PDA

View Full Version : are girls mysoginistic to other girls?

Mistress Frillee
09-22-2005, 11:27 AM
I think so, I would say that girls are inherently more competitive with one another than guys are and the things they do to hurt each are more subtle and cruel than the blunt and stupid things that guys do to one another....

Whats your opinion?

Mistress Frillee
09-22-2005, 11:32 AM
does this sum it up?

http://www.somethingpositive.net/sp11052004.shtml

Katie Ashe
09-22-2005, 12:15 PM
The way I see it
Women are more Emotionally
Men are more Physical

In competition..

EmilyLaFond
09-22-2005, 12:57 PM
This is what I saw going on in my highschool, well the girls would spread rumors all most to hurt each other mentally, but the guys the would hurt u phyiscally. One example was their was a gay kid and he would hang out with the girls you no, and one of the girls bf got pissed and kicked the **** out of him and then if a girls bf was hanging out with another girl, his gf would spread rumors about that girl.

Rachel Ann
09-22-2005, 01:50 PM
I'm not sure "misogynistic" is the right word, since girls tend to have friends even if they bully other girls. But, yes, some girls (and grown women) have an incredible capacity for being mean to each other.

I've noticed that in everyday settings, women are more nurturing of each other than men, but also more critical of each other (that outfit's wrong, your coffee cup is dirty) than men would be.

Boys will physically bully other boys (again, often in packs), and a handful continue this sort of thing in the workplace later (although it becomes less physical and more subtle at that point). As a kid, I just sort of accepted it as part of a boy's life.

DragonLotus
09-22-2005, 06:40 PM
As a GG I can say ab-so-lutely.

I don't wish for my statement to get me flamed or cause me to have to sit through an erudite ten paragraph discourse on why I'm so wrong (complete with footnotes and bibliography), so I'll offer the disclaimer that it's only an opinion.

I'm basing it on my own life experiences as a woman. I don't know if I'd call it mysogyny, though.....it's more like survival of the fittest (or most devious). lol

Rachel Ann
09-23-2005, 02:00 AM
For the record, misogyny means "Hatred of, or hostility toward, women". Not particular women, all women.

FionaAlexis
09-23-2005, 03:07 AM
Well not misogyny - it's much more specific.

But if my teen daughter is anything to go by - then that is the case. She is forever telling us 'this girl's' a **** and 'that girl's' a suck.

I used to manage a department that was 90% female and, generally, the 10% males were as much, if not more, into back stabbing, bitching and sensitive to the 'pecking order' as the 90% females.

I also think trannies are very competitive and 'one up girlship' is rife in trannydom.

Fiona xx