'am. The worst part was having to change back into drab to go back to work.

In both cases I confident about what i was doing. I didn't notice any one staring at me, but I was not looking around at everyone either, because I didn't care what they thought. I felt good about who I was.

Dusktildawn24
02-26-2011, 04:13 AM
i wish i could go out into public and not care. i envy you.

Persephone
02-26-2011, 04:14 AM
I felt good about who I was.

That's the best, Gwen Beth! Enjoy!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Rianna Humble
02-26-2011, 04:35 AM
Congratulations on expanding your horizons, Gwenbeth.:bighug: Doesn't it feel great to be called "ma'am" or have someone hold a door open for you. :thumbsup:

You have proved now to yourself that it is possible to go into places like the lunch bar and not have everyone immediately run away screaming! :heehee:

I think though that the real key lies in your last two sentences, you felt good about yourself, so you weren't worried what other people thought. As a result of this, you behaved as if you belonged (which of course you did) and people responded positively to that self-confidence.

I can totally identify with the disappointment having to change into drab for work, I can still remember what that was like and it used to make me feel physically sick :sad:

Raychel
02-26-2011, 06:23 AM
but I was not looking around at everyone either, because I didn't care what they thought. I felt good about who I was.

I am glad that you had a good time, I sure do not have any experience in going out in public dressed like I like, But from what I understand. And what I have learned on this forum. This is the best way to pass and have really no trouble at all. Just be confident about who you are and enjoy the day

Cynthia Anne
02-26-2011, 09:42 AM
I agree, it was a great day for you! What a confidense builder that was! I hope you have many more! Hugs!

Wendy_Marie
02-26-2011, 09:52 AM
The worst part was having to change back into drab to go back to work.

In both cases I confident about what i was doing.

I am happy that you felt so confident going into the shopping center and such ...this is one aspect which we all work at everyday...As for having to get dressed for going back to work...it is such a downer after being dressed so wonderfully......

Maria in heels
02-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Sounds like you had a great day yesterday!!

AKAMichelle
02-26-2011, 10:02 AM
Sounds like you need some companionship on some of your journeys. There is a group in Dallas Feminine Expresssions. They have almost 200 members who go out at very times of the month. You might want to check them out.

http://www.meetup.com/tgresources/

I provided the link to help you.