PDA

View Full Version : First time dressed in front of other eyes, success!

the_me
03-01-2011, 11:31 AM
First time out in public (well, from the car to the hotel, then later outside for a smoke) went off without a hitch! Managed to make it out the reception for our local Winterfest (mentioned in the events section of these forums I believe).

It was a little scary at first, I parked a block away and did most of my changing in the car on the side of a not-so-busy street, and walked the block with my favorite girl in the world right now, Alberta Pat! <3

What a night! Met so many great girls at the event, and a few I've met before in male-mode, had some good drink, a great time, and even got to show off a (very little) bit in public having a smoke. Think I surprised a lady who bumped into me in the elevator a little when she heard my deep voice say "no problem".

But girls, if you haven't been out dressed yet, there really is nothing else like it! Go with a friend or two if you can, it really takes the edge off, and once you get out there you won't want to go home! I even managed to walk alone at 12am back to my car! Maybe not the smartest idea, admittedly, but by that point I felt so confident, I just did it without second thoughts or regrets!

Strangely enough, I seem to have managed to elude the cameras at the event, so I just took one of myself and threw it up as my profile picture, and a makeup test I did a few days before as my avatar, and will promise to show off more as the pictures are taken!

This must be how it feels to win an award or something :D

AlanaBCD
03-01-2011, 11:49 AM
Congrats on your first time out. It is a thrill, I am sure you will have even better experiences ahead.

Gizmo, Debbie
03-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Being yourself and letting your hair down is rather addictive isn't it? Best part is there is no cure for the addiction and unlike other addictions this one is usualy encoraged.:heehee::hugs:

Patrice_CD
03-01-2011, 12:16 PM
Yes, congrats on your first outing. Once you get over the initial fear, it's a great feeling. Enjoy

Patrice

Kerrylee61
03-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Ah ha.. another Edmonton girl. First Winterfest is always a ton of fun! Been there myself in my "Younger" years. Now I look too much like my mother so I don't do much of anything anymore in the TG line. Sad but true. Anyway, glad you enjoyed yourself up here in the frozen north. March 1st and -35 C. Time once again for the fur lined bra.

Kerry

the_me
03-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Ah ha.. another Edmonton girl. First Winterfest is always a ton of fun! Been there myself in my "Younger" years. Now I look too much like my mother so I don't do much of anything anymore in the TG line. Sad but true. Anyway, glad you enjoyed yourself up here in the frozen north. March 1st and -35 C. Time once again for the fur lined bra.

Kerry

I am only thankful it wasn't this cold the day of the reception! I would have frozen instantly in my skirt the moment I stepped out of the car... make a pretty ice statue though I'd bet. Haha.

Quite a few of us made it, even a few from Calgary were in the neighborhood and came by! Can't wait for the next outing. Going to have to find something cute and bar/club appropriate though.

Cynthia Anne
03-01-2011, 01:02 PM
So happy for you on your first time out! Now that the first time is out of the way, you'll find it easier to go out! Have fun!

Billie Jean
03-01-2011, 08:06 PM
So happy for you on your first time out! Now that the first time is out of the way, you'll find it easier to go out! Have fun!Yeah, you'll be looking for excuses to get out. Went out for the first time last month and wound up doing it again in less than a week. I didn't count the shopping spree the week before the first time at the club. Now I'm planning my next time already. Billie Jean

Jessica_Dillon
03-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Congrats on your first outting! It's so much fun. As has already been written...it's addicting! I love getting out and wearing some of my favorite clothes, and accesories!