PDA

View Full Version : Pierced ears

Patrice_CD
02-28-2011, 05:16 PM
I've had my left ear pierced for years so tonight I'm going to get the right one done so I can wear some nice ear rings this summer. Plus I'll have the benefit of wearing something here at work:battingeyelashes:

Julogden
02-28-2011, 05:27 PM
Great! I think you're going to really like having both ears pierced so that you can wear some of the great earrings that are available only in pireced styles.

I did one ear at a time too. I did my right ear first, and wore a rhinestone stud in it while it healed, then I quit wearing it to work for a few months before doing the left ear. I got a quizzical look or two, but no one ever said anything to me.

That was back in 1985, and I've never regretted it, as I love big, dangly earrings, and they tend to fall off if they're clip-ons, not to mention being very uncomfortable.

Have fun!

Carol

Nikki A.
02-28-2011, 06:50 PM
Did mine a few years apart also and never have regretted it. Will wear one or two small studs at work. So far so good

Cynthia Anne
02-28-2011, 07:31 PM
That is great Patrice! And old saying: for a boy, Left ear is the right ear, the right ear is the wrong ear, both ears is a girl! Happy you joined the crowd!

Patrice_CD
02-28-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm back.... Got it done. The woman that did my ear was able to match the size of the diamond I already had. Granted, they are not the same as my left ear is a higher quality diamond and the one in my right ear was $18. At least they match closely. Will be happy when I can get a matching pair. Thanks gurls!

xd-tigger
02-28-2011, 08:17 PM
I have both of my ears pierced too, although they have 24mm tunnels in. Nevermind lol.

StarrOfDelite
03-03-2011, 11:04 AM
That is great Patrice! And old saying: for a boy, Left ear is the right ear, the right ear is the wrong ear, both ears is a girl! Happy you joined the crowd!

I remember that old saying, but it is really, really old and out-dated! I would bet that nowadays the majority of ear piercings done on males are for both ears. I've had both ears pierced for about five years now, and no one has ever said anything in all kinds of bars in places as diverse as New York City, Rust Belt Ohio and Pennsylvania, southern California, and Florida.

I must admit that I do wimp-out and remove the earrings (I usually wear small hoops or studs in drab) if I'm making a presentation or conducting a meeting with a client. Somehow the vestiges of my straight life keep telling me that earrings are not appropriate with a B2 or RL Polo 3-piece suit.

Patrice_CD
03-03-2011, 11:16 AM
My earings were brought up in yesterdays marketing meeting I was told. The marketing director told the group that the firm needed more progressive people like me and specifically mentioned my new earings. It was flattering to hear she said that about me. I work in an engineering company and most are all pretty boring even the women.

RenneB
03-03-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm not ready for the hole in the ear trick and have opted for the pierced to clip on conversion. Waiting on the postman now...

Jessica_Dillon
03-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Patrice, I did the same thing years ago and got my left ear pierced. I'm planning on going and getting the right one done soon. My problem is that my job absolutely forbids males to have earrings. Soooooo, I've got to find some vacation time, stacked against sick time for a few weeks off to do this...then I can take it out for at least a few hours while at work. At least...I think that's the best plan.

Patrice_CD
03-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Jessica, since you will be on a time constraint, get a starter hoop instead of a stud. When I had it done she told me the hoop heals a bit faster since the air circulates more. I just didn't want hoops here at work.

Briana90802
03-03-2011, 11:53 PM
Patrice, I did the same thing years ago and got my left ear pierced. I'm planning on going and getting the right one done soon. My problem is that my job absolutely forbids males to have earrings. Soooooo, I've got to find some vacation time, stacked against sick time for a few weeks off to do this...then I can take it out for at least a few hours while at work. At least...I think that's the best plan.

I plan on getting my right ear pierced too since I have my left done already. But like you they forbid males to have pierced ears. Soooo, I went to hot topic and got some 18 gauge clear studs for when I'm working.

Billie Jean
03-04-2011, 12:14 AM
I see lots of men who have both ears pierced now days and it seems to be the fashion. I go to lots of bike rallies and see it as the norm in that crowd. Billie Jean

Angie G
03-04-2011, 12:28 AM
Do it you will love it.:hugs:
Angie

Jessica_Dillon
03-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Jessica, since you will be on a time constraint, get a starter hoop instead of a stud. When I had it done she told me the hoop heals a bit faster since the air circulates more. I just didn't want hoops here at work.

Wow! Good to know. I hadn't heard that one yet, thanks Patrice!

Chloe Renee
03-04-2011, 09:52 PM
I just got mine done tonight, it was a bit more pricey than I had planned. But, I would rather pay a bit more to be done by a pro piercer who I trust than someone with a stud gun at the mall. I got 16g's the wife went and got 12g's with plans to gauge up to a 4g ( about diameter of a pencil). Now to see what hell I catch tomorrow at work. Oh well, my life my choice, I'm not violating policy anywhere.

Time to convert my clips back to pierced earrings.

stephiemont
03-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Oh you silly girls. Get it done free. All you need is a stud as the piercer and and a butterfly or any other homing device. Push the spikey bit against your ear lobe where you want to pierce, push till you can feel the point on the other side, apply the butterfly and push the two together. There will be a pop as the two join, a little blood perhaps but you will have a pierced ear. Leave the two together for as long as you can. and keep redoing in the evenings if poss. You could make it heal quicker with some denatured alcohol if you like.

Stephie M.

stephiemont
03-06-2011, 03:55 PM
I've heard that too. Plus the denatured alcohol as well.Stephie M

O2B Barbara
03-06-2011, 04:15 PM
I work in an engineering company and most are all pretty boring even the women.

Hi Patrice,

It is nice to hear that there are opportunities to make a positive statement with the things that mean so much to us. I am glad to hear that your company sees this a positive and not outside the norm.

I am also in the Engineering Department of a MidWest utility, have both ears pierced and have let the hair grow past the shoulders. I do get a fair amount of comments from my fellow employees, mostly a tease, though some is pretty nasty. The only comments that I have ahd from customers are from those that have known me for a few years. So far it hasn't hurt job performance.

Wish you the best and find a few pairs that just might push the envelope a bit, it is a lot of fun!

Hugs,