PDA

View Full Version : Going back to "drab"

Samantha43
02-28-2011, 08:17 PM
I took a four day weekend from work to be Samantha. I got home from work Thursday evening and put on my makeup, glued on some artificial nails and got dressed. I have been 100% Samantha since then. My wife even calls me Sami and enjoys having her best girlfriend visit! Now it's Monday evening and my time as Samantha is drawing to a close. I'm finding it very difficult to go back to my normal drab self, even though I have to. I do this several times a year, and each time it gets more difficult to go back. I guess the pink fog has a firm hold on me.

Oh well, I have had a wonderful time and there's always next weekend!

Does any one else go through this agony?

BiancaEstrella
02-28-2011, 08:21 PM
I agonize whenever I have to switch back to Daniel from Dani, it could be 10 minutes or an entire weekend. Hopefully you took pics and made memories over the course of the weekend! It's great that your wife accepts Sami as well :)

Cynthia Anne
02-28-2011, 08:33 PM
I hear you! And feel for you! I see no chance of the Pink fog lifting anyways soon!

sissystephanie
02-28-2011, 08:37 PM
You are extremely lucky to have a wife that accepts Sami as yours does. My late wife accepted Stephanie because she knew I was a CD when we married!!

Years ago, when our children were grown and out of the house, I used to dress as Stephanie in a very similar fashion. My late wife loved it when I did that becaue she really loved Stephanie. We woiuld go out together as two girls and have a lot of fun. Now that I am a widower, I dress (at least to some extent) almost every day. I don't have any problems changing because I know that I can always change back if I want to!!

Jeannie
02-28-2011, 08:54 PM
It always seems to be a real big let down and somewhat saddening to change back to drab. Almost like Jeannie is going away and never coming back. But she always does, so that's a happy thought.

Jeannie

t-girlxsophie
02-28-2011, 10:38 PM
I work nights and on those days The worst part is having to change for my shift,but I am lucky that tomorrow is another day and more often than not I will be back in something pretty again

ReineD
02-28-2011, 11:03 PM
I asked my SO once if she ever felt that way and she did say yes, sometimes, and other times she was just ready to have her guy self come out again. But most of the time she moves on from dressing as she would any other enjoyable experience. In the last ten years she hasn't had any constraints, other than her job, that prevented her from dressing though.

I wonder if it has to do with feeling the choice is not yours, as opposed to knowing that it is? I'm just asking.

suchacutie
02-28-2011, 11:15 PM
For me there is never enough time for Tina. Life is just very full, and we're just not able to change that yet. For me that means Tina gets shorter blocks of time, say 10 hours or so. The result is that she is just getting used to having shiny nails and after having put in all that time and effort to BE Tina, it all has to come off. As a result we've tried to structure it so that Tina's day ends around midnight when she's tired and ready for bed. She takes a shower but leaves on the nail polish until the next morning when it all seems less traumatic.

I do have a trip at the end of the month for a week and that will mean that any time I'm not in a professional capacity, Tina will be there unless I'm just exhausted from the day. It will be interesting to see how that goes, knowing that it's just a question of effort!

2SpeedTranny
03-01-2011, 03:57 AM
I wonder if it has to do with feeling the choice is not yours, as opposed to knowing that it is? I'm just asking.

That's how it was for me. A lot changed when the point came that I decided there was nothing standing in the way of dressing however I wished. When it became my choice and mine alone... there was nothing out of reach to pine for.

Suppose it's a particular human failing we all know we have... we all want what we can't or don't have. "If I can just have this one thing, I'll be happy!"

Tasha McIntyre
03-01-2011, 04:53 AM
Wow Samantha, your post is so cool on so many levels. I am so jealous that you get extended periods to indulge, and have such a wonderful wife that will even call you by your femme name.

To answer your question though, I get a few hours during the daytime every week or so to shine, and yes it is very sad and agonizing to let Tash go. Sometimes the only thing that makes it bearable is that I do get a few chunks of hours every week to do my thing.

Tash :)

KrystalA
03-01-2011, 06:32 AM
I think just about 3 full days is the longest Krystal has been complete, although she is complete for at least a few hours every day, and quite often for the full day. I always hate when she has to go, but it's such a great feeling every time I bring her back. My SO comes by my home every day, and she's most likely to come in and find Krystal. On the days she comes in and I'm dressed in guy mode she's a bit disappointed, so that makes it even better the next day when she finds Krystal. Gotta love having an accepting, supportive SO.

JohnH
03-01-2011, 09:13 AM
For me being en femme is simply throwing on a dress instead of shirt and pants, and I am free to do so at any time. I don't make a big deal about being "en femme" so it is not a big deal for me to be drab either. Besides you can think of what a lot of women wear as being in drab.

My wife calls me "John" or sometimes "Johanna" independent of what I am wearing at the time. So I don't have a second personality when I am en femme.

With me there is no distinct mode of being en femme or en homme. On Sunday mornings I wear lipstick and blush with my male clothes. When I have a dress on around the house I usually don't bother with makeup unless I am wearing a formal dress with hose and heels.

Johanna

Emily Ann Brown
03-01-2011, 10:12 AM
YES..I can relate. And my wait is only 8 hrs a day. I am such a wimp. SMILE

After three days straight, a friend has to come ever , undress me, and hose me down.

Em

Chickhe
03-01-2011, 12:00 PM
I have had that happen. I spent most of a few days enfemme when my family members were away and really enjoyed it. When they returned, I was really happy because I enjoyed my weekend, but at the same time felt really sad that I had to put it all away. It is a unique experience. I tried to just remember what I enjoyed and recalling those moments still brings me a smile.

Abbey Lane
03-01-2011, 12:06 PM
Well since I work from home I daily can dress and then by 5:30pm return to male state. But last week wife was away a week and did so much dressing even went to bed every night in my silky night shirt. Oh it was nice. Got to wear nail polish too. I wanted to do fake french nails but was to scared they wouldn't come off.

Nikki A.
03-01-2011, 12:10 PM
I try to get as much Nikki time as I can. While it's hard to go back, sometimes it's also nice to have my male side to go back to.
For me though I think I would be most pleased if I could kind of be in between. Dress fem without the make-up, wig etc.

JohnH
03-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Abbey, I feel bad for you. If I worked from home I would NOT be required by my wife to return to drab - the only time I would be required to return to drab would be when I went to church. Maybe some day your wife will tolerate your crossdressing in front of her. Last night I was in drab. She asked me pointedly why I was wearing pants instead of a dress. And I do wear silky nightgowns to bed with the blessings of my wife.

Johanna

Christy_M
03-01-2011, 01:42 PM
I feel your pain. I get so anxious and depressed whenever I have to un-girl. It is more of a sense of loss than anything else. I can't wait to be me and then I have to earn a living and be a good father and husband for my family. I love doing all of it and can never seem to get it all working at the same time.

Sally24
03-01-2011, 02:46 PM
After a multi day experience it is always hard to switch back. I sometimes will stall by working on the computer or something. Some girls actually cry. I just.feel sad/let down. I am sure that if I had more time to be Sally that it would not be such a problem.

Jilmac
03-01-2011, 04:24 PM
When I get back into drab after a long enjoyable time as Jill I usually sigh and tell myself that all good things must end but there will be many more next times.

Samantha43
03-02-2011, 06:36 PM
I asked my SO once if she ever felt that way and she did say yes, sometimes, and other times she was just ready to have her guy self come out again. But most of the time she moves on from dressing as she would any other enjoyable experience. In the last ten years she hasn't had any constraints, other than her job, that prevented her from dressing though.

Good question Reine. It really is my choice to go back to the male me. I wouldn't trade my male self for a life as Samantha. While being Samantha is a wonderful and rewarding hobby, she can't replace the other great things in my life. I guess the best way to describe my feeling is like the letdown of coming home after a great vacation and having to go back to work.

Yes, there are also times when I'm just tired of crossdressing and don't do it for several months.

Kate Simmons
03-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Well I guess a lot of us know just how Cinderella felt after midnight Hon.:)

christym
03-07-2011, 04:27 AM
Well, Samantha, you have a great smile, great hair, great taste in clothes, and more--please don't deprive the forum of your presence for too long a time, dear.

Cheers,
Christy

Haley Heather
03-07-2011, 06:57 PM
I go through this agony 5 mornings a week :(

kimdl93
03-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Yes, both ways. For the past few years, (after the last kid left the nest) I have been able to dress nearly full time at home, except for when work took me away from home. So, after 3-4 days on the road, I was so ready to get home again and get dressed up. Lately, one of the girls has been staying with us, so my dressing time has been further limited to a few hours per day - and those long weekends en femme have been few and far between. I know I get a little edgy and antsy....ok down right irritable, when my dressing time is limited!