PDA

View Full Version : Need help with women's sizes

makalya
08-24-2004, 08:33 AM
Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can find a women’s size chart that will convert to men’s sizes? (or visa versa)

I want to buy a very short hip hugger style mini skirt and have no idea what size to purchase and am not comfortable in holding it up to myself to "size it up".

I wear a men's 36 waist in pants and a men's 42 jacket. I'm 6'1" @ 185 lbs.

All help would be appreciated.

Thanks for being here !

Makalya

KewTnCurvy GG
08-24-2004, 08:50 AM
I hate to tell you this but women's sizes vary sooo much. And there are different types:

Juniors (odd numbered, 5, 7, 9 and mostly for teens)
Misses (even numbered, 4, 6, 8 and for women of average height 5'5" to say 5'8")
Tall (same as misses except for taller, i.e., 5'9" to say 6'1")
Petite (same as misses except for shorter than 5'5" and may go down to say 4'11")
Women's (these are for say size 14 or above and can go to numbers say 30)
(30 is very, very large)

Ok, now where to get size charts. Would recommend QVC, Lands End, JJill (of course, this is my favourite store), HSN, etc. Those should give you some good ideas and find where your measurements place you. With the measurements you gave you're probably a tall size 18 or 20. Hope this helps!
hugs
kew

makalya
08-25-2004, 06:32 AM
KEW...thanks for the tips.

Size 18 - 20 !!! For some reason I don't like the sound of that size. It just dosen't sound feminine.

Maybe we should come up with our own scale for "us girls" where smaller numbers are bigger sizes.

Thanks again

Makalya

Anne Charlotte
08-25-2004, 07:01 AM
I find this a terrible burden.......I am UK size 18 in trousers......but I can fit into a size 12 skirt with elasticated waist.........but am size 20 or 22 in tops......44B bra..............basically, try them on in the shop...if you have the nerve ??? :o

LOL Anne

Sonya Love
08-25-2004, 10:11 PM
Ooh, women's sizes are tricky and all over the place. One quick rule of thumb is to add two to your man's shoe size, and that's your size in women's shoes (US anyway).

Miss Vicki
08-26-2004, 02:03 AM
I am close to the same measurments that you are. I can wear a size 16. It is a little snug, however, the garments feel great. I can also fit into large sizes.

I do suggest that you do not spend a lot of cash at one store until you find the correct size for you.

Good Luck.

Miss Vicki

Julie
08-26-2004, 03:41 AM
I have two pages that have information to help do conversions on my website. Click on sizing charts (https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/welcome/sizing.htm) or sizing conversions (https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/welcome/women.htm). Hope this helps,

Julie

Amber_Chgo
08-26-2004, 10:10 AM
Best suggestion I can make is to shop stores with good return policies. I buy a lot from Target, OldNavy and Marshall Fields. If it doesnt fit, I send it back and they ship out a new size.

Enjoy !!!

Amber

makalya
08-26-2004, 08:13 PM
Hey all,
I can't thank all of you who responded enough. I'm sure can't be the omly one who faces the world of sizes dilemma.

I am so grateful that this entire forum has been put together for us girls so I have a place where I can learn, enjoy, relax, and have the support of others that also participate in cross dressing.

Julie. I'll be checking your links next...

Thanks all you wonderful dolls

Makalya