PDA

View Full Version : Femme Voice Tip

Elena Ornamental
02-26-2011, 07:04 AM
If you're musically inclined, think of a scale: do re mi fa so. It's the so pitch you want to use for a femme voice. People'd vocal ranges differ but raising the pitch that amount iI don't think should be a problem for most people. Best, Elena Ornamental (accent on the last syllable)

Cindygirl65
02-26-2011, 10:40 AM
I talk in a lighter voice. Some people think I have a naturally soft voice. Some guys think it's sexy. I don't know. Cindy.

christinac
02-26-2011, 10:45 AM
I'm afraid that I'm not musically inclined. I couldn't carry a tune in a wheelbarrel and risk being arrested for animal cruelty if I try because every dog with in six blocks will start to howl in pain.

I'm often mistaken for a GG on the phone, but I really don't understand why.

teri50
02-26-2011, 10:51 AM
My voice is not that deep, but not that feminine sounding either...Will have to give this a try and see if it helps...thankyou

JohnH
02-26-2011, 01:15 PM
If you can carry a tune consider joining a choir or chorus. That way you learn to control your voice pitch and loudness. You can sing in your natural voice range as a tenor or bass. If you are a bass you learn to sing up higher than middle C, and sometimes softly. If you can do that you can pitch your voice when you speak in a feminine range and loudness.

Johanna

Sophie86
02-26-2011, 06:27 PM
One of my daughter's teachers called earlier this year, and I answered the phone. After speaking to me for a moment, she asked to speak to my daughter. I handed the phone over and as I walked away I heard my daughter say, "What?? No! That was my DAD!" :eek:

Diane Elizabeth
02-27-2011, 09:19 AM
I am another one that can't varry a tune. In fact back in the olden days I tried to join a few choirs here and ther. They all kicked me out because I was sooooo bad. Now I only sing in my car when alone.

Patrice_CD
02-27-2011, 09:35 AM
I need practice but can't hold a tune. I try and speak softly and higher but have found that part very difficult.

JohnH
02-28-2011, 09:01 PM
One can learn to sing on pitch. Some people can do that naturally but there are very few people that can't be trained to sing on pitch. If you don't sing on pitch naturally you will have to make an effort to learn to do so. There are courses and software packages that train a person to sing on pitch.

Johanna

docrobbysherry
02-28-2011, 09:26 PM
If you're musically inclined, think of a scale: do re mi fa so. It's the so pitch you want to use for a femme voice. People'd vocal ranges differ but raising the pitch that amount iI don't think should be a problem for most people. Best, Elena Ornamental (accent on the last syllable)

That's good, and a bit funny, Elena! A musical scale means NOTHING unless ALL the musicians START on the SAME NOTE!

YOUR "so", mite easily be my, "fa"! Plus, there's middle "do". Then, other "do's" an octive up and down!

Sorry! My musical background MADE me say that!

The BEST advice I've heard regarding fem voice was,"Speak or sing in falsetto. Then, move down to a range BETWEEN that and your regular range!"

tiffanyjo89
03-01-2011, 12:23 AM
I think Elena's tip was kinda a general idea.

It's more of a "take your voice and just go up like this with it" type tip. A cheater's method of sorts. I think using the "so" and then controlling your volume and breathing, you can achieve a somewhat passable voice. It's definitely NOT going to be a "quick fix" though. It'll still take some work.

DianeDeBris
03-01-2011, 12:57 AM
Hi all -- I think Elena's suggestion is excellent: you treat your normal speaking voice (whatever it may be) as the root of the scale, them hum upward five notes and you're at an easy-to-reach pitch that is well within your comfortable range -- I'm going to try it when I'm out in public this week!
BTW - a good number of years ago I was required to sing solo tenor in our choir: so low nobody could hear me, ten or twelve feet behind everybody else - <g>
Hugs - Diane

Schatten Lupus
03-01-2011, 01:32 AM
I honestly couldn't name an A or a C. When it comes to my bass I know it by the sound that is made when I play whatever fret. But vocally I know deep, mid, high and nothing more.

Elena Ornamental
04-29-2011, 01:05 AM
Certainly what tone you start out with makes a difference. The point is raising the tone that amount is comfortable for most people. Talking in falsetto often sounds strained.

Samantha W
04-29-2011, 01:22 AM
This is a problem for me too. I end up sounding forced and unnatural. Kind of like a baritone Mickey Mouse. I'm not musically inclined. Elena, can you recommend a video that could help us hear what your explaining. Maybe you could post it yourself. I would love to have some help in this area.

Loni
04-29-2011, 03:52 AM
to have a more feminine voice is more than just the tone/pitch, it is also how you say the words like not cutting the words of quick more into a sing song and use many sounds not just a mono tone.
but to know tones and to be able to carry a note is a big help.

gerri ray
04-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Don't forget about all the different modes!!
That's good, and a bit funny, Elena! A musical scale means NOTHING unless ALL the musicians START on the SAME NOTE!

YOUR "so", mite easily be my, "fa"! Plus, there's middle "do". Then, other "do's" an octive up and down!

Sorry! My musical background MADE me say that!

The BEST advice I've heard regarding fem voice was,"Speak or sing in falsetto. Then, move down to a range BETWEEN that and your regular range!"

Elena Ornamental
05-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Samantha W. I don't mean it's necessary to be majorly Musically Inclined. If you can sing a scale, that's all you need to try this.