PDA

View Full Version : Technical Crossdressers

Gina X
03-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Has anybody else noticed that probably all crossdressers have a job, occupation or an interest in the technical subjects such as computers or engineering, there are one or two notable exceptions who are artists but in the main we seem to be Techies or allied occupations ..................

Niya W
03-01-2011, 12:38 PM
It's not just you Gina. For me things are magnified by the fact that I'm in Silicon Valley . But Even when I travel north 110 miles I still see techies. Oh and Gina I would not limit that state to just CDs. Most of the TS I know are or have been in hi tech industries .

Avana
03-01-2011, 12:39 PM
I posted this before in a similar thread, but since internet messageboards tend to be the domain of such people (technical, maybe socially awkward), and economic (and therefore potentially national and or racial) subset, the crossdressers that use this forum are going to be a subset that reflects that. I don't think you can make the claim that you make about all crossdressers. This doesn't even take into account the underprivileged crossdressers, transgender people, and transsexuals who don't have computer or internet access.

Beth Wilde
03-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Do air traffic controllers count? lol

TerriM
03-01-2011, 12:56 PM
I have to disagree with this opinion. I have been going out since 1978 and during that time I have met members of the TG community from all works of life. The 1st CD I talked to in person turned out to be a fireman and I was a police officer at the time. I have met lawyers, mechanics, accountants, teachers. I think there is no specfic occupation field that TG's fall into.

Yours Terri

TGMarla
03-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Yup. I own my own IT consulting firm.

That's not to say that there aren't plumbers, electricians, schoolteachers, accountants, lawyers, heads of the FBI, movie directors, actors........(infinity) .......who crossdress.

We truly span all walks of life.

Deanna B
03-01-2011, 01:16 PM
hi Gina. i can just about read and write. if my wife did not help me i would not be here but i make it up with enthusiasm. i love to dress and to chat. but the funny thing is i work for my self and good at it to. hope this does not put a spanner in the work?love deanna

Diana Rae
03-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Retired truck driver here. I gues I fractured the mold a bit.

suzy1
03-01-2011, 01:41 PM
hi Gina. i can just about read and write. if my wife did not help me i would not be here but i make it up with enthusiasm. i love to dress and to chat. but the funny thing is i work for my self and good at it to. hope this does not put a spanner in the work?love deanna

It doesn’t put a spanner in the works Deanna, You just inspire the rest of us.
A big hug from, SUZY

Lissa Stevens
03-01-2011, 01:43 PM
I work in hospital maintenance and before that a machining line in an automobile parts factory. Can you say Blue Collar?

Melissa Jill
03-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Im a scientist. Currently trying to get a lab job in the pharmaceutical industry.

Annette_boy
03-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Hi Everyone

Perhaps the view is skewed a bit because we are all on line atm.This would predispose towars a "Techie" leaning among us. I am Retired Military(Navy) and have noticed a large fraction of us in services.Military police fire EMT and other "manly" professions .Perhaps a sign of our denile phase. I also have met anf chatted online with sisters from all walks of life.
Hugs Annette

sissystephanie
03-01-2011, 02:13 PM
I am a Technical Insurance Agent!! LOL! By that I mean I sell only to Senior Citizens and I am a self employed independent agent!

CharleneT
03-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Oh fiddle faddle, I know people who cross dress who are every type. Get out with a local group or two and I think you'll see it is wide spread.

Crystal Alberta
03-01-2011, 02:15 PM
I guess I'm an exception - I'm probably one of the least "technical" people I know. I had to get my dad to teach me how to use an iPod, and even then I had trouble with it! Fortunately, my job is more about working with people and being creative.

Crystal

Chastitycd
03-01-2011, 02:17 PM
I was a Paramedic for about 12 years. Now I own my own business doing Construction.

Loni
03-01-2011, 02:26 PM
i would say here on line you would tend to see more of the tech savvy type. no mater what the site is about.
but i am a heavy hauling hwy operating engineer. sounds great :-) does it not...but in real life it just is plane old truck driver.

Bethany38
03-01-2011, 02:34 PM
Retired truck driver/ mechanic/ welder/ Jack of any and all trades that has to do with machinery.

Elle1946
03-01-2011, 02:53 PM
Another crack in the mold, railroad engineer, I drove the train.

Jannette H
03-01-2011, 03:12 PM
Last job, sales associate for MCSS at Fort Lewis. They want me back. Thinking about it.

Karen 812
03-01-2011, 03:15 PM
I don't know where I fit,- I'm a private investigater and certified aircraft mechanic. And am building my own plane.

Misti
03-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Hi Gina,
I am in that small (?) Band of Brothers, er, strike that, "~ Sisters," that are pretty deep into IT; computers to be precise. Ergo, this gives me an opening to respond to your thread: :2c:
Comment 1(st). To be true, your supposition needs to be reinforced with, say, an unofficial survey of the girls' technical backgrounds herein, which is doubtful that can happen, at best; :sad:
Comment 2(nd). There does seem to be a large number of former military here, who may be into IT, also, but then, that isn't inreferred/referred to in your question/equation; :)
Comment 3(rd). Back to #1, as a personal plea, I really need the help of at least one of those sisters in the Las Vegas area that are well versed in the security niche of IT, specifically security software development (BTW, if this shoe fits anyone here, then kindly (said. "Please") feel free to PM me): :strugglin: and,
Comment 4(th). Well, I've run out of Comments, for the time being. :D
Thanks for bringing the thought up, hope this thread gets lots of play, as it is thought provoking/stimulating, just like most of the threads on the forum are.
Success, and Love to All, :yrtw:
Misti

Savanna
03-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Interesting observation and still unanswered questions. Several years ago I remember reading about an online survey done about 8 or 10 years ago. The study or attempted study was trying to identify any common characteristics among CDs. It showed that most were in technical or professional careers, were relatively well educated and had higher than average incomes. The problem with the sample, as someone quickly pointed out, was that the results generally fit the profile of all men using the internet at the time. Besides the computer techies, some others were already using personal computers in their work even before the www. Accountants, for example, who were already using the pc for spreadsheets, presentations and so forth, were among the first non-techies to buy their own computers at home and went online fairly early.

A lot has changed since then. If not everyone, most people are online these days. So, we're probably more representative of the whole. Still, some people are just more inclined to communicate online than others. We might see some difference if we looked at the types of work done by CDs who meet up in real life groups. But, I don't quite know how they get together, if not online first. I was online very early. Until then I had no idea there was any community of CDs or how to connect to others.

ChanDelle
03-01-2011, 03:23 PM
On the contrary, it seems there's a very broad spectrum of occupations represented here. From airline pilots, military, construction, real estate, etc. The longer I'm here, the more the variety in many ways.

ChanDelle

GingerLeigh
03-01-2011, 03:31 PM
Do skilled trades count? If so.. then I'm in agreement.

Ginger

countrygirl
03-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Working in a Hospital.

KarenCDFL
03-01-2011, 03:41 PM
I noticed this many years ago.

I have a few Cd's I have become acquainted with locally and all of us in are some form of either programming or I.T Services.

gwenbeth
03-01-2011, 03:43 PM
Ok you found out my big secret: I am a programmer. I can remember back when I was a kid always having an interest in computers, but it wasn't until I was a teenager that I actually experimented with programming. A first there was the thrill of just writing a few statements, but I eventually progressed to writing whole programs. After a while I finally got up the nerve to buy my own computer, so that I didn't have to "borrow" computer cycles from others. Eventually I didn't do it for the excitement, but because it felt comfortable and natural. And I realized that this was who i was meant to be, and that I should be proud of who I am, even if not every one is comfortable around nerds.

My name is Gwen and I am a programmer

Jilmac
03-01-2011, 03:44 PM
As far as computers and other electronic items, I'm lost,,, I guess I never could consider myself a techie, and as far as engineering I have been at odds with most engineers I've met on the job. I have worked in the skilled trades all my adult life, trained as a carpenter but also skill in equipment operation, masonry and concrete, roofing, and structural maintenance. So if skilled trades count then I'm in otherwise I guess i'm just an orphan crossdresser.

Jessica86
03-01-2011, 03:50 PM
I have a computer science degree...........but.....am doing nothing computer science related.

DonniDarkness
03-01-2011, 04:12 PM
I own my own business as a cabinet/furniture builder. I build custom works of art in woods and composite materials. I have also been an artist since childhood. I also rebuild cars and motorcycles.

......oh and i guess i should mention my A+ cert in Pc repair......

-Donni-

carhill2mn
03-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Yes, I have noticed this but it may be that I am more aware of this as I was in a "technical" occupation. I suspect that if an "honest" study were done, there would be many from a great variety of occupations.

Kate Simmons
03-01-2011, 04:41 PM
I think it's more of an interest in how things work and the process than technology per se.:)

Karren H
03-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Multiple engineering degrees... Build my own computers. Do my own auto mechanics. Do my own home remodeling... If I can't fix it, I don't want it. And I'm very outgoing. Funny when I learned to play guitar I was labeled as a very good technical guitar player. But really lacked that art mentality. Really can't do painting or art .... But give me makeup and it seems to be completely different. Same way with fashion. Its like crossdressing is tapping into that side of my brain that has been ignored all my life. My technical side doesn't use it and really wouldn't let me use it... But when I crossdress. I can line my eyes without a straight edge! Lol.

Phyliss Hdson
03-01-2011, 05:13 PM
I have also notcied a vast majority of crossdresser come from proffession that require uniforms, ie, pilots, police, military, etc
and of course boat captains. LOL

LitaKelley
03-01-2011, 05:13 PM
I work from home, self employed since 2005 as a graphic designer, web developer, internet marketer, SEO, etc.. I was part time in this from 2000 to 2005 while working at a law firm.. Decided to quit the law firm since I can make more doing next to nothing than working my ass off for someone else to profit off of.... Ironic though, that since I come out that I have less interest in my work and although I can get by on residual income from completed projects, I lack motivation to do more.. I think it's something to do with my now womanly thinking, since the majority of my work is in online adult entertainment.. Nonetheless, I am planning on seeking part time work where my fem self can be out there and work, and I hope I can land a job at Victorias Secret, Dress Barn, Dots, Fashion Bug or some other female clothing retail, etc.. OMG that would be so great.. I'd love it, even though a years pay from this would be less than what I make in a month now sitting at a computer goofing off all day

OccasionalSkirt
03-01-2011, 05:17 PM
I have also notcied a vast majority of crossdresser come from proffession that require uniforms, ie, pilots, police, military, etc
and of course boat captains. LOL

And none of those uniforms look good on a girl...at least I know I don't buy the female uniforms for my service!

Kathryn Philips
03-01-2011, 05:21 PM
I am a techie girl too. A degree in Mining Enginering but now work with databases and some programming...

lmildcd
03-01-2011, 05:36 PM
I have a teaching certificate for Mathematics in my state. Did teach in the past. Currently working towards an Accounting degree. Built my own website when Yahoo had free websites. I guess I fall into your description in a small way.

NicoleScott
03-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Funny when I learned to play guitar I was labeled as a very good technical guitar player. But really lacked that art mentality. Really can't do painting or art .... But give me makeup and it seems to be completely different. Same way with fashion. Its like crossdressing is tapping into that side of my brain that has been ignored all my life.

Karren, maybe you should play guitar while crossdressed. That might unleash your musical creativity.

Eryn
03-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Engineer here. Not the train kind, darn. I do something else now, but still technical.

I don't think that the "only techies use the internet" argument is as valid today as it was say, 10 years ago. Everyone is on the 'net these days, including the homeless.

I tend to agree with Karren about the artistic outlet. My drab side isn't artistic or musical, but I think that Eryn is considerably more open to such things.

That's an interesting thought about our technical/manly/uniformed/etc. professions being related to a denial phase. It could be true in my case, but I'm too close to the action to be objective.

Sapphire
03-01-2011, 07:05 PM
... since internet messageboards tend to be the domain of such people (technical, maybe socially awkward), and economic (and therefore potentially national and or racial) subset, the crossdressers that use this forum are going to be a subset that reflects that.

I would have to agree with Avana on this.

DebsUK
03-01-2011, 07:31 PM
I'm a Clinical Biochemist so scientific, if not IT related. It's probably not surprising for all sorts of reason: we're on an internet forum which (until not that long ago at least) required some computing nouse so we there is an element of self-seection; we are mostly from a conventional family, mostly raised as male and so channeled towards what are accepted as male type jobs; we have developed from within the womb and beyond as male and therefore have (to a greater or lesser extent) brains with male architecture which develop to give an evolutionary advantage at skills that lend themselves to technical tasks etc

BRANDYJ
03-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Lots of good comments. But really, we come from all walks of life. I don't think the techies have an edge on the rest if us. As for me? I have done just about every kind of work you can think of. My passion was as a golf professional and owning 2 golf shops. In fact the first computer i ever touched was in 1991 when I opened my first golf shop. That was before Windows came along, so I had to learn DOS. I had very little interest in the thing except what it did for my inventory control, POS, and accounting. I did not get interested in the computer until I closed that shop and took one of the units home with me. Well it wold not boot one day, so I took it to a small computer shop that was in the same shopping center as my second golf shop. Turned out the think was outdated and not worth repairing, so I had them build me a new tower. I got to know the guy that ran the shop and started hanging around. Before you know it, I was there helping him assemble computers! Before al that, I sold guns, ammo, hunting, fishing and marine supplies for a big wholesale company. I traveled a good part of Florida. I did that for about 8 years until i got tired of all the driving. I also sold Real Estate...golf course properties was m specialty. I even sold furniture at one time. Tried selling cars too. Long before any of that, I managed an auto center. After that, I became a Master Accredited Frigidaire technician. Today I work for a small hardware chain managing their sporting goods department.
There are a few fill in jobs I've had that are not worth mentioning, like right out of school, I worked on a dredge. Then I worked on building high rise condos. But you can call me a jack (or Jill) of all trades and master of some. The most rewarding was my golf business. I built and custom fit golf clubs, gave lessons and even coached a few minor tour players. I have built clubs and fit clubs that have seen most all the major PGA/LPGA tournaments in the hands of some notable players.

Karren H
03-01-2011, 07:35 PM
I am a techie girl too. A degree in Mining Enginering but now work with databases and some programming...

I thought all the mines over there shut down? We were flooded with NCB'er for a long time. Btw. Mining engineering also.... and geological engineering! :)

Ohhh and I tried playing guitar but with long nails I can barley type or answer my phone let alone play guitar. Lol.

Raychel
03-01-2011, 07:43 PM
We certainly hold all kinds of jobs. I personally know of crossdressers who are Carpenters, Truck Drivers, Heavy Machine Mechanics, Auto Mechanics Coal Miners and Hockey Players

Kate Lynn
03-01-2011, 07:49 PM
I don't know how technical what I do is but I build custom flat top ultra match uppers for AR-15 rifles,with flat top gas checks,with quad rail fore ends,and I mount Shepard scopes on them,then sight the scopes in,and test fire them,I sell them at gun shows and don't do to badly.

All the purchaser has to do is just drop it into their lower,I don't sell lowers,and test fire it to make sure it's on the bullseye.

Most of them are used in competition by target shooters.

Suzette Muguet de Mai
03-01-2011, 07:50 PM
What do you expect when one is constantly solving problems and being locked into number crunching, labs/worshops, research and development, some informatics, and reports. I guess I am just a technocratic nerd seeking freedom to be me and play :).

MsJanessa
03-01-2011, 08:35 PM
lawyer here--MsPortia to you girls---lol

Jessica_Dillon
03-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Hmmm. I have a double degree in Music Education and Instrumental Music Performance. I taught for a copuple of years, and now I am an Airline Captain. I also own a hotrod/restoration shop on the side and specialize in custom auto fabrication, paint and body, and drivetrain builds. Not exactly sure where I fit in the techie thing, but I'm sure just describing how all that fits together gets pretty technical!

Helen Grandeis
03-01-2011, 09:12 PM
I am an mechanical engineer. My male personna works with a test lab to qualify purchased nuts, bolts, pipe, pumps and mechanisms for use in a nuclear power plant. Very specific requirements. When I am lucky, I get to let the lab break things. During refueling outages, I work nights. On my night off, I put my loving but intolerant wife to bed. Then I transform and I still stay up all night en la Femme but alas mostly in doors. My technical side is totally entwined in all sides of my soul. I like to break out singing frequently - a reflection of my inner mathematics cleaving to patterns and rythyms. I love the feel and texture of my feminine clothing.
I guess the best feeling is the both the serenity and exitement of being dressed. I have bought a Tria Home Laser (very techy) and have embarked on a year long process of becoming body hair free. I am looking forward to meeting new friends in the safety of these quorums.

Babeba
03-01-2011, 09:24 PM
I've got three thoughts on this. . First, I'tell noticed a lot of technical minded people tend to insert jargon or tech related jokes into their posts. Maybe that makes them easier to see?

Second, most of the cross dresser s I have met or seen in person have been in artistic or creative fields. I saw most as there were one or two I didn't ask/couldn't infer.

Third, with the self selection theory, it may be that thetech s are the ones most comfortable chat ing on a forum regularly?

Edit to say: welcome, reluctant! I hope you feel comfortable and happy here.

juno
03-01-2011, 09:40 PM
My theory: Some crossdressers, like myself, have a female right-brain. Men have a smaller corpus callosum, the connection between left and right brain hemispheres. In right-handed people, the left hemisphere is dominant. The right hemisphere is associated with emotional/artistic thinking, and many traits that are often more associated with females. Supposedly, women are more balanced, and men are more left-dominant.

In men that are strongly left-brain dominant crossdresser, I think the right brain is often dominant in the female persona, and the male left hemisphere sometimes doesn't understand where these feelings come from. When they (i.e. me) allow their female persona to express itself, the brains emotional state gets into a more balanced state, and the entire brain feels better.

If this is right, crossdressers that are not in this category likely have a more balanced overall feminine personality, feel less confused about why they crossdress, and are less likely to have dual (male and female) personalities.

My wife says that when I am sleeping, I tend to be more left-handed, which is controlled by the right brain. It would be interesting to monitor crossdressers to see if some of them show increased usage of the left side while dressed female versus their male persona.

Helen Grandeis
03-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Kwisatz Haderach - a prophet that can have spice fueled visions down both male and female paths. I love Frank Herbert too.

Frédérique
03-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Has anybody else noticed that probably all crossdressers have a job, occupation or an interest in the technical subjects such as computers or engineering, there are one or two notable exceptions who are artists but in the main we seem to be Techies or allied occupations...

Your theory is probably correct, in fact I’ve heard about this connection with all things technical – do you suppose crossdressing is a necessary emotional release for these individuals?

HOWEVER, I am a self-employed visual artist, so that flies in the face of your statement (above). But, wait a minute – I am not like other artists. I don’t rely on intuition or inspiration, nor do I make my artwork during a fever of creativity akin to the stereotypical representations of artists people may be familiar with. In fact, I work closely with my computer and my images are highly technical – while many of my peers are technical illiterates (and they boast that fact), I embrace digital manipulation and use it willingly. Many years ago I began my artistic explorations in the field of technical drawing, but when that path veered towards engineering I took the other, less travelled route towards fine art. As such, I am grounded in technical matters, and it shows in everything I create*...

*But I prefer curves to straight lines...:battingeyelashes:

Chemise
03-01-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm more technical than anything else, computers, cars, I'm a time served Panel Beater.

NathalieX66
03-01-2011, 10:30 PM
Count me out of the techie crowd. I'm a creative, artist-type. .....so, I guess I'm one of the exceptions. :tongue:

Gina, that being said, I have met many transgender folks, and I will say that I have met a rather large constituency of them that are in the tech fields. Computer nerds/geeks, whatever you want to call them. I agree with you, and I think you are on to something here.

I have a younger brother , who is a computer techie/geek of the highest order, with a doctorate in computer science, and his personality is very much like the stereotype you mentioned BUT he is not a crossdresser. He does joke a lot about Monty Python, and the drag skits, but I've never known him to act on impulses to crossdress. His personality is more like Weird Al Yankovic.

Niya W
03-01-2011, 10:40 PM
I use to be a CD but then I upgraded to DVD. I'm glad I didn't go to HD DVD. I'm still deciding on Blu ray.

OccasionalSkirt
03-01-2011, 11:10 PM
I use to be a CD but then I upgraded to DVD. I'm glad I didn't go to HD DVD. I'm still deciding on Blu ray.

Will you go 3D? I heard its all the rage!

Niya W
03-01-2011, 11:37 PM
38DD hm maybe with the right surgeon .

Robin Lee
03-01-2011, 11:50 PM
There does seem to be a lot of tech. crossdressers and TS out and about. But some of the girl are hooking in the bars and clubs to make ends meet. As a groupe we still have a long way to go baby!

Best Wishes,
Robin Lee

Gina X
03-02-2011, 02:33 AM
Count me out of the techie crowd. I'm a creative, artist-type. .....so, I guess I'm one of the exceptions. :tongue:

Gina, that being said, I have met many transgender folks, and I will say that I have met a rather large constituency of them that are in the tech fields. Computer nerds/geeks, whatever you want to call them. I agree with you, and I think you are on to something here.

I have a younger brother , who is a computer techie/geek of the highest order, with a doctorate in computer science, and his personality is very much like the stereotype you mentioned BUT he is not a crossdresser. He does joke a lot about Monty Python, and the drag skits, but I've never known him to act on impulses to crossdress. His personality is more like Weird Al Yankovic.

Don't get me wrong girls I'm not saying all CD/TG girls are techies etc but just that we do have a large representation from those occupations. Take myself I have qualifications as a Domestic gas engineer and as an Electronic engineer and have studied art notably water colours and glass jewellery making, which I'm told the artistic side uses the right side of my brain and when I'm engaged in artistic persuits I do feel and act differently just as I feel different when I'm crossdressed. So I seem to come at it from all sides..............

2SpeedTranny
03-02-2011, 03:10 AM
I hope this isn't a feel-good sort of thing, as if to say that we're somehow better than the rest of the population, or even above the mean. Smarter than the average? I'd say the general caliber of grammar and spelling here isn't any better than it is on any other internet forum I've visited.

I've known plenty of other technical/mechanical/artistic/name it people in my life... and likely as not about the same percentage of them are trannies as is proportional to the population as a whole. I don't think we have a causal relationship here either way.

However... talented people tend to take up more or odder hobbies than the norm. Take ham radio enthusiasts, for one... or guys who build ships in bottles... or miniature builders. Some hobbies require a certain level of technical ability, so one can, to some extent, infer certain traits about a person by their hobbies.

Crossdressing, of course, is more artistic than technical... though we can certainly see aspects of this particular hobby taken to technical extremes on this forum. :heehee:

Gina X
03-02-2011, 03:18 AM
I hope this isn't a feel-good sort of thing, as if to say that we're somehow better than the rest of the population, or even above the mean. Smarter than the average? I'd say the general caliber of grammar and spelling here isn't any better than it is on any other internet forum I've visited.

I've known plenty of other technical/mechanical/artistic/name it people in my life... and likely as not about the same percentage of them are trannies as is proportional to the population as a whole. I don't think we have a causal relationship here either way.

However... talented people tend to take up more or odder hobbies than the norm. Take ham radio enthusiasts, for one... or guys who build ships in bottles... or miniature builders. Some hobbies require a certain level of technical ability, so one can, to some extent, infer certain traits about a person by their hobbies.

Crossdressing, of course, is more artistic than technical... though we can certainly see aspects of this particular hobby taken to technical extremes on this forum. :heehee:

This is a general discussion on crossdressing to look at and discuss one particular fasset, I didn't infer CD'ing was technical simply that more people with a technical leaning appear to be crossdressers, should you be uncomfortable with this then please feel free to not join in ...........................

gwenbeth
03-02-2011, 10:54 AM
My theory: Some crossdressers, like myself, have a female right-brain. Men have a smaller corpus callosum, the connection between left and right brain hemispheres. In right-handed people, the left hemisphere is dominant. The right hemisphere is associated with emotional/artistic thinking, and many traits that are often more associated with females. Supposedly, women are more balanced, and men are more left-dominant.

This brings up another question: How many of us are left-handed versus right-handed? I myself am left-handed

Gina X
03-02-2011, 11:28 AM
This brings up another question: How many of us are left-handed versus right-handed? I myself am left-handed

Personnaly I'm predominately Right handed but can use my left for various tasks as I was taught when a young apprentice to use tools in my left hand so am now sort of partially ambidextrous .............

t-girlxsophie
03-02-2011, 11:57 AM
I honestly dont agree,my TG friends number amongst them Bus Drivers,Cleansing dept workers,Traffic Wardens (ggrrr) and myself I work stacking shelfs'I think we come from a wide spectrum
You know what they say about statistics

Tina B.
03-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Retied Trucker/bed bug hauler, I was told the best of came equipped with a strong back, and a weak head, I wasn't the best, but for thirty years I was pretty good at it. I have a son in Silicon Valley, that pushed be to learn to use an old computer it set up at my house. And all of you are lucky I am tech enough to figure out out to down load spell check, my line of work didn't require much writing skills. The years that I have been around here, and other sites, I have found people from all walks of life among us, and anything is consistent, would be how many of us have served in the military, of our countries.
Tina B.

2B Natasha
03-02-2011, 01:36 PM
Has anybody else noticed that probably all crossdressers have a job, occupation or an interest in the technical subjects such as computers or engineering, there are one or two notable exceptions who are artists but in the main we seem to be Techies or allied occupations ..................

Don't get me wrong girls I'm not saying all CD/TG girls are techies etc but just that we do have a large representation from those occupations. Take myself I have qualifications as a Domestic gas engineer and as an Electronic engineer and have studied art notably water colours and glass jewellery making, which I'm told the artistic side uses the right side of my brain and when I'm engaged in artistic persuits I do feel and act differently just as I feel different when I'm crossdressed. So I seem to come at it from all sides..............

There are two conflicting satements above. Both from yourself. In the first it's stated " Probable all " in the next you say " I'm not saying all " Which is it? Personally I don't care which it is, just that you pick one and go with it and own up to the fact you said both. Also none of that British say something that only another brit would understand because of it's suttilties. No stiff upper lip blah blah blah. Just admit it.

As for me. I was in consruction for 18 years and now I drive a bus.

Niya. If you went 38DD HD 3D. Would I need glasses to see it?

Gina X
03-02-2011, 01:59 PM
There are two conflicting satements above. Both from yourself. In the first it's stated " Probable all " in the next you say " I'm not saying all " Which is it? Personally I don't care which it is, just that you pick one and go with it and own up to the fact you said both. Also none of that British say something that only another brit would understand because of it's suttilties. No stiff upper lip blah blah blah. Just admit it.

As for me. I was in consruction for 18 years and now I drive a bus.

Probably all means possibly or nearly all then I said I'm not saying all which is correct wether it is said in UK English, Welsh, USA English or Serbo Croat. Yes I said both they do not conflict but compliment each other. You also have my statements misconstrued I was simply stating that more CD/TS people appear to me to come from a technical or engineering background which means obviously some do NOT as in your own case. I'm not stating a fact but pointing out My point of view. If I am not correct I'm inviting people to tell me their experience so we can compare notes and see if a conclusion can be drawn. Wobbly lip Sob Sob Sob

Niya W
03-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Nope. I'm glassless 3D

Marcia Blue
03-02-2011, 10:10 PM
I consider myself to be a techie. I am an automotive tech by training and trade. I have designed, built and flown large hobby rockets. I have also operated cnc mills and lathes.

fun4metoo2004
03-03-2011, 07:43 AM
No, I didn't notice that, but now that you mention it...

I am a Consulting Systems Engineer now. I ran my own ISP for a couple of years and while in the service was a systems operator.

Go figure.

SuzanneBender
03-03-2011, 08:17 AM
Dang it. Now I have to stop being transgender. I am a liberal arts person. To be more specific psychology and I am in the military. I knew I should have gone with that engineering degree.

Gina X
03-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Dang it. Now I have to stop being transgender. I am a liberal arts person. To be more specific psychology and I am in the military. I knew I should have gone with that engineering degree.

Tut Tut there's always one, you can still be TG but you'll just have to look at peoples minds, instead of dresses and shoes, serves you right !! LOL

jennifer easton
03-03-2011, 09:09 AM
Hang in there Diana, I've work out side my whole life, work at truck driving, delivering lumber and working in the yard pulling and making up the loads to be delivered for 37 years, and the whole time wanting to be just the girl next door! Oh yeah I'm right handed also, go figure. Jenni

flatlander_48
03-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Mechanical Engineer here for 39 years, including 6 as a computer programmer and simulation analyst and 2 years as a quality assurance analyst. Also, a motorsports and photography enthusiast.

RenneB
03-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Great observation. I've got two engineering degress and worked for over two decades as an engineer until my previous employer decided to grant me an involuntary layoff. Long story. But now, I'm home with nothing to do... Hmmm what could I do at home with plenty of time on my hands.??? Ohhh I'll think of something..

Mary Morgan
03-03-2011, 11:48 AM
I don't think that we can categorize crossdressers anymore than any other group. I have noticed a large segment that are law enforcement, fire service, executive managers, medical arts, you name it.

Gina X
03-03-2011, 12:12 PM
I don't think that we can categorize crossdressers anymore than any other group. I have noticed a large segment that are law enforcement, fire service, executive managers, medical arts, you name it.

Hi Mary, from the few replies I've had here there does seem to be a bias towards the more technical trades and from your examples I would class law enforcement, fire service and medical to be more technical than otherwise...........

Sully
03-03-2011, 12:54 PM
I am an IT Tech AND guitarist in a rock band!

//Sully

flatlander_48
03-04-2011, 05:15 AM
I am an IT Tech AND guitarist in a rock band!

//Sully

You mean your rock band needs an IT Tech? Wow!?!?!?!?

Gina X
03-04-2011, 07:35 AM
You mean your rock band needs an IT Tech? Wow!?!?!?!?

Probably helps printing out the music for the deaf !! LOL

Cristi
03-04-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm in IT... but I disagree with the premise of this post.

It is encouraging that you find crossdressers is ALL corners of society. It means we aren't just a fragment off to the side somewhere, but can be found everywhere. Blue collar workers, lawyers, unemployed 20-somethings...

Whenever I see the posts that try to categorize us all in one group, I feel that that cheats us somehow. We are fully representative of the ENTIRE society, not just a corner of it.

Gina X
03-04-2011, 12:08 PM
I'm in IT... but I disagree with the premise of this post.

It is encouraging that you find crossdressers is ALL corners of society. It means we aren't just a fragment off to the side somewhere, but can be found everywhere. Blue collar workers, lawyers, unemployed 20-somethings...

Whenever I see the posts that try to categorize us all in one group, I feel that that cheats us somehow. We are fully representative of the ENTIRE society, not just a corner of it.

Cristi, This isn't an attempt to categorise or classify anyone into any sort of department it is merely an observation. I know that we come from a very diverse sector of society but it occured to me that a lot of us seem to come from the technical sector, right thats it back in my box !! LOL

AimeeJ
03-04-2011, 03:08 PM
i fall into that group. lol

NicoleScott
03-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Gina X,
Predictably, your theory seems to better understood by the techie types.

busker
03-04-2011, 06:23 PM
Played in a symphony orchestra, played in a big band, sold books, author, editor, had several groups when young, and occasionally still play the guitar, among other things. I was even a sys admin for about 8 years but that was the worst part of my life and long since forgotten. Also do photography and digital manipulation.

S. Lisa Smith
03-04-2011, 09:45 PM
lawyer here--MsPortia to you girls---lol

I'm a lawyer also...

valerie_vanesse
03-05-2011, 10:15 AM
I have been a produce guy my whole life. Started trimming lettuce for Star Markets in Boston in 1967 and have been a Prod. Mgr, supervisor ,Buyer, and Broker.I have met CDs who have had a very wide range of careers, but to tell the truth, have never encountered a techie in person:battingeyelashes:

DianeDeBris
03-06-2011, 02:36 AM
I'm a lumberjack, and I'm OK ....

Tanya C
03-06-2011, 03:26 AM
I'm an architect which means I could be considered a combination of artist and engineer.

So, I guess I have crossdressing credentials.

Monique L
03-06-2011, 04:04 AM
I have a degree in mathematics (who says all dumbs are blonde :D) and work as a program manager.

KerryLynn
03-06-2011, 09:57 AM
I work as a web designer and computer repair and I'm a full time CD'er. Since i have been open I am grown to be a reasonbly successful repair tech and working on a web design degree. Doing this shows me that No matter what you look like if your honost and treat people right it doesn't matter who you are.

Either that or Im cute :P
Kerry

LizSummers
03-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Software Developer in SF here :)

Joanna_81
03-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Actually I'm a historian, so that's not exactly a technical-related occupation or interest. ;)
Though several years ago there was a joke among Polish TGirls, that average Polish TGirl is a computer geek around 30.
But that originated from the fact, that internet wasn't so widespread back then, so the people who had earliest access to it were indeed very often coming from that group.

kristinacd55
03-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Hmm...well seing that I'm unemployed...my best gf is in retail...another best gf is in sales.....somehow i don't get it.

Well I guess I should make more of myself...i have a degree in accounting, was a retail buyer/advertiser/warehouse worker/salesman, played guitar and sang in numerous bands among other things. but still not in the tehno field

BLUE ORCHID
03-06-2011, 05:50 PM
Hi Gina, Retired heavy petroleum/master electrician over 40years.

Orchid

tgcowgirl
03-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Mechanic, machinist, welder, electrician, carpenter, plumber, cowboy, heavy equipment operator...but hey, I have also worked with GG's in all of these jobs too.