PDA

View Full Version : Does Your Weight Fluctuate? (And how does it affect your CDing)

Danielle Gee
02-27-2011, 07:45 AM
I’ve been discussing this with my Girl-Friends in PMs, but I thought it may be a suitable topic for all of us. Sometimes, from summer to winter my weight my will rise as much as 20-30 lbs. I swear the weather in Ohio and this area in general is so bad all I want to do from about November to March is eat, sleep, and watch television.

Woman’s clothes (more so than men’s) are designed to fit ones body more closely. Therefore a bit of extras weight shows immediately. And this further discourages me from becoming Danielle as much as I should.:eek:

I’d be interested in hearing stories from some of the other folks on this forum……..Do any of you have the same problem, and what is you strategy for dealing with it?

Thanks to all in advance:

Danielle:hugs:

Michelle.M
02-27-2011, 08:39 AM
Nearly everyone puts on weight in the winter as we tend to stay indoors and are less active. Exercise becomes difficult, add to that all the rich holiday foods at parties and family gatherings and it's tough to maintain your health, let alone your figure.

I had to make a deliberate effort to override that. I got a treadmill and I do 4 miles a day while I watch TV. I don't have to battle cold, dark early mornings, wind, rain, etc. I don't even have to put on any running clothes.

I also adopted a body builder's diet. 6 small meals a day instead of 3 big ones, high in protein, low in fat.

I have dropped 30 pounds since Christmas, and I was pretty round then. I am starting to see my abs again.

Karren H
02-27-2011, 09:23 AM
Since I play ice hockey all year round I only fluctuate +/- 10 pounds. And I hate it. After loosing 50 pounds 7 years ago... I'll gain weight then plateau and just won't feel like dressing because I know things will be tight... Though my new corset does help during the fat times a lot. Then I loose a couple pounds which will get me incentivified to work my ass of and drop the weight. I joined a couple women's online fitness forums. Ones a spin off of a cosmo radio shop I listen to. Its pretty cool to be considered one of the girls. Lol. And I also subscribe to Shape, Fitness, women's Health and More's facebook fan pages which are all women's health and fitness magazines.

StarrOfDelite
02-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Like most people, I put on weight during the Tgiving/Xmas/New Year season and struggle to lose it for the next two months. I usually manage to reach my target weight by the beginning of warm weather, and here's a couple of tips: First. Monitor yourself regularly. Don't be afraid of the scales and tape measure! I don't have a female SO to deal with, so it's easier to be totally narcissistic weighing every morning and measuring the waistline 2-3 times a week, and IMO just monitoring the situation is the first step. Second, we all know when we've overstepped the 2000-2500 calory line after an orgy at the local Cheesecake Factory or similar, and it's a good idea to burn off that amount the next day, before it's solidified as belly fat. Third, Exercise. Walking briskly for an hour every day is a must. I try to walk everywhere in the City, which has the side benefit of saving on Taxi fares, too. Here's a tip if it's snowing and horrible outside, go to the gym and, if your knees are up to it, just do six or eight sets of 25 reps on the leg press machine and thirty minutes on the treadmill or exercycle; that will burn off at least three hundred calories, which is the amount in your average Krispy Kreme donut. It works, at least for me. I weighed 155 around Halloween, was up to 164 by mid-January, and have now managed to get back to 158. My goal is to get down to 150 and a 29 inch waist by Easter, and I think I just might manage that.

Tina B.
02-27-2011, 11:59 AM
I feel your pain, I've let myself blow up to a terrible size, but my solution was always, just keep shopping for the size I was, I ended up with a ton of clothes that don't fit that way, but the shopping was fun. Then the wife got a great idea, "Lets get rid of all of the clothes that don't fit us, and we will probably never get down to that size again.) During the holidays we both put on even more weight, so We decided it was time to do something about it. Since the beginning of the years I have lost 15 lbs, and things are starting to get a little lose, and I do longer have all those great clothes that where to small, so sooner or later, it will be back to shopping, but this time for clothes that will be a lot more fun, and a lot cuter, than what is available in the plus size dept. But I have never let my size, or looks keep me out of the clothes I love!
Tina B.

docrobbysherry
02-27-2011, 12:13 PM
I sympathize with everyone with weight/size problems. Altho I'm lucky to have "skinny genes" and my weight problems r small, they DO affect my dressing! Because most of Sherry's things r tite or form fitting!

If I add just 5 pounds, it ALL goes to my spare tire! Nothing fem looking about THAT! And as Karren said, that means I MUST wear several girdles or a corset to look decent!

Janine cd
02-27-2011, 12:17 PM
I find that my weight increases by 10 to 15 lbs. during the long winters in Wisconsin. I try to walk at least an hour each day,weather permitting. Wearing loose sweaters and elastic waist skirts helps a lot.

Cristi
02-27-2011, 12:48 PM
I'm active up through November, then can 'glide' into January without really putting anything on. But January and February just kill me. I regularly put on 10-15lbs, then even a bit MORE as I start to exercise again and put on muscle mass.
It doesn't really start to come off again until I can get back on the road regularly (cycling).
In the meantime, I have some 'Summer' skirts that just do NOT fit at all over the Winter. One of my main measurements of how my diet is going is how far I can zip up a few Summer skirts, until I can fit into them again. :)
The only downside (and this would ONLY be a downside for a crossdresser) is that after a Summer of cycling 3K miles or more, my legs are very muscled. Bulging calf and thigh muscles do not look very feminine under a short skirt.

AnnaCalliope
02-27-2011, 12:57 PM
I was blessed with a high metabolism, so I can eat in excess of 3000 calories a day and sometimes lose a pound or two. On top of that, I travel almost exclusively by public transportation, and usually cover 10-15 miles a week on foot. Its not as great as it sounds, though. Some days I have to eat 4-5 big meals to keep my energy levels up, because my body burns calories so fast.

sissystephanie
02-27-2011, 04:45 PM
I think I am one of the more fortunate people. Since I joined the U. S. Navy back in 1950, my wieght has not changed anymore than 5 pounds at any time! Of course I am long since out of the Navy, but with watching my diet and regular exercise I have pretty well maintained my shape. So weight changes have never affected my cossdressing to any real degree. I do have a couple of skirts I cannot wear right at the moment, but in a week or so I will. I have no desire to be a fat man, or a fat crossdresser!!

Vickie_CDTV
02-27-2011, 05:09 PM
The easiest way is to have clothes in a variety of sizes, from the low end of your weight to the high end. Works for me.

Eryn
02-27-2011, 05:21 PM
My weight crept up to a high of 190 over the years, but remembering my family tendency to rapid weight gain after age 50 I've done my best to put a lid on it. The pot belly was getting a bit too evident so I reduced my food intake and made sure that I stayed active in my job. I'm now at 175 and would like to lose a little more. The fit of clothes is not so much an issue for me as my health.

Loni
02-27-2011, 05:29 PM
yes my weight changes, every time i eat i gain.

feal all bloated after having a grease burger last night (12+ hrs ago). first one in a couple months.
my Dr wants me to drop 40 pounds..wish i could.

Megan70
02-27-2011, 05:41 PM
Danielle, I must be one of the lucky ones with my metabolism. My weight will fluctuate no more that 2 to 3 lbs up or down every couple of days, and its been like that for almost 20 years!. I find I am wearing the same size skirts, jackets blouses dresses as i did in the 90's. The waist size cahnges and I appear bloated like a beer belly especially after eating but after digesting overnight its gone back down to normal. However the weight remains even.

DebsUK
02-27-2011, 06:21 PM
As far as weight is concerned I doOK. My weight hasn't gone above 61kg which is about 134lbs or a touch over 9.5st. I've lost a bit in the new year and I'm now down to 58kg, 127.6lb or a touch over 9st so not fluctuating by too much and keeping the same size. I do have trouble with IBS though which means I can get a bit bloated which makes my tummy swell which isn't too pretty :(

Suzette Muguet de Mai
02-27-2011, 06:29 PM
I oscillate as constant as day/night and it frustrates the hell out of me. I am finding the frequency in oscillation is decreasing and so too the variation as my body adjusts towards equilibrium. This is mainly due to diet and exercise routines that I am able to do throughout the year due to the environment where I live.

Ellie Valentine
02-27-2011, 06:41 PM
not really, i am and always will be lightweight

PretzelGirl
03-01-2011, 09:42 PM
My weight crept up to a high of 190 over the years, but remembering my family tendency to rapid weight gain after age 50 I've done my best to put a lid on it..

Looking at your picture, I would say you put a lid on it way ahead of the game.

I went through 20 years in the military with a fairly stable weight due to the exercise. Once I got out I learned quickly that I was going to have to work at it. Had to change the eating habits as exercise only covers up so many evils.

Kathi Lake
03-01-2011, 10:42 PM
Oh, it is not going to be a pretty picture when my metabolism finally slows down! I will have to go from eating what I do now (people are amazed that I don't weigh 300 pounds!), to munching on celery stalks. The worst part? All of my pretty clothes won't fit. Now that's a crying shame!

:)

Kathi

JenniferR771
03-01-2011, 10:50 PM
I am lucky to have skinny genes. Dress size 10 and waist at around 32, but I still gained weight in recent months and I am trying to get my waist down an inch or two. I find it helps to have the scales near the refrigerator--sort of a psychological aura effect. Walk to the park and back each day--2 miles, (although sometimes stop at Goodwill). Vegetarian lunch. Bagel, plain for breakfast.
I am trying to build up muscle in my chest area where I need the help.
When weather is bad I exercise with video tapes Sweatin to the Oldies, (with Richard Simmons), Gilad Jankovich, Denise Austin. Fun to exercise in a leotard with Denise Austin if the wife isn't around.

LIKETODRESS2
03-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Yes my weight seems to go up and up and up I have now gained almost 20 pounds more that i was about a year and a half ago.I jsut stared runing everday after work and on my days off. About 4 pounds in the last 2 weeks of runing at least 45 min on a tedmill

Charise52
03-01-2011, 11:21 PM
Yes it does... in the winter time I tend to gain a few extra pounds, as does everyone... then my favorite skirts do not fit... then everything settles in... and things fit once again...

Sandy Banks
03-01-2011, 11:32 PM
It's gotta be Ohio.....put on a dozen deadly pounds over a really sucky winter......will not dress and go out in public til I lose this weight....:sad: