PDA

View Full Version : What an Afternoon

Marcia63
02-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Friday lunchtime I'd finished my business meetings early for the day. so I decided to drive the 2 and a half hours home enfemme:)

I haven't been out too much, so I'm not fully confident yet!

Half way home I needed a wee.. Having read all the brave stories here, I decided to call in at Supermarket, and use the loo there. I headed straight for the ladies.

Went in empty, trust my luck, nearly finished, and in came a rush, a bus must have stopped! I sat there listening to their catty comments about the cubicle being closed.

This was no good, I had to brazen it out. I left the cubicle. All the women in the queue looked at me, it felt like 5 pairs of eyes piercing through me:o. However there were no shouts of theres a man in our loo! So I guess my disguise must have worked. I feel bad that I walked straight out, and didn't stop to wash my hands!!!

I felt a little bit exhilarated afterward.

Is this feeling of being totally see through and exposed, something you other gurls experience?

LOL
Marcia

Kittie
02-26-2011, 03:55 PM
Yes I feel this constantly while I'm out and about. Makes me very nervous sometimes.

teri50
02-26-2011, 05:25 PM
You were very brave to get up and leave...I would still be sitting there hoping eventually the place would empty...But, than again, I am not passable, so they would of shouted theres a man in here...lol

Persephone
02-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Congratulations on your voyage out!

Two suggestions for the future:

Do not loiter in the ladies' room! Occupying the cubicle for too long will definitely draw attention. Soon they may begin to wonder if you are sick or dead and, next thing you know, someone will be peering over the top!

Do not fail to wash your hands! You made a commitment to follow-through when you went in, so you have to honor that commitment. Women nearly always DO wash their hands and check their hair/makeup. Not washing your hands and rushing from the room was a second powerful signal that something was not right.

Those things MAY have gotten attributed to a woman who wasn't feeling well or something, but, believe me, you were definitely being watched as a result.

diannecourtney
02-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Well its understandable the consternation you felt, but i did not understand that your feminine attire was a disguise. Should I screw up the courage to use the ladies room I would have aplan of escape. Oh by the way I am trying nail extension, they are fun to look at but a trial on the keyboard.

tammy tee
02-26-2011, 05:51 PM
If you are worried you can do a little scouting before venturing out and know where the "safe" unisex bathrooms are. I have noticed more and more unisex or family restrooms in many big box stores.

Tammy

Stephenie S
02-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Yup. Right on. Persephone is correct.

ALWAYS wash your hands. And always smile at the other women. You needn't look perfect, but you need to act properly. SMILE at the others in the lady's room. You don't have to speak. Just smile. Smile, wash your hands, glance in the mirror, and go.

You will do better next time.

S

Jilmac
02-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Marcia, it just gets easier from here. I always use the ladies loo when dressed and have never been shouted down by any other ladies in there at the same time. I just go about my business the same as the others, wash hands, comb hair, check makeup and walk out. If anybody starts a conversation I will talk pleasantly in the best femme voice I can muster. If you keep your cool and don't show any signs of panic you should be able to pull it off whenever you need to use the ladies room.

Sophie86
02-26-2011, 06:07 PM
ALWAYS wash your hands. And always smile at the other women. You needn't look perfect, but you need to act properly. SMILE at the others in the lady's room. You don't have to speak. Just smile. Smile, wash your hands, glance in the mirror, and go.

They can smell fear... :heehee:

Wendy_Marie
02-26-2011, 06:21 PM
Isn't this the part which all us girls need to work on...? the confidence the self assuredness? I know that with me I have been at this long enough that I know where i can go to use the rest room in relative safety...even when I am several hours from home. Certain fast food restraunts for instance here in the states still have bath room access to the exterior of the building and do not even require going inside as do certain gas stations. There are family rest rooms now which are private at many rest areas on the intrstate highways etc... but eventully if you are going to dress on the road, you are going to get caught in need and out of the comfort zone. Just do your buisness, politely say excuse me if you walk out into a crowded room as you wash your hands and leave them with a smile and a story to tell about their encounter. most every Genetic female i have ever befriended has a story to tell about an encounter with a CD...there are more of us there than we ometimes realize.
I have also found that encounters in public with older men are especially pleasant...as many of them are still very courteous and kind to te female gender and will hold doors and let the ladies go in first etc.... I guess that is why I have a soft spot for them.

MarcyRex
02-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Scary and invigorating. Perhaps in remembering this later, you'll realize the fashion police did not hunt you down or let out the hounds. Proper and presentable are the catchwords for me as passable I am not.

docrobbysherry
02-26-2011, 08:47 PM
At the hotel hosting the SCC, "Go in the toilet appropriate to the gender you're dressed as".:)

At Disneyland, while dressed as Cinderella, I asked and they said, "Don't even THINK of going in the womens toilet!":Angry3:

So!?:brolleyes:

Jessica_Dillon
02-26-2011, 09:20 PM
They can smell fear... :heehee:

Well, that just made me laugh out loud!

In all seriousness though, the first few times out are something I can only describe as horrifying! I didn't know of this site, or anyone else when I started several years ago. My support group was my wife. Anyway, over time the things I've noticed makes us stick out the most is those things we do trying not to get "read". Walking with our heads down, hiding behind our hair, looking the other way when someone else is nearby, etc. Acting ladylike, smiling, fixing hair, and yes...washing hands, all help make us feel more feminine, and appear more feminine as well. Congratulations on your first time out! It's all downhill from here!

GirlJess
02-27-2011, 12:24 PM
That feeling of being completely exposed, I can empathize. I would hope that goes away with experience.